Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tetly

Next manager ( who do you want ).

43 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

David Wagner then? 

Been really busy this year and have watched hardly any of the championship, I think the only game I've watched is the 2nd playoff semi between reading and fulham haha.

Heard good things though.

Shakey was exactly what was required at the time. But the last few results have probably done for him.

Those that say we should have got something at arsenal for example. I felt we set up so negatively that we were never gonna win the game and went for a point and got none.

Spurs was a nightmare and today similar to the man city game. Go behind and have to Fight as claudio used to say.

I think the owners will look elsewhere now.

3 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

Been really busy this year and have watched hardly any of the championship, I think the only game I've watched is the 2nd playoff semi between reading and fulham haha.

Heard good things though.

Yeah, his philosophy is between klopps and Eddie howes. His teams dominate possession but out of possesion press high and try and win it back as soon as possible. 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Any of those three I would be happy with.

We've not maintained the heights of the earliest days of Shakespeare but I can't put it all on him either. We lost players to injury and didn't have the depth to ever really compensate. Our defence in the last three games was makeshift. That isn't Shakespeare's fault.

I think this about spot on. 

I'm a big advocate for consistency. Is it broke? I'm not convinced - so don't fix it.

Can't think of many managers that would fit our style of play to be honest. Apart from Roger Schmidt, who would continue with our style of play & might be able to evolve us at the same time. Between him and Shakespeare for me.

Problem is, if we do bring in a new manager that wants to play a different style, it's going to take more than one transfer window to make that change. We'd be relegated if we got a manager in that wanted to play with possession imo.

Agree with the above.

Radical overhaul of play style will be a disaster. It needs slow change over several seasons to do that and I fear for us if we try radical change given how our squad is so created to a particular style of play.

2 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

I think the best fit for our players and style would be Wagner- high energy, pressing, counterattacking. Guessing he'd stay with Huddersfield if they come up though.

FFS, I thought you said Wenger for a minute!

1 hour ago, Riot Van said:

Personally I want a manager with a different style of play and players in the summer that have the ability to do so.

I think we need a fairly big overhaul of the starting 11 and would like to see a slick passing team, similar to Bournemouth to be fair, but with better players.

I don't want Shakespeare next year.

But to do that over a single summer would be a disaster. Think of what Sousa attempted and how it quickly fell to bits. 

A change of style takes time and rapidly changing personnel is not good either. 

I get the calls to change style but it would take time and a lot of good long term planning from the recruitment team.

Shakes all the way. Last three games were practically meaningless thanks to his hard work. Tough to get these lads motivated when nothing to play for. Just look at rest of the mid table teams these last few games. All run out of juice

I think we need to look at a stat someone has mentioned earlier.

2 wins in 10 games is not really something that is positive for Shakespeare.

What do supporters of appointing him manager think to this statistic?

I think anyone other than Shakespeare would be a huge (unnecessary) gamble. I'm surprised to see that so many don't feel like we could improve under him with new additions and a solid pre-season, we were absolutely horrible under Claudio and now, bar Spurs, we've at the very least been in every game since he took over. 

9 minutes ago, baronfox said:

I think we need to look at a stat someone has mentioned earlier.

2 wins in 10 games is not really something that is positive for Shakespeare.

What do supporters of appointing him manager think to this statistic?

Place that stat in context. It includes the Champions League. Over that ten game spell, we have lost to Arsenal, Spurs, Man City and Atleti. Plus Everton on the eve of the clubs biggest ever game. We drew to an inform Palace and then two wins. 

We could have Conte as manager, and still 9 times out of 10 we'd have lost those games. 

My opinion is that Shakespeare has never had to assemble a team together to be competitive. Ranieri was the genius who put together the formula which won us the title.

We cannot underestimate how crucial Ranieris work was with coming up with the regular starting XI and the tactics which complemented 

im not sure it's something Shakespeare can create . Other managers in Europe are more appealing

Still Shakey for me, we've really got ourselves in a position where we either continue with Shakey and the coaches - or start completly fresh and i'm not convinced this is a gamble we can afford to take.

Yeah really the risk isn't worth it - and anyone who thinks its a bigger risk to keep Shakey have a look at yourself, there are a lot of "bigger" name managers we could bring in who could just get us wrong and then we end up in another relegation battle having spent a fortune (like we nearly did this year with Claudio) and it's backwards progress.

Shakey is a top coach, he has been for many years, he comes across well, he's obviously very switched on and I've seen him grow in the role of being a manager the second half of this season, results have been decent, tactics have not been 100% applied at the correct times perhaps - but i'm liking the systems he's (re)introducing and working on.

But like everyone else I kinda got this sneaky feeling it might be the end, I don't know why it's just a vibe. In which case there are very few managers i think could maintain/improve us. One would be Marco Silva (whos unlikely as i think he'll end up at Saints) and the other would be NP - and that's not going to happen lol We wouldn't be able to get Nagelsmann i don't think so meh.

20 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Experience no more than Shakespeare in the top flight. Managed a third division and second division club so far.

But the difference between Wagner and Shakespeare is that Wagner has created something new and exciting at Huddersfield.

What is it that Shakespeare has done that Claudio hasn't already?

7 minutes ago, baronfox said:

But the difference between Wagner and Shakespeare is that Wagner has created something new and exciting at Huddersfield.

What is it that Shakespeare has done that Claudio hasn't already?

Something which is new and exciting in a lower division at a lower pace than anything the Premier League would be like. If he got them up and started playing that style in the PL or Bundesliga, I'd be backing him as there's a proven record there. It would be a gamble. Someone like Howe or Schmidt would be a lesser gamble given their managerial careers. They know top flight football. 

Shakespeare has won football games in the PL simple as. Has the trust of the players and they fight for him when required. Ran out of steam playing tons of games in a short period with a biggish injury list. There's no gamble, there's continuity and someone who knows the formula of how we work....therefore better informed decisions in the transfer market. Seven years I think at the club.

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Something which is new and exciting in a lower division at a lower pace than anything the Premier League would be like. If he got them up and started playing that style in the PL or Bundesliga, I'd be backing him as there's a proven record there. It would be a gamble. Someone like Howe or Schmidt would be a lesser gamble given their managerial careers. They know top flight football. 

Shakespeare has won football games in the PL simple as. Has the trust of the players and they fight for him when required. Ran out of steam playing tons of games in a short period with a biggish injury list. There's no gamble, there's continuity and someone who knows the formula of how we work....therefore better informed decisions in the transfer market.

You've missed my point...it is true that he has won games in the premier league but the manner in which he won the games was all due to the work and tactics of Ranieri!

if players are to leave and new players brought in then is it really a job Shakespeare can do to find new systems for new players ?

his success is a result of Ranieris previous work at the club.

Just now, baronfox said:

You've missed my point...it is true that he has won games in the premier league but the manner in which he won the games was all due to the work and tactics of Ranieri!

if players are to leave and new players brought in then is it really a job Shakespeare can do to find new systems for new players ?

his success is a result of Ranieris previuos work

You are having a laugh here. 

Ranieri had nothing to do with our Champions style. He admitted himself he barely changed the style we had done. 

Ranieri set about changing that this season and we turned to utter rubbish. He put the leash on the likes of Vardy. We return to this style against Liverpool and absolutely rip into them. Just like Sevilla where we were high tempo and in their faces. 

Shakespeare has already said he's sat in on recruitment meetings and mentioned attitude being a huge part of a player working well here. A bit of dig at the signings of Slimani and Musa who appear not to get along with the rest of the squad at all. 

Archived