Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Man City (A) Match Thread

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Would've loved to have seen Slimani in there instead of Okazaki. His performance off the bench last time out, offered far more than Okazaki. With King, the ball just can't keep coming back, like it does. Man up, hold it up and show a bit of guile please Shinji. 

I honestly don't think Slim would have been the man to hold the ball up the field either if that was the case. At least we know with Shinji we have got a player who will defend from the front which is what we will need big time.

Just now, lgfualol said:

This is why I hope Kapustka comes off the bench. If we are losing there is no harm.

Im guessing there isn't much to learn from putting a few youngsters into start and be 3-0 down at half time.. get them chomping at the bit and bring on second half when the pace might drop or they might sit back and protect their lead...

Not understanding the negativity and the massive odds bookies have on us.

We haven't lost to them since 2015, we're in twice as good a form as we were last time, we won last time anyway and Vardy is fairly close to being back to what he used to be.

Obviously the centre back issue is just that, a major issue for the game. But surely we absolutely have a shot here?

Can't wait boys!

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

It's clear Amartey dosent have a future here 

I'd just say he isn't ready...

season long loan next year for me.... maybe we signed him a year too early 

6 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Gah, hate the commentators calling Man City "City" as though they are the only city.

How do you feel about Man United being called "United"? I imagine that's the only reason why they call them City.

1 minute ago, Hawk17 said:

We haven't lost to them since 2015, we're in twice as good a form as we were last time, we won last time anyway and Vardy is fairly close to being back to what he used to be.

Obviously the centre back issue is just that, a major issue for the game. But surely we absolutely have a good shot here?

Can't wait boys!

All depends if they come out early and have a good crack at us. They have the players to undo anyone on their day let alone a depleted leicester defense playing away from home..

9 minutes ago, MPH said:

The second one one would be very attacking and brace for playing away from home!

I say go at them. If we sit back and defend we'll be torn apart. If we press high and try to expose their defensive weaknesses, then maybe we can outscore them.

Chilwell vs Sterling/Sané is going to be interesting. Hope young Ben has a colossus of a game today. It may be a different role to the one he played against Atleti as they didn't have the same width as Man City and he was LWB then, but I hope he continues in that same vein of form.

Just now, FireFox said:

I say go at them. If we sit back and defend we'll be torn apart. If we press high and try to expose their defensive weaknesses, then maybe we can outscore them.

As Barry Fry once said:

" I don't care how many goals they score just as long as we score more than them!"

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

Especislly when you consider  we are safe... why not take a look at a few people?

Shaky won't need to look at any squad member at this stage - he'll already know what they're capable of.  The people he might have wished to look at aren't eligible.     

1 minute ago, MPH said:

All depends if they come out early and have a good crack at us. They have the players to undo anyone on their day let alone a depleted leicester defense playing away from home..

Oh no doubt they're an unreal side man, just don't see us losing as such a forgone conclusion in the same way that a lot of media/bookies seem to see it. 

5 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

It's clear Amartey dosent have a future here 

Why's that? You may be right but equally the manager might want him to improve certain aspects of his game before giving him further opportunities. And that should be his focus whatever because he's nowhere near the finished article as yet.    

Just now, Thracian said:

Shaky won't need to look at any squad member at this stage - he'll already know what they're capable of.  The people he might have wished to look at aren't eligible.     

What about kaputska?

not really played first team football  so can't say how he'd perform...

also not seen amartey play at CB...

i have have a feeling that shakey may of been given a remit to finish as high up the league as possible as their are fianancial rewards for every position higher you finish and our owners are, well, businessmen. Can't blame shakey really as he's playing for his future too... doesn't want to upset the owners!

Nice to see Kaputska on the bench really hoping the lad comes on and grabs a goal for us,it'll be great to do the double on them this season really hoping the lads are up for this and really go at Man City an early goal for us would be great !!

COME ON YOU BEAUTIFUL FOXES !!

3 minutes ago, Hawk17 said:

Obviously the centre back issue is just that, a major issue for the game. But surely we absolutely have a shot here?

Can't wait boys!

Ordinarily I'd agree, I just fear the fact that they need something from this to achieve their minimum target of Champions League qualification, they'll see it as being in their own hands and that includes winning their homes games. I don't question our own lack of motivation, I just can't see Man City being poor today unless the longer it goes at 0-0 they get panicky and lose composure. Their full backs and Otamendi are there for the taking, we just need to get that far up the pitch. A brave 2-1 defeat? 

Archived