Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester City's 2017/18 kits thread

20 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I just can't work out why they would go for a template with a sleeve design when they had planned to put that on the sleeves. It looks like something a kid would design on PES.

Exactly.  The purple badge itself is bad enough, but what makes it much worse is that it's slapped over a pattern that clearly wasn't designed to have anything stuck over it.  If it was stuck on a plain black sleeve, and a bit smaller, it wouldn't look quite so bad. Same issue will apply to the Premier League badge. 

Knowing the badges were going on, surely the club could have talked to Genesis/Puma and got the same shirt but without the daft shoulder pattern. Without it, both the blue and black shirts would be classics. 

The sensible thing would be to make the sponsors sleeve badges optional for anyone buying a shirt, the same as the Premier League badges. Maybe a condition of the sponsorship was that they had to be included, but it's marketing suicide.  So many sales are going to be lost, including one from me, I was going to make it my first shirt since the white bukta one circa 1992. 

The end result is a complete mess, and it looks like a pub team shirt that's had the badge sewn on by a group of primary school kids. 

What percentage of sales does everything think will be lost because of the crappy badge? I think it will be high, around 40%. I certainly will not be buying one with that on the sleeve. But then how much do you think they got through the sponsor for it? Perhaps the loss of shirt sales will be a drop in the ocean compared to what they got through the sponsors? Someone at the club must have realised that the shirt looks like a Bentley with a big purple peace of crap stuck on the bonnet?

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I just can't work out why they would go for a template with a sleeve design when they had planned to put that on the sleeves. It looks like something a kid would design on PES.

To be fair the news about shirt sponsors came late on in the season and next seasons kits will already be being signed off as we speak. 

7 hours ago, daz*dsb said:

Sorry, am I understand you correctly? 

Those awful purple badges AREN'T optional? 

"Hi, can I have an advert on my arm please that doesn't match the kit? What's that it will cost me £5, Great put one on each arm please" is exactly how every conversation would go if it was optional isn't it.

"Hi, can I have an advert on my arm please that doesn't match the kit? What's that it will cost me £5, Great put one on each arm please" is exactly how every conversation would go if it was optional isn't it.

Or £5 off if you have it, £5 more if you don't.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

They could make it optional and for anyone that wants it, it should be free.  No matter how hideous it looks, some people would still want to own exactly the same kit as what the players wear.

Does anyone know if other clubs are selling shirts with the sleeve sponsorship already on, off or with a choice of either?

1 minute ago, Snik-Snok said:

They could make it optional and for anyone that wants it, it should be free.  No matter how hideous it looks, some people would still want to own exactly the same kit as what the players wear.

Does anyone know if other clubs are selling shirts with the sleeve sponsorship already on, off or with a choice of either?

The problem is that everyone elses sleeve advertising matches the kits and doesn't stand out like ours

18 hours ago, rn9013 said:

Not quite sure why people need to have a look at their life because they rightly feel the football club have deliberately attempted to sell an expensive product under false pretense. If I bought a designer T-shirt from XYZ.com and it turned up with a purple rectangle on a sleeve that was not pictured, which as a result in my opinion changes the desirability of the product,....I'd rightly be complaining (I can't see the difference here). 

Yes I'm not going to bang down doors and start a protest about it.....but I think people are perfectly within their rights to feel aggrieved without people telling them they need to have a look at their life. 

My point was more referring to the fact that football shirts are mainly for kids. If a grown adult is doing anything more than shrugging their shoulders at a purple badge on a football kit then they need to get out more IMO

Jim's just a yes man who actually doesn't do anything to help fans just fobs them off. Will always plays the "I'm a fan too and i've brought it" as you see above the "if you don't like it don't buy it" approach stinks.

The club has made the transition from being a fans club to running it as a corporate cash cow who couldn't give a flying monkeys about fans based in England or Leicester it's all about international brands and fans. Sooner people wake up and realise this the better but whilst the majority are happy enough being brought off with a beer and doughnut, they will still think the sun shines out of the owners arse and they can do no wrong.

Archived