Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

8 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

When on form mahrez is both creative and a worry of oposition defenders.  If he ever wants to go to a cl clib he needs a good season...  thus no one has come for him... so its down to his prrformances

However..  he cant sign a 4 or 5 yr contract and then say "one more year". If he had said that a year ago we woukd have paid him 100k pw  .he shoukd give his wages back 

I suspect what happened is that when Mahrez signed the new contract there was an unofficial agreement between him and the club that if he wanted to leave this summer and a decent offer came in, the club would not stand in his way. However I also strongly suspect that exactly what constitutes a 'decent offer' was never agreed on. So now we have a situation in which Roma, etc are offering to pay what Mahrez believes to be decent offer but which the club definitely does not. It could drag on for some time to come.

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I suspect what happened is that when Mahrez signed the new contract there was an unofficial agreement between him and the club that if he wanted to leave this summer and a decent offer came in, the club would not stand in his way. However I also strongly suspect that exactly what constitutes a 'decent offer' was never agreed on. So now we have a situation in which Roma, etc are offering to pay what Mahrez believes to be decent offer but which the club definitely does not. It could drag on for some time to come.

I think you are right. .... both his agent and the club have made thus muddle.

If he diesnt knuckle doen to get back to his best he will be p1ssing on his own chips

16 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

If he diesnt knuckle doen to get back to his best he will be p1ssing on his own chips

It's quite ironic that players, fans and media keep mentioning this but it's Mahrez who's making the doubters look like they're pissing on their own chips and then eating them...

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

You're right and on his last couple of performances I think he agrees as well. One thing I noticed last night was he was quick to release a couple of first touch passes. The more he does this early in games the more space he will create for himself.

Im hoping for once last humdinger of a season and a mutually happy separation thereafter.

Topping his PFA winning season should do it...

Do that, he might just get his dream move

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

As I've said previously, we should be doing everything in our power to keep him. If that means 200k a week then so be it...

Surely Vardy would be well within his rights to ask for the same then?

14 minutes ago, Collymore said:

As I've said previously, we should be doing everything in our power to keep him. If that means 200k a week then so be it...

NO WAY 

till  he wants 300k and downs tools again ! 

He is only playing well at the moment to try tempt a big fish to hook him 

wouldn't trust him him to look after my lawn to be honest 

22 minutes ago, Collymore said:

He won't get that amount anywhere else unless he steps up his performances. It would be better to incentivize him for points, wins, and goals.

25 minutes ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

You're right and on his last couple of performances I think he agrees as well. One thing I noticed last night was he was quick to release a couple of first touch passes. The more he does this early in games the more space he will create for himself.

Im hoping for once last humdinger of a season and a mutually happy separation thereafter.

Topping his PFA winning season should do it...

Do that, he might just get his dream move

Ryan giggs commented on rashford saying he should mix it up to keep the defenders guessing.  Same for mahrez. If he is tripple marked then a quick pass takes three guys out of the game.

He need to sit and look at video s and freeze the action when he received the ball and then look at what his best option was and then compare it with what he did

Simple way to end this 

club should say min 10 league goals min 15 league assists and trophy and you can leave next summer for an agreed fee say £25m 

watch the little Franco Algerian work his ass off then ! 

45 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

NO WAY 

down tools? when has he done that??

I just hope someone puts an end to all this. If he's here for another 2 weeks then we leave ourselves with very limited time to find a replacement, and we all know how long it takes us to complete most of our transfers! Similarly if he were to leave in January we'd be in trouble! 

However, he is a special a player, but as I've said before, it's clear he's only a special player when he can be bothered. It was clear last season that his own ability and hype had gone to his head and his heart wasn't with us. Last season's Mahrez won't be so hard to replace. Our problem is that if we do truly have ambitions to be a consistent top 6 team, then we need to find a replacement as good as Mahrez from the season before, and that will be very difficult

59 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I tottally agree. If we sell him we have to replace him which will be difficult and will cost us 35mill+ and any type of player that costs that is going to want 140/150k a week these days so might as well give it to Mahrez.

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

****ing hell...are you serious.

tottally yes. You really think he has 'downed tools' if you are refering to last season you could put three quarters of the squad in their and some of them never picked the tools up in the first place!

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

NO WAY 

You're unbelievable 

Quite ironic how many fans are now realising that we will be lost without him.

Even though he was not as effective last season he was still a major part of the turnaround and has a massive impact how opponents face us because he requires more attention than anyone else in our squad.

All the fans suggesting ship him out and move on are stupid - fortunately the owners are handling this extremely well to date and Shakey is also handling him fantastically - hopefully they will tell Riyad that if we have not had an acceptable bid by the start of the season then he will be staying until January at least.

For me ideally we would be showing a bit more ambition and signing one or two more creative match winners i.e a proper No.10 and I do not see Kelechi as the solution to that and maybe another creative midfielder or winger. This would show Riyad that we have ambitions but also have a plan for IF he moves on.

Hopefully no one meets the asking price and he remains until January at least. Its world cup year, he probably would be worth more and have the pick of the Top Clubs if he was to remain and perform at a high level again so all parties would win but I think his agent has definitely not helped with his head being turned and sadly we will probably lose the most gifted player we have ever had.

Hopefully the owners are strong enough not to let this happen close to deadline day as our record of last minute acquisitions are poor and without more creativity we are very mid to lower half of the table.

10 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Quite ironic how many fans are now realising that we will be lost without him.

Even though he was not as effective last season he was still a major part of the turnaround and has a massive impact how opponents face us because he requires more attention than anyone else in our squad.

All the fans suggesting ship him out and move on are stupid - fortunately the owners are handling this extremely well to date and Shakey is also handling him fantastically - hopefully they will tell Riyad that if we have not had an acceptable bid by the start of the season then he will be staying until January at least.

For me ideally we would be showing a bit more ambition and signing one or two more creative match winners i.e a proper No.10 and I do not see Kelechi as the solution to that and maybe another creative midfielder or winger. This would show Riyad that we have ambitions but also have a plan for IF he moves on.

Hopefully no one meets the asking price and he remains until January at least. Its world cup year, he probably would be worth more and have the pick of the Top Clubs if he was to remain and perform at a high level again so all parties would win but I think his agent has definitely not helped with his head being turned and sadly we will probably lose the most gifted player we have ever had.

Hopefully the owners are strong enough not to let this happen close to deadline day as our record of last minute acquisitions are poor and without more creativity we are very mid to lower half of the table.

No, I think many fans, myself included are now realising that we have not brought in any creative players yet, and so the reliance on Mahrez is as high as ever. We either need to keep him and sign an additional player that can create things for us, or we sell him (what he wants don't forget!) and bring in two creative players to try and limit the damage of losing such a creative talent. 

Judging by how poor he was for large parts of last season and his desire to leave us, I would still be OK with him moving on, if we do sign two top creative players. If no big club comes knocking though or fail to meet our £40+ million valuation, then I am also OK with him staying here and trying to rebuild his reputation with us so he can try attract the top 4 type clubs again for January/next summer.  

Archived