Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

Just now, Babylon said:

I think the reality of it probably is, a half arsed Mahrez is still more of a threat than Gray.

I don't get the comparisons tbf. Mahrez is 5 years older than Gray.

Gray is only 21 and the best run of football he got was at Birmingham in the second tier.

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think the reality of it probably is, a half arsed Mahrez is still more of a threat than Gray.

If you've got time babs, could you do one of those squaka comparison things, per 90 minutes. I'd do it myself but I'm no use at it.

Just now, Strokes said:

If you've got time babs, could you do one of those squaka comparison things, per 90 minutes. I'd do it myself but I'm no use at it.

There isn't a huge amount between them, but definitely leans Mahrez's way.

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 09.54.17.png

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The variable being the disjointed amount of game time combined DG played, it would be interesting to see how he performs if given 8-15 consecutive games of 75 plus minutes.

33 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It does still give hope that gray doesn't have as far to go as we think.

A big year for him coming up I think.

47 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You've filtered out too many things Babs ...    can you add the following ...

Missed Penalties.

At least trying to stop the player who is running past you as if you wasn't there.

Releasing the ball a bit earlier.

Encouraging your team mates.

Not having a face like a slapped arse all the time.

:)

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

There aren't many teams that drop their best player who's suffering from a loass of form. They might do it the odd time in a hope to kick start their season but ultimately the very best players get chance after chance. Vardy wasn't dropped either and his form was arguably way worse than Mahrez's for a large part of last season. The thing with Vardy was it was purely confidence and the team around him just failing to get the ball in the right areas and Vardy just froze for months. Mahrez it is different, he's always the focal point of our play, there are many reasons I'm sure for his poor season but no manager in their right mind is going to leave their best player out even if it's farcical to keep an underperforming player in the team. But that's football.

The fact that Mahrez is 'always the focal point of play' is the problem. Teams just double (and treble) up on him. Again, this isn't rocket science. If he plays for a team where he isn't 'always the focal point of play' he'd get far more room to do what he does. We don't need to replace Mahrez' creativity, we need to add to it.

11 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

In before the lock. Mods wont let this go to 200.

Serious note this should be locked as nothing is happening. Nothing to see here move along.

You are right mate  that 200 post is so mysterious ,   

If  you want mahrez gone so hit that number asap

If you want  him staying so make a snail walk and be sure to hit 200 post after the first of september   

Just saying 

42 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

The variable being the disjointed amount of game time combined DG played, it would be interesting to see how he performs if given 8-15 consecutive games of 75 plus minutes.

Of course, but on the flip side, the game time he has he's fresh and up against tiring defenders. So it's swings and roundabouts. He's always seemed to make more impact off the bench than he was when he's started for me.

34 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It does still give hope that gray doesn't have as far to go as we think.

A big year for him coming up I think.

I've said it before, I don't think last season would have been much different in the league had we played Gray all the time instead.

46 minutes ago, cc_star said:

Is it possible to do the same, but from 24th Feb, rather than start of season?

I don't think so, there might be with some paid stats stuff like the full opta that you can isolate it.

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Yes they weren't playing too well but we sorted that and sacked the Don ....      I think there were a few floaters but I don't particularly think Riyad was one of them ...

But les talk about before the 'don' was sacked. Who were the stand out players?

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

That's not reality at all, that's fantasy land.

Well it's a shame the stats show different. That backs up what I've seen on the pitch, what you got to offer as evidence?

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

You've filtered out too many things Babs ...    can you add the following ...

Missed Penalties.

At least trying to stop the player who is running past you as if you wasn't there.

Releasing the ball a bit earlier.

Encouraging your team mates.

Not having a face like a slapped arse all the time.

:)

What were you watching last season then? Gray regularly had a face like a slapped arse, never released the ball early, never encouraged his team mates and never tried to stop players running past him.

You might not like Mahrez and that's fine but there's no way you can dislike Mahrez but like Gray.

7 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

Not rating Gray is genuine madness. Where's the report button

Who said they didn't rate him. He's a good prospect, but he's nowhere near Mahrez's quality. A half arsed difficult season for Mahrez and Gray still didn't show more than him.

Oh yeah, he's not as good as Mahrez obv, but Mahrez is amazing and people (not suggesting you) are down on him as well.

But he clearly has something, he just gets virtually no opportunities. Hardly any starts, and a decent chunk of those 1000 minutes would be when he was brought on with the game already lost.

33 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

What were you watching last season then? Gray regularly had a face like a slapped arse, never released the ball early, never encouraged his team mates and never tried to stop players running past him.

Then it should be a close call then ...     perhaps we should have played them both at bit more ...    couldn't have been any worse.

35 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

You might not like Mahrez and that's fine but there's no way you can dislike Mahrez but like Gray.

I do like Mahrez ...    I like him a lot ...   and its too early to make a call on Gray ...   he has a lot of potential but does look like a miserable ble*der half the time ...      sorry its not all black and white like you seem to want it to be.

Riyad Mahrez 'not slacking' despite wanting out of Leicester, says Wes Morgan

By Sky Sports

Last Updated: 25/07/17 8:37am

Riyad Mahrez remains a target for Roma this summer following a rejected bid

Riyad Mahrez is "not slacking" from his Leicester commitments despite wanting out of the King Power stadium for good, captain Wes Morgan has insisted.

Mahrez is the subject of interest from Italian club Roma, who had a bid of £20m rejected earlier this month, having declared in May that he wanted to leave.

The Algeria star started in both Leicester's Asia Trophy games against West Brom and Liverpool last week and Morgan is pleased with this team-mates efforts despite uncertainty over his future.

uoted in the Leicester Mercury, Morgan said: "Everyone knows about Riyad Mahrez. We've seen what a difference he can make. He's got the key to unlock defences.

"I think you can see on the pitch that he's not slacking. He's putting in a shift for the boys. He's a Leicester player and that's all I can say."

Archived