Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

3 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I think a lot of us are not especially hopeful.

But hope springs eternal, so we ought not to give it up yet.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be sporting a semi for days if he joins us lol. I can't help but feel though a bit of summer boredom would breed frustration and a massive overreaction if he doesn't join us.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I'll save my whinging about transfers until there is something to whinge about at the end of the window.

Same but I can see the panic already starting given how poor we've been in the last few Windows. Worryingly we've usually agreed a deal by now for at least one player, let's hope plenty are in the pipeline. A manager would be nice as well but beggars can't be choosers.

37 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

Has any club made any signings yet?

Technically the season has only just finished with Champions League and FA Cup, I'm sure a lot of managers/players etc will currently be away. I'm sure a lot of rumours will be recycled from previous or loose links heard through a 'source'. 

Look back at last summer when we found out that NG was leaving - mid July. Seven weeks wasn't enough time to get a replacement in! Clubs want to do business early. They don't want to be worrying about getting their replacements in for our targets. We will be trying to get our deals done now and the targets will have been told if shakey has he job. 

And yes, plenty of deals have already been announced but where a player has a choice of destinations, expect him to take a little time to decide. With gylfi, Everton have Barkley to deal with - we should go strong with our offer but limit its time. Try and force the issue. He can be a starter here or take his chances there and potentially have no offer if Barkley were to choose to stay. 

27 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

Not entirely sure, just read it on the Sky Sports app 

The cynical side of me talking here but who is to say that they aren't just trying to get people to back it on Sky Bet?

James Rodriguez to Man Utd was a perfect example. "Sky sources" reported it, loads of people pile on it on Sky Bet. Rumour seems to evaporate.

I could be wrong but I can't see what's stopping them doing that.

As for worrying about signings, while I agree it's a bit early for a full blown meltdown, we have demonstrated in the last couple of windows that there is cause for concern in this area. Anyone who has faith in us to have a good summer right now has nothing but blind faith. I'm praying I'm proven wrong but we've seen it too often recently.

If we pulled this signing off I would be very assured. It would be a superb signing.

2 hours ago, daz*dsb said:

OK, so Ndidi - probably the one decent signing we made.

Not much else to make a song and dance about, is there?

Would you be OK with just one decent signing this summer? 

I would prefer 1 quality signing a window Ndidi and keeping hold of our best players like Jan than a few average ones like last summer and losing a world class player in the same window.  But if we are going to seriously compete at the top half of the table this summer we need at least 3 quality signings. Our transfer policy this summer has to be way, way better than last year. Sigurdsson would make us a much better side, Riyad might even stay. It would make us more attractive to other players too.

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

We're ok with 30m apparently? Everton only want to pay 25m? Is this happening?

sure they may want to max at 25m but they will match our bid to get him if they want him. (which everyone in the press seems to think they do - hence the 4/7 odds)

4 hours ago, MPH said:

Thats a good idea. He could wack 20 million on us signing him at 5-1, bid 36 million, get the offer accepted and bish bosh jobs a good 'un!  Free clappers for the next 20 years!

Maybe just put £7.2m on - might avoid arousing suspicion, that way? 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Look back at last summer when we found out that NG was leaving - mid July. Seven weeks wasn't enough time to get a replacement in! Clubs want to do business early. They don't want to be worrying about getting their replacements in for our targets. We will be trying to get our deals done now and the targets will have been told if shakey has he job. 

And yes, plenty of deals have already been announced but where a player has a choice of destinations, expect him to take a little time to decide. With gylfi, Everton have Barkley to deal with - we should go strong with our offer but limit its time. Try and force the issue. He can be a starter here or take his chances there and potentially have no offer if Barkley were to choose to stay. 

7 weeks is plenty of time to find a replacement! In all seriousness the club would of probably been aware of Chelseas interest way before then too! How do you know the club was trying to find an instant replacement too? Don't forget we signed Mendy early on and clearly changed our tactics - was we changing because CR was trying to evolve the side? Or had we changed and felt players we had could do a good enough job? Like has been mentioned too, the Ndidi deal was soon as the Jan window opened, had we already found Ndidi as Kantes replacement and couldn't get the deal done due to the Belgian league? Don't just assume we failed to sign a replacement even though 7 weeks is plenty of time to sign a player as the club would already have looked at replacements before that time too. 

I'm sure the club have identified their targets and have been trying to complete deals asap as they would obviously like to get players in asap to prepare for the season/ get the squad settled. How do you know players haven't already signed or are just waiting for clearance with medical etc so just waiting to be announced? 

Who knows what Sigursson wants and what any club can offer him with money/ squad status etc just cause Barkley situation is unclear doesn't mean he would be put off signing, Barkley can play in more than one position and could potentially line up with Barkley and Sigursson sitting behind Lukaku? 

Apart from the lower leagues what deals have been done? I don't think anyone has done business in Prem/ top European divisions? 

17 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

7 weeks is plenty of time to find a replacement! In all seriousness the club would of probably been aware of Chelseas interest way before then too! How do you know the club was trying to find an instant replacement too? Don't forget we signed Mendy early on and clearly changed our tactics - was we changing because CR was trying to evolve the side? Or had we changed and felt players we had could do a good enough job? Like has been mentioned too, the Ndidi deal was soon as the Jan window opened, had we already found Ndidi as Kantes replacement and couldn't get the deal done due to the Belgian league? Don't just assume we failed to sign a replacement even though 7 weeks is plenty of time to sign a player as the club would already have looked at replacements before that time too. 

I'm sure the club have identified their targets and have been trying to complete deals asap as they would obviously like to get players in asap to prepare for the season/ get the squad settled. How do you know players haven't already signed or are just waiting for clearance with medical etc so just waiting to be announced? 

Who knows what Sigursson wants and what any club can offer him with money/ squad status etc just cause Barkley situation is unclear doesn't mean he would be put off signing, Barkley can play in more than one position and could potentially line up with Barkley and Sigursson sitting behind Lukaku? 

Apart from the lower leagues what deals have been done? I don't think anyone has done business in Prem/ top European divisions? 

Man City have already signed a player for 40m

West Ham have signed Zabaleta, Stoke have signed Fletcher

5 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Man City have already signed a player for 40m

West Ham have signed Zabaleta, Stoke have signed Fletcher

Rudkin needs to get off his backside and start earning his pay.he can't sit back and try and get players transfer deadline. That's what's happened. So come on Rudkin spend the money on quality players and we will be all happy ?. Up the foxes

Archived