Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Man City (A) Match Thread

6 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Why's that? You may be right but equally the manager might want him to improve certain aspects of his game before giving him further opportunities. And that should be his focus whatever because he's nowhere near the finished article as yet.    

You don't improve without game time 

Just now, MPH said:

What about kaputska?

not really played first team football  so can't say how he'd perform...

also not seen amartey play at CB...

i have have a feeling that shakey may of been given a remit to finish as high up the league as possible as their are fianancial rewards for every position higher you finish and our owners are, well, businessmen. Can't blame shakey really as he's playing for his future too... doesn't want to upset the owners!

I'd imagine Shaky is free to do exactly as he wishes and can't imagine our owners would give a toss about a league position or two if  Shaky had some greater need which I doubt is the case.

Shakespeare will know Kaputska's ability inside out both through time spent at the club and videos of his international appearances. The same applies to Amartey - he'll know the player's ability inside-out.

I'm actually quite pleased he doesn't give our first team shirt out willy-nilly but tends to pick our strongest available team and from people who've shown they deserve to be there.     

It's nice to see honesty from Mahrez in his interview. Whatever happens he deserves massive plaudits for everything he's given.

Top player, and he deserves his shot at a bigger club. Same with Kasper.

It wouldn't surprise me if this game has a similar feeling to the one at Goodison Park last month. We have an experimental defence but both teams can score for fun.

4-2 Man City

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

lol Cheer up lad, I'll pass the tissues for you after that interview.

I'd be indeed sad if he's gone. He was a joy to watch no matter how frustrating he can be at times.

1 minute ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

I'm more comfortable with Fuchs at CB than Schlupp! Don't think we'll do as badly as Palace.

You need to take a leaf out of Bob's book and show fanatical devotion to the cause rather than bring unpleasant truths to the table.

Besides, it could be wing backs with Fuchs in a back three.

If we are playing with a back four why we're not trying out Amartey as a centre back, his position in his last club and in his national side, is beyond me though unless it's a case of "Daniel, you're a defensive midfielder my boy."

1 minute ago, Bryn said:

What did he say?

He won't think about what to do in the summer until the summer. Would have preferred him to say "There's nothing to think about, I'm at a great club, I'm happy.......the Haymarket shopping centre, Crusty Cobs, Rusty Lee, Filbert, what more could a man want"

6 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

I'm more comfortable with Fuchs at CB than Schlupp! Don't think we'll do as badly as Palace.

my thoughts too, they cant really go comparing us to Palace since they stuck Schlupp in at CB when hes never played there before and he started at as forward then has slowly made his way to LB

kind of wish we'd have given Amartey a chance at CB, but i doubt we'll see that ever tbh 

5 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

He won't think about what to do in the summer until the summer. Would have preferred him to say "There's nothing to think about, I'm at a great club, I'm happy.......the Haymarket shopping centre, Crusty Cobs, Rusty Lee, Filbert, what more could a man want"

Tell tale stroking of his cheek as he said it. You know what the body language peeps would say about that!

Archived