Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

13 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Aren't Marseille his French club? 

No, he was in Le Havre FC, in the Normandy region (around an hour away from Paris)

Actually, before Mahrez fully blowing up, the Marseille president snobbed off Mahrez saying he's not good enough to play in Marseille. The tables have turned now

Labrune: «Pensez-vous réellement que des joueurs de Leicester et de l'USM Alger peuvent aujourd'hui avoir leur place à l'OM dans le projet qui est le nôtre »

Translation: Do you really think that players of Leicester or USM Alger can, today, have their place in Marseille ?

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

Can't wait to see him move to a big club, then fail to put the effort in which leads to him being dropped.

After almost 3 and a half years, after him playing with the team in the championship and getting promoted, winning the premier league and surviving relegation two times, playing in the QF of the champions league and being they only POTY in the history of this club? Is this how you repay his loyalty.

Wow, just wow!

16 minutes ago, the fox said:

After almost 3 and a half years, after him playing with the team in the championship and getting promoted, winning the premier league and surviving relegation two times, playing in the QF of the champions league and being they only POTY in the history of this club? Is this how you repay his loyalty.

Wow, just wow!

The haters will be listening to this when he's gone:

53 minutes ago, moseeds said:

He's been great for us - for the life of me don't understand fans that scorn him for not being an all-action fighting midfielder with fancy footwork. There's not many of them on earth. Forever grateful we had the pleasure of unleashing the real Riyad on the footballing world.

He was "great" last season and nowhere near "great" this season. Still a contributor, no question,  but disappointing just as often and for lengthy periods of time. 

I can't guess the reasons for that but there might well be some. But, again, like Gray, I think he has enough flaws to go with his strengths to be replaceable if the right offer came along.

He's not that strong, he's a bit of a liability when we've lost the ball and is so one footed any reasonably swift defender should be able to rattle his cage before he gets chance to escape so long as they maintain their concentration and, again, like Gray, I've seen quite a few wingers who've impressed me more.

Fit, happy and fully focused on being here, no I wouldn't want to sell him. But anything less and I'd take the money and go again with whatever potential fast/ruthless replacements we've surely had adequate time to research.

1 hour ago, moseeds said:

He's been great for us - for the life of me don't understand fans that scorn him for not being an all-action fighting midfielder with fancy footwork. There's not many of them on earth. Forever grateful we had the pleasure of unleashing the real Riyad on the footballing world.

He's a great player and it's great to see him moving up the ranks and I'm grateful I was able to witness such a transformation (of which there were a couple in the past few years thanks to our rise up the leagues).

My main source of frustration with Mahrez is that I know that he knows how good he is or how good he can be. Being doubled up on the pitch is one thing and tactics by the gaffer also come into play, but I was expecting a bit more self-consciousness from Riyad, trying to come up with a solution of how to bypass the opposing "surveillance".

Last year, he's was fvcking hot - this season, once we've let Ranieri go, he's been one of the few players that have not made the step up back to normal mode. That's what's most disappointing. Because we all know he can do much, much better.

Either we keep him and allow him to prosper for one more season - should he leave, I do hope it's for a lot of money and to a (very) big club.

His body language when he came off towards Shakespeare and Stowell appeared as if he doesn't feel valued and obviously not happy he came off.

Hope the former wasn't the reason for it as he's getting the opportunities, he's certainly met them today and he deserves a first-team spot than Gray does at the moment.

Just now, sk3since03 said:

Not really no just because he scored today it doesn't justify the average performances of the past few weeks   

Yeh, really it was. He had a standout performance for us today and scored. He's pretty much marked by two men every time he gets the ball this season. Even when not at the top of his game he's a key player for us. Like it or not. 

I am not against selling any player for the right price, if they want to leave. However, I would not allow any of our top players to move to another prem team. We had little choice with Kante due to his release clause, but none of our top players have release clauses now and they all have pretty long contracts. So either sell abroad for the going rate or they stay at LCFC. That's what I'd do. Why should other prem clubs benefit from the work  our club has put  in developing these players 

Mahrez hasn't hidden his distaste for playing in France. When the story about Marseille's president rejecting him came out last season, he said he wouldn't have wanted to play for Marseille anyway even if he had made a bid. There's several interviews where he said he's not interested in playing for PSG either.

Archived