Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

41 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

it all starts when they are kids...

... a lad dribbles with the and beats a few players before losing the ball gets told "it was a great run"... (actually he should have passed the ball).  Frankly he might as well have passed it to the opposition rather than bother with he run.  The coach should take such a lad off to cool his heals and learn the lesson...  Sadly this never happens and we end up with player wants to make an impression int he only way that believe they can...

Kids these days! In my day you came home with brain damage from heading the ball and gashes in the forehead from the laces on the ball! 

Seriously, passing is such an underrated skill but can be taught, at any level.  I think some of the issue is trust of team mates, some of it is overdoing it to make up for mistakes earlier in the game, and some of it (in DG's case I think) is trying to prove a point of how good they can be in a game, and trying to make an impact. 

5 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

... a lad dribbles with the and beats a few players before losing the ball gets told "it was a great run"... (actually he should have passed the ball).  Frankly he might as well have passed it to the opposition rather than bother with he run.  The coach should take such a lad off to cool his heals and learn the lesson...  Sadly this never happens and we end up with player wants to make an impression int he only way that believe they can...

I doubt this is the case at all. They are coached when and when not to pass. This happens all the way through the youth system and even varies depending on how the manager wants to play at professional level. No player fulfils their potential by continuously playing in a different way as their coaches want them to. 

Mahrez does what he does because he's afforded that license in what is such a rigid formation.

Gray does seem like he's too eager to impress and ends up making poor decisions. 

Neither player play like they do because someone told them they dribbled well when they were 5 years old. 

Also, taking a kid off to 'cool his heels' because he dribbled when he should've passed? :blink:

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

Kids these days! In my day you came home with brain damage from heading the ball and gashes in the forehead from the laces on the ball! 

Seriously, passing is such an underrated skill but can be taught, at any level.  I think some of the issue is trust of team mates, some of it is overdoing it to make up for mistakes earlier in the game, and some of it (in DG's case I think) is trying to prove a point of how good they can be in a game, and trying to make an impact. 

i thought the original post was sarcasm as kids are generally drilled into "get rid of it!"

Riyad Mahrez 'could do great things' at Roma, says Maxime Gonalons as Leicester man's future remains unclear

• Roma have already seen one bid for Riyad Mahrez rejected by Leicester City 
  • The Serie A club could still go back in for the tricky Algerian winger this summer 
  • Maxime Gonalons thinks Mahrez would have the perfect stage to shine at Roma

Roma star Maxime Gonalons has suggested Riyad Mahrez 'could do great things' if he makes the move to Serie A from Leicester.

Mahrez is on Roma's summer wishlist and a bid for his services has already been rejected, according to Leicester manager Craig Shakespeare.

However, the interest in the Algerian remains and Gonalons would be a fan of the signing.

'Mahrez is a great player and he could do great things if he came to Roma,' Gonalons told Corriere dello Sport

'But what counts is [on] the pitch. It's pointless setting goals when you haven't played yet.'

Meanwhile, Leicester defender Wes Morgan does not think the uncertainty surrounding his future has affected Mahrez's performance levels.

'Everyone knows about Riyad Mahrez. We've seen what a difference he can make. He's got the key to unlock defences,' he told the Leicester Mercury.

'I think you can see on the pitch that he's not slacking. He's putting in a shift for the boys. He's a Leicester player and that's all I can say.' 

19 minutes ago, Bamba's Babes said:

Poorly constructed sentence. You should have quit whilst you wer... you were never ahead.

Oh, don't be so touchy. It's just a bit of fun, lighten up a bit. A bit of adult banter never hurt anyone. I'll say no more if it's upsetting. 

15 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

More noise about Coutinho going to Barca, which is much more believable.

If this happens do you reckon Liverpool would make a bid for Mahrez?

Not the most Klopp-like of players, but might be worth a punt for them if Coutinho leaves

Mahrez is yet to prove himself in the number 10 role. With Sane, Lallana and Salah all tending to play the wide roles in a front three I can't them going for Riyad. They're more likely to replace him with someone more versatile like The Ox. Nowhere near as good mind you. Or he'll go sniffing around Gotze in the hope he can reincarnate him.

25 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Not the most Klopp-like of players, but might be worth a punt for them if Coutinho leaves

Can't believe that Klopp would pay more than 40m. Still think that we should hold out for 50m to a pl club but maybe accept 35m/40m from a foreign team.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Made up click bait again.

A lot of money is about to start shifting around Europe. Monaco are going to be completely awash with money after all their sales and Mbappe looking like he's going to Madrid for £160m. Neymar potentially going PSG, Barca will have a load of cash to spend. In the end it's going to trickle down to our level and someone will pay the money.

14 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Catch 22 really and the reason England will never win anything.

Players that dribble need to learn how to go around people. Inheritely whilst doing this, they’ll lose the ball. 

You’ve got to expect that sometimes players of this ill will make incorrect decisions, you need to allow them time to be creative and to a degree, carry them at times.

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The Italian press this morning seem convinced we've agreed a deal with Roma for Mahrez worth £33m. Personally I'd be amazed if we let him go so cheaply, but it is being widely reported.

Would prefer this to a 40m  transfer to a PL club.

We were going to accept €28m the other day as well apparently.

They are playing it out in the press in the hope Mahrez picks up his ball and says he's not playing any more.

Having seen Tops comments the other day, I would be very surprised if that was accepted.

17 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The Italian press this morning seem convinced we've agreed a deal with Roma for Mahrez worth £33m. Personally I'd be amazed if we let him go so cheaply, but it is being widely reported.

If that’s true we’ve been robbed and a lot of Leicester fans will be pissed off.

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Liverpool are a traditional big club and have Champions League football. I wouldn't begrudge Riyad a move there. I can handle almost anywhere else but Arsenal and Tottenham.

Doing the rounds this morning that Arsenal will be signing Lemar this week. If true then thats their interest in Mahrez done.

Can't see him going Roma personally as it seems it would just be a move to put himself in the shop window. He'd have to uproot his family and potentially take a pay cut whereas he could just play out his skin here and get a move to a 'bigger' team in January. That way we'd get an over inflated fee and its win win.

36 minutes ago, Bamba's Babes said:

Liverpool are a traditional big club and have Champions League football. I wouldn't begrudge Riyad a move there. I can handle almost anywhere else but Arsenal and Tottenham.

Not a chance of him going there, His work rate isn't high enough and they've already got Mane and just bought Salah. So I don't really see an opening for him. But he would look good there.

Archived