Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tetly

Next manager ( who do you want ).

Personally I want a manager with a different style of play and players in the summer that have the ability to do so.

I think we need a fairly big overhaul of the starting 11 and would like to see a slick passing team, similar to Bournemouth to be fair, but with better players.

I don't want Shakespeare next year.

To be honest, these past two games have completely changed my mindset of the managerial situation and has got me worried for next season. Against Spurs, we were woeful, which I thought was just a blip and Spurs are a good team so I wrote that game off, however, after today's performance, especially the first half, I'm beginning to become concerned for next season. New managers sometimes can have honeymoon periods where everything falls into place and the team goes on a good run, but then eventually the team tails of and the manager's true colours are shown. Although I love Shakey, 2 wins in 10 isn't good enough and with the start we had under Shakey, it suggests it was a honeymoon period, a fluke almost. Next year is a real opportunity for us to push on to some level of European football once again and maybe we might have to get someone new in, especially with the likelihood of change with incomings and outgoings of players in the summer. 

59 minutes ago, Koke said:

Here are some possible names.

David Wagner 

Roger Schmidt 

Eddie Howe

Wanted to add Marcelino but he's gone to Valencia.

Any of those three I would be happy with.

We've not maintained the heights of the earliest days of Shakespeare but I can't put it all on him either. We lost players to injury and didn't have the depth to ever really compensate. Our defence in the last three games was makeshift. That isn't Shakespeare's fault.

Shakespeare no question. His brief was to prevent our slide into relegation and he achieved that with something to spare. He's earned and deserves his chance to take us further and, if justice is done and he gets that chance, I wish him every success.   

Guest CityFan 06

I think Shakespeare. 

Other than him, I'd be looking at Schmidt, Monk and Wagner. 

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Eddie Howe.

Lets play some fast, attacking, fluid, football.

They ran rings around us first half. Their passing and movement were superb. They tailed off second half. 

Only worry I have with Howe is many of his signings have been flops. He's still heavily relying on the players who got him out of the Championship. Very similar to us in that regard.  Good manager thouhh.

Think I'd want Shakespeare despite the last couple of games, think he can build on what we have in the squad. That said if the owners decide he isn't the one for them I have full trust in them, probably wish for Eddie Howe but unlikely

Just now, Koke said:

They ran rings around us first half. Their passing and movement were superb. They tailed off second half. 

Only worry I have with Howe is many of his signings have been flops. He's still heavily relying on the players who got him out of the Championship. Very similar to us in that regard.  Good manager thouhh.

They did. Just said that in the post match thread. They deserved to be about 3 up before we scored. 

Movement from their midfield - especially Frazer and Pugh - absolutely superb. Better than any of ours.

24 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

Personally I want a manager with a different style of play and players in the summer that have the ability to do so.

I think we need a fairly big overhaul of the starting 11 and would like to see a slick passing team, similar to Bournemouth to be fair, but with better players.

I don't want Shakespeare next year.

David Wagner then? 

Roberto Mancini would be superb choice if the owners could pull off his signing, got to think tho that after the last few displays and the article released by Vichai I sorry to say Shaky wont get the job, they'll try to pop him back sideward as the next managers assistant but after his stint as manager I honestly think we may lose this great guy to some other team as his ambition to manage has been well and truly fueld by his stint as the foxes boss?? 

We havent got a clue really whats in the owners thoughts so basically its going to have to be wait and see, but what we as fans of our great club hope is that they sort this out in the next few days  rather than drag their feet into the break so we can have someone in well before we really get into closed season for recruitment and retention matters!

Let Shakey bring in extra backroom staff, clear out the deadwood and in with the new. I know it's been a dissapointing end to the season but still staggering contrast to the shambles under Claudio this year. 

Give the man some time and resources

Archived