Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Man City (A) Match Thread

Yeah he was fairly honest so can't slag him off or fault him for that.

What did irk me somewhat was I can't think exactly how he said it word for word but he said something like 'at first I wanted to leave last summer'...perhaps says abit about his performances this season, head in another place.

The one blessing about him going would be the loss of the Algerian fanboys hopefully.

The bottom line for me though is I still can't see any of the big boys seriously interested in him based on this season, I can see them being interested in him if they could get him at a cut price, but I ain't interested in simply letting him go at any price (And hopefully the club think that way too), I want his full price, if Mahrez has a problem with us rejecting a low bid then perhaps he should have thought about that when giving below par performances.

Niall Quinn hit the nail on the head before other clubs seriously consider him I think he needs another decent season at this level.

He wouldn't get in the starting 11 of a big club anyway, based on this season.

You can make all the excuses you want about him having two men on him, e.t.c, quality players deal with that. I like how he's hiding behind the 'team' playing poor so he played poor too...well the team have improved now, he's not really done so.

19 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Ordinarily I'd agree, I just fear the fact that they need something from this to achieve their minimum target of Champions League qualification, they'll see it as being in their own hands and that includes winning their homes games. I don't question our own lack of motivation, I just can't see Man City being poor today unless the longer it goes at 0-0 they get panicky and lose composure. Their full backs and Otamendi are there for the taking, we just need to get that far up the pitch. A brave 2-1 defeat? 

It's the old story of a home team with something to play for against an away team with seemingly less to play for and putting out a weakened team, particularly in central defence / central midfield.

Hoping for the best, but man for man, Man City look stronger. Watching in Dubai, Richard Keys is fronting the show, he's put on some podge. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

What did irk me somewhat was I can't think exactly how he said it word for word but he said something like 'at first I wanted to leave last summer'...perhaps says abit about his performances this season, head in another place.

The one blessing about him going would be the loss of the Algerian fanboys hopefully.

The bottom line for me though is I still can't see any of the big boys seriously interested in him based on this season, I can see them being interested in him if they could get him at a cut price, but I ain't interested in simply letting him go at any price (And hopefully the club think that way too), I want his full price, if Mahrez has a problem with us rejecting a low bid then perhaps he should have thought about that when giving below par performances.

Niall Quinn hit the nail on the head before other clubs seriously consider him I think he needs another decent season at this level.

You can make all the excuses you want about him having two men on him, e.t.c, quality players deal with that. I like how he's hiding behind the 'team' playing poor so he played poor too...well the team have improved now, he's not really done so.

He's in the 'Big Boy's playground today great stage to put himself back in the market and await the arrival of the train.

4 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Didn't Vardy say the same thing

Probably, there's three possible statements you can make, a) I've already decided I'm not going to think about going elsewhere (very unlikely to come out with this one) b) Will think about it in the summer or c) I'm already thinking about it or have already decided (which would come across as highly unprofessional especially as we're set to play potential buyers in Man City and Spurs.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Completely agree. No way he gets into any of the big six in this country right now, wouldn't get into the top 3 in Spain. I think PSG or Monaco is an outside possibility but he's said he doesn't want to play in France and I think he'd be a squad player at this point. Can't see anyone in Italy or Germany being particularly interested either.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

He would start every week for every team in this league bar Chelsea and I would say any team in europe bar the big 4 Barca, Real, Bayern Juve.

Cetainly not based on this year's performances. 

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

He would start every week for every team in this league bar Chelsea and I would say any team in europe bar the big 4 Barca, Real, Bayern Juve.

Last season without a doubt, this season, nah, at some of those clubs I honestly question him making the bench on this seasons form.

3 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Completely agree. No way he gets into any of the big six in this country right now, wouldn't get into the top 3 in Spain. I think PSG or Monaco is an outside possibility but he's said he doesn't want to play in France and I think he'd be a squad player at this point. Can't see anyone in Italy or Germany being particularly interested either.

Hang on-he's better than any United wide player, better than any Arsenal player bar Sanchez, better than Spurs wide options, better than Liverpool's unless Can pushes on. He'd not get into Chelsea'a team on current form, but you could have said the same thing about Moses who's torn it up for them this season. He could easily cover De Bruyne for City as well. 

Barca and Madrid aside (they need names rather than players), he'd be welcome in any squad in the world, and my betting is he'd make most first teams. It's his decision making that has gone south, not his talent, and in a bigger club he'd sort that again.

Archived