Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

8 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Man City have already signed a player for 40m

West Ham have signed Zabaleta, Stoke have signed Fletcher

Ah yeah I remember seeing the Man City signing now, didn't know about the other 2 as haven't been able to keep an eye on everything going on much lately. Wasn't Man City's already agreed before and waiting to be announced? Zab and Fletcher I'm guessing are both out of contract players? 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

The cynical side of me talking here but who is to say that they aren't just trying to get people to back it on Sky Bet?

James Rodriguez to Man Utd was a perfect example. "Sky sources" reported it, loads of people pile on it on Sky Bet. Rumour seems to evaporate.

I could be wrong but I can't see what's stopping them doing that.

As for worrying about signings, while I agree it's a bit early for a full blown meltdown, we have demonstrated in the last couple of windows that there is cause for concern in this area. Anyone who has faith in us to have a good summer right now has nothing but blind faith. I'm praying I'm proven wrong but we've seen it too often recently.

If we pulled this signing off I would be very assured. It would be a superb signing.

Fair point 

11 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I wouldn't trust Rudkin with 40 million and I wouldn't trust him to push these deals through.  Can't we just hire somebody else?

Well our incredibly successful businessmen owners do. You seriously think they would stick with him if he wasn't good at his job?

1 minute ago, Papasmurf said:

Well our incredibly successful businessmen owners do. You seriously think they would stick with him if he wasn't good at his job?

His track record so far would suggest that he isn't that good at his job.

However, if we're sitting here at the end of July having had a successful transfer window, I'm willing to change my mind.

As things stand, considering his track record, no, I'm not convinced.

4 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

However, if we're sitting here at the end of July having had a successful transfer window, I'm willing to change my mind.

Come the end of last summer a lot of people thought it was successful in the end. Not particularly his fault the people who chose the players didn't choose wisely.

7 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

My feelings exactly.

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

5th June and people are moaning about being slow in the transfer market already lol

lol and that is why we got ****ed last summer and in god knows how many summers over the past few years.

Teams that get it done early are the teams that have a well prepared summer.

I just don't really understand why the owners don't want to aim bigger than Rudkin anyway.

If they want the dof / head coach model then surely getting a world class director of football / head of recruitment is just as important as a world class coach?

Someone with a depth of knowledge and contacts in the game, someone with a network of scouts all over the place, a proven track record of handling negotiations and bringing in players that have a record of doing well.

Rudkin was just the head of a pretty unproductive academy, he has no background in the sport whatsoever, no background in business, no nothing.

He's a failed footballer who did what a lot of failed footballers do and got in to teaching kids.

Slowly worked his way up from coaching the kids go being in charge of coaching the kids then somehow magically gets the dof role once Robinson is outed as a fraud.

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

knowing our owners I dont think rudkin has much time left

2 hours ago, DatfoxesKid23 said:

knowing our owners I dont think rudkin has much time left

doubt it, looks at other businesses ventures for them to

Leicester City owner and chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha eyes Royal Ascot after sending two prospects to Andrew Balding

• Leicester owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha wants a runner at Royal Ascot
  • The Thai billionaire has sent two prospects to be trained by Andrew Balding
  • Srivaddhanaprabha did his homework, Foxes director of football Jon Rudkin investigated trainer options before settling on Balding's Kingsclere yard

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

doubt it, looks at other businesses ventures for them to

Leicester City owner and chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha eyes Royal Ascot after sending two prospects to Andrew Balding

• Leicester owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha wants a runner at Royal Ascot
  • The Thai billionaire has sent two prospects to be trained by Andrew Balding
  • Srivaddhanaprabha did his homework, Foxes director of football Jon Rudkin investigated trainer options before settling on Balding's Kingsclere yard

Buzzing that he's looking to house some horses. To be fair after last summers exploits he's practised by housing a shit load of donkeys so it's the logical step.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

So in other words Rudkin is his bitch...

In the southeast of Asia, trusting your employees is a very big issue. many of my current suppliers were employed by former suppliers (if you get my drift).

having someone senior in place that you can trust completely may be more important to vichai than someone capable. In other words, trust is perhaps more important to vichai than ability. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

In the southeast of Asia, trusting your employees is a very big issue. many of my current suppliers were employed by former suppliers (if you get my drift).

having someone senior in place that you can trust completely may be more important to vichai than someone capable. In other words, trust is perhaps more important to vichai than ability. 

I sincerely hope you're wrong, but fear you maybe right. If this is the case then we could well be chasing the leftovers again just before the season starts. As Finnegan said in an earlier post, the head of recruitment is almost as important as the head coach/manager. Rudkins obvious lack of experience and contacts required to fulfil this role, does not inspire me with confidence.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

To add to your point a lot of suppliers in Asia use middle men/sales rep as the face of their company, who they trust to do a good job. But a lot of these sales reps will take advantage of that trust, by charging higher prices so they get higher commision.

So Rudkin's job performance might not even be monitored, because the owners trust him.

5 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

I sincerely hope you're wrong, but fear you maybe right. If this is the case then we could well be chasing the leftovers again just before the season starts. As Finnegan said in an earlier post, the head of recruitment is almost as important as the head coach/manager. Rudkins obvious lack of experience and contacts required to fulfil this role, does not inspire me with confidence.

What put me off Rudkin, was the story about him hearing Silva was available by speaking to an agent at the Champions league draw. I mean did we even scout Silva, or just bid for him because this agent said so.

I reckon there was a lot of pressure last summer to sign 'high quality' players, which agents took advantage of.

Owners clearly trust Rudkin. I don't, but I do trust our owners! if they think Rudkin is the man, then so be it. 

Anyway, back on topic- Rudkin won't be the reason why the signing (or non signing) of Sigurdsson will or won't happen.

He won't come here because Everton will be a more attractive package all round. 

Being honest, Everton is a bigger and better club than us, in every way. The only thing that we may be able to trump them with is wages.

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Owners clearly trust Rudkin. I don't, but I do trust our owners! if they think Rudkin is the man, then so be it. 

Anyway, back on topic- Rudkin won't be the reason why the signing (or non signing) of Sigurdsson will or won't happen.

He won't come here because Everton will be a more attractive package all round. 

Being honest, Everton is a bigger and better club than us, in every way. The only thing that we may be able to trump them with is wages.

Koeman is a good Manager to play for too... 

Who can we offer?.. We don't even know ourselves! 

Bonkers situation. 

15 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I just don't really understand why the owners don't want to aim bigger than Rudkin anyway.

If they want the dof / head coach model then surely getting a world class director of football / head of recruitment is just as important as a world class coach?

Someone with a depth of knowledge and contacts in the game, someone with a network of scouts all over the place, a proven track record of handling negotiations and bringing in players that have a record of doing well.

Rudkin was just the head of a pretty unproductive academy, he has no background in the sport whatsoever, no background in business, no nothing.

He's a failed footballer who did what a lot of failed footballers do and got in to teaching kids.

Slowly worked his way up from coaching the kids go being in charge of coaching the kids then somehow magically gets the dof role once Robinson is outed as a fraud.

Because I've heard that Rudkin is the biggest brown noser in the world.

Archived