Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tetly

Next manager ( who do you want ).

I think the best fit for our players and style would be Wagner- high energy, pressing, counterattacking. Guessing he'd stay with Huddersfield if they come up though.

I'm in two minds with Shakespeare- started brilliantly and has the respect of the players, but we seem to have drifted a bit recently, and the performance against Spurs was the pits.

Not sure what the owners will do, they've got a huge call to make- they've been spot on with pretty much everything for 5 years now though, so I'll respect whatever decision they make.

11 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Two wins out of the last 10 don't look good for Shakey.

the difference is the performances have been much better though.

I think people are forgetting just how bad we were under Ranieri. We barely had any close games we were just getting turgid performance after turgid performance and losing comfortably every week - the performances were nothing like those against Bournemouth, Man City, Atletico x2, Arsenal or Palace where we easily could've got something on another day, they were performances where we were being comfortably outplayed by the likes of Swansea and Burnley.

14 minutes ago, thursday_next said:

Shakespeare for me, unless you can suggest any manager that would quite confident of winning a game without Drinkwater, Morgan and Huth (and King too against Spurs) and who wasn't bullshitting. The strength of the squad is not his fault.

why who did he beat with them 3 missing??

For the sake of a week I'd wait until the championship play-off final and go all out for Wagner is udders don't come up. From the klopp school and I reckon the likes of Vardy and Albrighton in particular would suit that style to the ground.

Injuries took their toll for the last few. The old spine wasn't there, and most teams would struggle with a second string defence and centre mid.

I'd give Shakey a go. To get someone else is more of a risk for me. And who would we get? Really? People are living in cloud cuckoo land with some of the names mentioned on here.

My old man raised a good point... has shakespeare got the name and character to attract big players.. when the likes of mancini, for instance probably have... 

Personally i am not that convinced about shakespeare. Id love him to be our manager if he possessed the skills required for us to push on but i'm not sure he has shown enough.

9 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Should bring Nice back and go full circle - sell off the good players keep the crap and drop back into the Championship Sunderland style - whattastory.......

nicey.png.fdae0851d85928308ab43544ea9a64dc.png

43 minutes ago, josh_baskin said:

Looking externally from the club I'd say Giovanni van Bronckhorst is about the best potential candidate we could attract.

sounds like a counterfeit brand of neckties you'd find in a market stall. 

I wasn't sure about Wagner but having watched Huddersfield over the two play off semis, that guy knows what he's doing. They played some lovely stuff. He'd get my vote.

I know listening to his voice would be like sandpaper on your ear drum after every game but Sean Dyche? Would do a good job IMHO. 

9 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I wasn't sure about Wagner but having watched Huddersfield over the two play off semis, that guy knows what he's doing. They played some lovely stuff. He'd get my vote.

I know listening to his voice would be like sandpaper on your ear drum after every game but Sean Dyche? Would do a good job IMHO. 

Considering the players he's got they play some amazing football

Japp Stamm - because he's worked under the best ever Premiership Manager

David Wagner - because he's nuts and the players appear to love him as do the fans

Silva - Because with better players I think he really would have a go

Howe would be great but he's got a project going, and would he really come to a team that finished below Bournemouth

Then you're in to names that go in to Champions League regular

Before thursday and today's first half I would have said give Shakespeare a go but I'm after moving the team and club forward

A visionary, I want a Koeman or someone of that ilk who wants more and more and more and more.

5 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Considering the players he's got they play some amazing football

I hope Reading go up so we can have Wagner. For a tiny budget not only does he get a small club like Huddersfield in the top 6 but he does it playing amazing football. Very impressive.

Archived