Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

10 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Watford rejected £30m for Troy deeney last summer, £35m? More like £45m. 

I meant £35m if it means he goes abroad as IMHO the money we might lose out on from a domestic transfer is off-set by the fact we are not significantly strengthening a rival. Not too many foreign teams can pay the sort of fee an English club can so in my opinion it's better to sell him for less to avoid him going elsewhere in the Prem. If he insists on staying in England then we should be looking at £45m+ in my opinion.

Club should just come.out and say if you want our star players pay for them.

50 mill mahrez

50 mill vardy

50 mill kasper

50 mill drinkwater 

50 silimani 

150 mill Ndidi

People would think this is nuts but if clubs want them they would pay it if not we build for Europe and next season

Just now, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Club should just come.out and say if you want our star players pay for them.

50 mill mahrez

50 mill vardy

50 mill kasper

50 mill deinkwater 

50 silimani 

150 mill Ndidi

People would think this is nuts but if clubs want them they would pay it if not we build for Europe and next season

cunning to sell his german lookalike instead

If Mahrez does jump this Summer its likely to put a hold on the reports of Gray moving on. If Mahrez is looking to move I'm surprised that Gray isn't being given more game time to assess our options for next season without Mahrez. Again its talk of silly money, £30mn for Mahrez. Only Leicester City could have a PFA player of the year valued at only £30mn, it'd probably cost £60mn to replace him like for equivalent.

Have to say I'm not as phased about Mahrez leaving this Summer as I was concerned about it last Summer. Good luck to him, he has been good luck for us.

REZ-Y TO GO 

Riyad Mahrez expects to quit Leicester this summer with Arsenal and Tottenham leading chase

Algerian winger expects Foxes to honour a verbal agreement they reached last summer and allow him to leave

RIYAD MAHREZ believes he’ll be allowed to leave Leicester this summer – with Spurs and Arsenal leading the chase.

The Algerian wing wizard landed a four-year deal worth £100,000 a week in August after firing the Foxes to their stunning Prem title triumph last season.

But he now expects to be allowed to leave the King Power, having reached a verbal agreement with former boss Claudio Ranieri that he would give them one more year.

And Arsenal are expected to come in again after a failed move last summer.

It is thought Leicester will hold out for a figure in excess of £30million.

The Telegraph report that Mahrez is set to hold talks with Foxes officials, when he will tell them he wants a transfer.

The 26-year-old is keen to compete for more silverware and believes he needs to move on after Leicester fell short of securing another season of Champions League action.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino is eyeing the likes of Mahrez and Palace winger Wilfried Zaha to bolster his front line.

2 minutes ago, Bazly said:

If Mahrez does jump this Summer its likely to put a hold on the reports of Gray moving on. If Mahrez is looking to move I'm surprised that Gray isn't being given more game time to assess our options for next season without Mahrez. Again its talk of silly money, £30mn for Mahrez. Only Leicester City could have a PFA player of the year valued at only £30mn, it'd probably cost £60mn to replace him like for equivalent.

Have to say I'm not as phased about Mahrez leaving this Summer as I was concerned about it last Summer. Good luck to him, he has been good luck for us.

Have you got some new news here Baz ...    I'm slightly confused ...

If he does leave it won't be the end of the world, just the end of a chapter. But you make  a good point, there are teams that could have sold Gray for 30 mil just because of their name, let alone Mahrez. 30 mil is way too cheap, I wouldn't go for less than 45 mil. Think about how much it would have cost to buy Eden Hazard from Chelsea last summer, who played equally as bad as Mahrez did this year after his own PFA player of the year season. Chelsea would have placed a minimum of 70-80 mil for him easy. 

Seems like the right time for me. Should command a strong fee but money isnt ours or his motivation. He wants next step up and we should duly oblige. We are at a time of changes ourselves, new manager tbc, ageing back four, need to freshen up strikers and a young wide player desperate for more game time. Whilst im not convinced Gray is the answer week in week out we should bolster with another quality winger who is in his prime. 

16 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Made an agreement with Ranieri, better take it up with the don then pal.......oh wait. 

Do you know what they say about verbal agreements?

They're not worth the paper they haven't been written on. 

18 minutes ago, drofmor55 said:

Think he only stayed last season because we signed his pal Slimani...what a formidable partnership they turned out to be 

Awesome post based on strong arguments.

Bummer. But if he wants to go, then no point holding him back. Good to luck to him.

Watch people slagging off until the end of the season and accusing him of having downed the tools.

Archived