Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

33 minutes ago, Lcfcwigstonblue said:

Monaco just announced Lemar isn't leaving this summer so the Gooner fans will now think Mahrez is joining them again.

And then TalkSport announce that Arsenal are on the verve of signing him for £45m. lol

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

we surely wont sell so late aswell resulting in us panic buying a rubbish replacement.

We may well be forced into this situation unless we inform Arsenhole that bids made after a certain date will not be accepted.. Also, you would like to think there are contingency plans in place for when Mahrez departs. If not, then someone Inside recruitment should be gang banged by a herd of randy stallions.

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

There is already a large number of them on twitter basically saying, "fine - we'll just get Mahrez then". They all seem to think we'll just roll over and sell him to them on the cheap, too...

Arsenal fans are renowned social media knob heads. 

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

Arsenal fans are renowned social media knob heads. 

Yeah the toe rags basically saying if inexplicably Lemar turns them down ( maybe because you didn't offer enough money ... unlike Chelsea

who did their business with Monaco in a few days ) .. they are willing to accept Mahrez as a second rate option.

They must be as confident as they were with Vardy last year.

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

We may well be forced into this situation unless we inform Arsenhole that bids made after a certain date will not be accepted.. Also, you would like to think there are contingency plans in place for when Mahrez departs. If not, then someone Inside recruitment should be gang banged by a herd of randy stallions.

Top has already publicised a deadline date of 11th August for Mahrez's leaving us.

28 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Top has already publicised a deadline date of 11th August for Mahrez's leaving us.

Has he now? Not seen that. If true, may a few days earlier might be prudent?

Brother in law is a massive Liverpool fan and apparently there's a lot of buzz up there that Riyad will be the man to replace Coutinho if / when he joins Barca.

Roma have also apparently bid £30m with £5m in add-ons. Hopefully Top tells them to get ****ed.

What's Italian for 50? Is it 35 with add ons? I really don't get what's hard to understand. Granted the 50 seems to be the medias made up number but even so, there are less gifted players going for more than £35M. 

Anyway, I hope he stays as unless we sign someone as creative I think it'll be a season of medriocracy as we're easily good enough to stay up but nowhere near the top 7. 

10 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Brother in law is a massive Liverpool fan and apparently there's a lot of buzz up there that Riyad will be the man to replace Coutinho if / when he joins Barca.

Roma have also apparently bid £30m with £5m in add-ons. Hopefully Top tells them to get ****ed.

I've been thinking this could be more likely.  If Couts leaves either Liverpool will pick Mahrez up or they will get the Ox and Mahrez will go to Arsenal or some sort of merry-go-round might happen.

Arsenal is best for him.  He will be indulged more there

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I've been thinking this could be more likely.  If Couts leaves either Liverpool will pick Mahrez up or they will get the Ox and Mahrez will go to Arsenal or some sort of merry-go-round might happen.

Arsenal is best for him.  He will be indulged more there

Edit:  except for us, we're best for him, indulge him like a fat spoiled child, give him sweets before bed and everything

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I think people get what a loss it would be.  But he will probably go, so whats the point in pinning all hope in him?  Depressing to think we will be shit without a player that doesnt want to be here anyway

Exactly this.

If he came out and said he'd had a rethink and wanted to stay, I think we'd all be happy 

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Exactly this.

If he came out and said he'd had a rethink and wanted to stay, I think we'd all be happy 

I'd be over the ****ing moon! Even if he said one more season and then I'm definitely going. I'm not a fan of his behaviour last season but take him out of that side and what flair have we got?

I believe Ryan Air fly to Rome, so this is probably where this low price plus 'add ons' tactic originates.  Roma probably think it is the norm in the UK maybe?

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

I'd be over the ****ing moon! Even if he said one more season and then I'm definitely going. I'm not a fan of his behaviour last season but take him out of that side and what flair have we got?

Very little. One of our problems is that we don't have much creativity in central midfield (although Ndidi will score goals if he is allowed to get forward enough), meaning we are heavily reliant on our wingers to create chances. If Mahrez goes he will probably be replaced by Gray, who has potential but is nowhere near Mahrez's quality yet. Even if Mahrez stays we will still be in desperate need of another genuinely creative player; if he goes we need at least two.

This does worry me, when he goes go do we even have anyone lined up to replace him? I'm not aware of any links or rumours to any creative players. 

I beginning to think that the only first team quality players we get this window will be Iheanacho, Iborra and Maguire with about 4 leaving.

22 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This does worry me, when he goes go do we even have anyone lined up to replace him? ...

I can't believe for one second that we don't have a plan B if he goes and that discreet enquiries have already been made ...     whether we are able to get 'plan B' in is a different matter.   Obviously if he doesn't go then there is perhaps no need for plan B and we can concentrate on other areas ...   could be we just never know what plan B is ...  :)

(Quiz for the under 7's ...   how many times was the phrase 'plan B' used in this post).

When on form mahrez is both creative and a worry of oposition defenders.  If he ever wants to go to a cl clib he needs a good season...  thus no one has come for him... so its down to his prrformances

However..  he cant sign a 4 or 5 yr contract and then say "one more year". If he had said that a year ago we woukd have paid him 100k pw  .he shoukd give his wages back 

Archived