Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Man City (A) Match Thread

Just now, fazzyfox said:

Do you have any tips about this afternoons horse races, please share them! The lottery? Eurovision? 

At least one person says it every week...and they've been wrong thirty odd times.

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Awful decision for the first, clearly offside.

As bad as we've been on the road we've consistently been fvcked by officials all season. No luck at all.

You can't just boil it down to refs. Their goal was a matter of time. Offside or not.

1 minute ago, Livid said:

King should never start a PL game.

Great finish by Shinji.

We need to get on the front foot more they are dog do do at the back but we need to be exposing them more.

Uhh, King has been alright on the ball. He started the move that lead to the goal and his interplay with Mahrez was what set up Albrighton's cross. Once again, people just going on their prejudice.

Not just Schmeichel affected by Stering, Fuchs can't move any more to his left, the side the shot passes him, because of Sterlings Presence (I know he's no man mountain but any attempt to run across him and he'd claim a penalty for the contact anyway)

Guest ttfn

I'm not convinced Schmeichel is getting to that if Sterling's not there but it's still offside.

Fuchs can't make a free movement to the ball either because Sterling's in that position.

It's a reasonable error to make on the basis of it being so tight that the linesman didn't spot it was offside. It's not a reasonable error to make on the basis of Sterling not "interfering with play".

Just now, Royston. said:

We'll we managed a goal, the lesser known okazaki scorcher.

The game has already ended better than I thought it would.

Mahrez's last game in a Leicester shirt?

Totally disinterested.

But surely if it is, you'd think he'd be putting himself in the shop window, no?

Perhaps he's staying after all.

**** all the bull about did Sterling unsight Kasper, did he touch the ball, e.t.c...

He was in an offside position, he attempted to go for the ball, surely that is enough of a reason to rule it out for offside, cut and dry, simple as that.

We can debate the validity of the first goal as long as we like but the larger picture is that we've been under the cosh for virtually the whole match and you don't get many points when that happens.  Man City have a midfield and forward line full of stars, even with a full strength squad we'd have problems coping with them.  So 2-1 down at half time isn't the worst score and gives us the opportunity to nick a point if Man City back off in the second half or if we have another inspired attacking move.

Guest ttfn
Just now, Redouane said:

What? He just created a great chance which led to a goal. More like Slimani fore Vardy

More like [insert literally any Algerian player for any non-Algerian player].

2 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Albrighton has had one hell of a second-half for us. His cross, while a little behind Shinji, was nice and not at all an outlier.

Are you from the future? Did Albrighton and Shinji do it again? What's the score?

5 minutes ago, Royston. said:

We'll we managed a goal, the lesser known okazaki scorcher.

The game has already ended better than I thought it would.

Mahrez's last game in a Leicester shirt?

Totally disinterested.

Exactly the kind of comment that makes me sad. He's tightly marked and the one at the start of the build up which brought the goal. People just don't watch the game.

1 minute ago, Redouane said:

What? He just created a great chance which led to a goal. More like Slimani fore Vardy

Behave!

I agree that Slimani should get on the pitch and I'd actually still sub Shinji despite his super strike.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Am I the only one who thinks if we'd started Amartey over King, we'd be even more goals down? Bet I'm not....

I think King doing well. They have been out numbering us and he's been left exposed by Riyad. 

Simpson not looking good did due to lack of cover.  Sane is a beast. 

Hopefully rocket up bum for Riyad at halftime. Or cuddle. Whichever makes him better. 

Archived