Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

Just give Swansea £30 and him 120k p/w and be done with it. He's clearly a positive addition that is an upgrade on Okazaki at number 10. Aren't we 16th in the rankings for Richest Football clubs? Get it done.

With Everton looking like they're losing Barkley and Lukaku, arguably two of their better players, then they become slightly less attractive. But having said that, most would probably choose Everton over Leicester. We need to show Gylfi we want him by getting in there early, paying him what he wants, and telling him Mahrez and the boys are staying :riyad:

16 minutes ago, weller54 said:

To use the election as an example of our chances of winning his signature... 

We're... Corbyn 

Everton... May... 

i.e. We've No Chance! 

Have to disagree with both elements of your analysis, although I can see parallels between society's and football's upper echelons

This summer is now worrying me.

This guy we need, but he's a lot more likely to sign for someone else, if for no other reason than we don't have a manager ffs. 

Even if it is Shakey, is he really going to attract players to here more than Keoman can to Everton?

I fear we are going to have a disappointing summer in terms of recruitment.

I hope I am wrong.

Might not be that easy but we should just go all out ATTACK on trying to sign players like this. Don't piss about, put the pressure on our rivals. Price them out the game if needs be. We've earnt so much dough in the last 2 seasons it's frightening, we deserve a player or two of this ilk and if he cost us £40 million and 100 bags a week then do the job.

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

5th June and people are moaning about being slow in the transfer market already lol

It's hardly unthinkable, given our history of recent transfer windows that we will be slow to start, never get going, fail to make reasonable offers to players we apparently 'want/need' and then end up scraping about picking up whatever dog-shit is left behind when everyone else has done their business.

We're in a position this season where, after last season's joke windows we need to get off to a good start, show some intent and actually sign some decent players otherwise we're in for a very bad season next year. 

Given the above, I can understand people panicking, even if it does seem a little premature.  

1 hour ago, Blodge said:

Just give Swansea £30 and him 120k p/w and be done with it. He's clearly a positive addition that is an upgrade on Okazaki at number 10. Aren't we 16th in the rankings for Richest Football clubs? Get it done.

Hmm £30 eh I wonder If swansea have change for a £50 note.

2 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

It's haindly unthinkable, given our hi story of recent transfer windows that we will be slow to start, never get going, fail to make reasonable offers to players we apparently 'want/need' and then end up scraping about picking up whatever dog-shit is left behind when everyone else has done their business.

We're in a position this season where, after last season's joke windows we need to get off to a good start, show some intent and actually sign some decent players otherwise we're in for a very bad season next year. 

Given the above, I can understand people panicking, even if it does seem a little premature.  

You say joke windows but we got ndidi In within days of the january window opening.

Just now, Tuna said:

You say joke windows but we got ndidi In within days of the january window opening.

OK, so Ndidi - probably the one decent signing we made.

Not much else to make a song and dance about, is there?

Would you be OK with just one decent signing this summer? 

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

And then we ended up with Wague and a whole forum gnashing their teeth and rending their garments.

I guess what I'm saying is that while Ndidi is great and we surely appreciate his talents (I think we'd have gone down without him) - we have a lot of question marks and the last two windows have been mixed at best.

13 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

It's hardly unthinkable, given our history of recent transfer windows that we will be slow to start, never get going, fail to make reasonable offers to players we apparently 'want/need' and then end up scraping about picking up whatever dog-shit is left behind when everyone else has done their business.

I'll save my whinging about transfers until there is something to whinge about at the end of the window.

6 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Enquired about him last summer.

Swansea wanted £36m.

He wanted £110k a week.

I'm not sure Everton will pay that tbh - and we're better off trying to get this done early, before Everton get the Lukaku money.

We spent £30m on Slimani...using that logic £36m is a snip, a bargain!

Mahrez wants to leave, as people know I question who'd be interested for the money we're asking/the money he's asking, but should someone take him, that £100k a week off the books so we're spending an extra £10k a week.

At the figures you're quoting I see no problems. Do it!

Along with players we want waiting to see who our gaffer will be and players like Sigurdsson possibly ending up choosing "Bigger" clubs...I think the worrying thing about this window will be tryin to shift the dead wood we have in the squad. E.g: Salami, Musa, Mendy. Along with keeping Vardy, KS, Drinky and Gray.

We haven't heard even a whisper about anyone wanting to buy the unwanted players, they cost over £50 million all together and the owners will want to see some cash coming our way before shelling out £40 mill on Gylfi! 

Plus we'll get about £40 million for Riyad ? Let's hope come June 30th we have every Chinese club trying to sign Islam, Ahmed and Nampalys. Although probably unlikely thanks to their new tax ruling ? 

Has any club made any signings yet?

Technically the season has only just finished with Champions League and FA Cup, I'm sure a lot of managers/players etc will currently be away. I'm sure a lot of rumours will be recycled from previous or loose links heard through a 'source'. 

4 minutes ago, Bablemikey said:

Not sure why it keeps being said because there is absolutely no evidence that any potential players are waiting to see who the manager will be.

It was quoted in a couple of newspapers as being so.

but what is it you are hoping for?

kami posting an interview outside the Swansea training ground on sky sports news with Gylfi saying " yeah Leicester have made an offer, I have agreed personal terms, I just am waiting to see who's got the gig there."

thats just not how it works. 

For one thing our owners would be against that- it would alert all interested parties letting them know they just need to find out how much we have offered him and they need to up their offer...

lol

Archived