Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

46 minutes ago, Bamba's Babes said:

Liverpool are a traditional big club and have Champions League football. I wouldn't begrudge Riyad a move there. I can handle almost anywhere else but Arsenal and Tottenham.

I can handle almost anywhere but EPL!

Despite his poor 16/17 season relatively speaking he is still by far the best player I've seen in a LCFC shitt. 

His touch, intelligence, passing, dribbles and overall elegance on the ball is amazing. He just needs a coach to help him elevate him to another level and he needs better players around him. I'm hoping that coach is Shakespeare but if not, I hope he becomes the beast we know he can be whichever club he's at.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Despite his poor 16/17 season relatively speaking he is still by far the best player I've seen in a LCFC shitt. 

His touch, intelligence, passing, dribbles and overall elegance on the ball is amazing. He just needs a coach to help him elevate him to another level and he needs better players around him. I'm hoping that coach is Shakespeare but if not, I hope he becomes the beast we know he can be whichever club he's at.

Which is why I hope it's not in the PL. Unless of course he stays with us.

Warming to the idea of him staying due to no "BIG" club coming in for him and then having to prove himself with another 6-12months with us. He certainly can't have another season like the last one, as his dream of a big move will definitely fizzle out then. 

A fired up Mahrez for 6-12 months would be a massive boost for us, especially as we have yet to sign a creative player. 

40 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Not a chance of him going there, His work rate isn't high enough and they've already got Mane and just bought Salah. So I don't really see an opening for him. But he would look good there.

That was my initial thought.  But then i imagined the way Liverpool swarm forward when attacking.  Think of Mahrez taking on one or two and then having attack-minded players over-lapping him in the way that they do.  Could working being surprisingly good. But yeah, Klopp would want him winning the ball back more than he is accustomed to I suppose

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

That was my initial thought.  But then i imagined the way Liverpool swarm forward when attacking.  Think of Mahrez taking on one or two and then having attack-minded players over-lapping him in the way that they do.  Could working being surprisingly good. But yeah, Klopp would want him winning the ball back more than he is accustomed to I suppose

lol thats what happens when you type at work with your mind on more than one thing at once.  Shocking. Apologies

39 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Warming to the idea of him staying due to no "BIG" club coming in for him and then having to prove himself with another 6-12months with us. He certainly can't have another season like the last one, as his dream of a big move will definitely fizzle out then. 

A fired up Mahrez for 6-12 months would be a massive boost for us, especially as we have yet to sign a creative player. 

That's a real possibility. But if we don't sign another creative player, he'll be very likely as "crap" as last season.

58 minutes ago, Koke said:

3:30 is the litteral definition of killing the ball dead. A fair share of bad decisions (not releasing the ball) also. But he's still a joy to watch.

31 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

lol thats what happens when you type at work with your mind on more than one thing at once.  Shocking. Apologies

I fully understood what you meant. Yes, He certainly would look exciting in their team because they have so many good players. That would mean he should get more space and time on the Ball.

I think the Balance of him staying with us is increasing a little more each day.

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I fully understood what you meant. Yes, He certainly would look exciting in their team because they have so many good players. That would mean he should get more space and time on the Ball.

I think the Balance of him staying with us is increasing a little more each day.

If he stays and has the right frame of mind, it would possibly have a bigger impact on our season than any new  signing.

16 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

If he stays and has the right frame of mind, it would possibly have a bigger impact on our season than any new  signing.

Yes quite right. i just have a feeling that Shakey is talking him around, At least for one more season.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

I wouldn't rule out Jose coming in for him yet. He wants to sign a forward player who can score and cut in from wide positions...

Anything is possible, But again I think his work ethic would let him down. He's the type you have to indulge a little, and I'm not sure if Jose likes that in a player.

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

The Monaco chairman has said in a press conference in the past hour that Lemar is staying there, so we can expect an Arsenal bid of around £20m soon...

I reckon Arsenal are trying to sell Oxlade-Chamberlain at a strong fee, before getting everything together to make an excellent offer for Mahrez.

I just enjoy his skill in a City shirt. I hope he stays.

The talk of a move to Barca seems to be Riyad's dream, ( pipe dream?). If they genuinely came in with an offer could we seriously resist?

As for Arse#al ,also said to be a hoped for destination, he appears to be the insurance policy if other bids fail.

Are Roma serious contenders? They ,like other teams mentioned,seem unlikely to meet the asking fee.

For me I hope he stays and continues to weave his magic next season.

3 minutes ago, Lcfcwigstonblue said:

Monaco just announced Lemar isn't leaving this summer so the Gooner fans will now think Mahrez is joining them again.

There is already a large number of them on twitter basically saying, "fine - we'll just get Mahrez then". They all seem to think we'll just roll over and sell him to them on the cheap, too...

Archived