Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tetly

Next manager ( who do you want ).

11 minutes ago, baronfox said:

You've missed my point...it is true that he has won games in the premier league but the manner in which he won the games was all due to the work and tactics of Ranieri!

if players are to leave and new players brought in then is it really a job Shakespeare can do to find new systems for new players ?

his success is a result of Ranieris previous work at the club.

What? Listening to Mark Schwarzer earlier today on 5Live and he said that Ranieri left all the team shape and tactical training to Shakespeare and Stowell and was just a man manager.

Shakespeare has been here for years and had a huge role in the tactical  layout and defensive discipline of the side.

And Nigel Pearson and Steve Walsh built this squad, not Ranieri.

The only thing you could argue Shakespeare might not have up to Ranieri is his man management skill or his ability to make substitutions etc. but I wouldn't argue that personally./

I think we're all hugely grateful to Craig for keeping us up, and logic and reason would suggest that he has earned the right to be our manager for 2017/18.

I'm not sure what the owners will do but I really hope they don't leave Craig sweating on his future any longer than the next few days. Indeed, I would be concerned if they told him the job wasn't his but that they hadn't already lined up his replacement.

Ideally we should know the identity of our 2017/18 manager some time this week - or by the end of May at the very latest - because we have some major recruiting to do this summer and time is precious.

16 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You are having a laugh here. 

Ranieri had nothing to do with our Champions style. He admitted himself he barely changed the style we had done. 

Ranieri set about changing that this season and we turned to utter rubbish. He put the leash on the likes of Vardy. We return to this style against Liverpool and absolutely rip into them. Just like Sevilla where we were high tempo and in their faces. 

Shakespeare has already said he's sat in on recruitment meetings and mentioned attitude being a huge part of a player working well here. A bit of dig at the signings of Slimani and Musa who appear not to get along with the rest of the squad at all. 

'Ranieri had nothing to do with our champions style'

seriously??? Do you mean this?

simpson at right back...ranieri

drinkwater in starting 11....ranieri

vardy up front...ranieri (Pearson played him wide a lot)

mahrez out wide ....ranieri

okazaki relentless running...ranieri

albrighton in starting 11...ranieri

Do you still think ranieri had nothing to do with champions style ??

5 minutes ago, baronfox said:

'Ranieri had nothing to do with our champions style'

seriously??? Do you mean this?

simpson at right back...ranieri

drinkwater in starting 11....ranieri

vardy up front...ranieri (Pearson played him wide a lot)

mahrez out wide ....ranieri

okazaki relentless running...ranieri

albrighton in starting 11...ranieri

Do you still thank ranieri had nothing to do with champions style ??

Yep see Sampson's post and Kevin Phillips article on Sky. 

Simpson was a result of Ranieri replacing De Laet. Mahrez, Vardy, Albrighton were all permanent fixtures under Pearson at the end of his time. Okazaki played exact the same role as Nugent and was signed at a time when Pearson was manager (identified alongside Walsh as a player they wanted to the previous three transfer windows). Ranieri made minor tweaks. Drinkwater's role I'll give him due but even that was partly assisted by James injury and Cambiasso leaving. 

The style comes from those before Ranieri. Without a shadow of doubt. The formation changed and tactical tweaks were made. 

However as soon ranieri started to alter that pressing and high tempo style we faulted. 

10 minutes ago, 49er said:

Martin O'Neill anyone?

He said, after being asked during the period after Ranieri got sacked, that it wasn't the right time for him as he was solely focusing on Ireland.

Might still be the case.

Next season I want:

Someone who'll support and give chances to our young stars.

Someone who'll work to integrate our marginalised players into the squad rather than just splashing the cash again.

Someone who'll sign us some good players that are right for our tactics.

Someone who's shit hot at making our tactics better and more effective.

Someone who's fully sold on counter attacking football.

Someone who will motivate and get the most out of the players.

Someone who gets the right staff around him and delegates tasks and seeks and takes good advice.

Someone who has great judgement.

I'm not sure if this is Shakespeare yet. But I sincerely hope it will be. 

To get the above we'll be taking a risk with anyone. It's a massively tough call for the owners.

47 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Next season I want:

Someone who'll support and give chances to our young stars.

Someone who'll work to integrate our marginalised players into the squad rather than just splashing the cash again.

Someone who'll sign us some good players that are right for our tactics.

Someone who's shit hot at making our tactics better and more effective.

Someone who's fully sold on counter attacking football.

Someone who will motivate and get the most out of the players.

Someone who gets the right staff around him and delegates tasks and seeks and takes good advice.

Someone who has great judgement.

I'm not sure if this is Shakespeare yet. But I sincerely hope it will be. 

To get the above we'll be taking a risk with anyone. It's a massively tough call for the owners.

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

image.jpeg

Thank you for forcing me to use Google reverse image search!

He looks quality to be fair. I particularly liked the team bonding thing that Wikipedia talks about.

If Shakespeare prefers to be coach again, or if the owners aren't sure, he's probably my favourite.

Come on Reading, do us a favour.

A lot of people seem to forget one simple thing:
- if the first of ManCity goals was denied (as it should have been)
- and the Vardy's second goal against Bournemouth was allowed (as it should have been)
...we would had +3 points = 47 points = clear 8th place.

Two errors of referees in last 3 games cost us 3 points and 4 places.
What I mean is the team wasn't as bad as some tend to think.

15 minutes ago, RussianFox said:

A lot of people seem to forget one simple thing:
- if the first of ManCity goals was denied (as it should have been)
- and the Vardy's second goal against Bournemouth was allowed (as it should have been)
...we would had +3 points = 47 points = clear 8th place.

Two errors of referees in last 3 games cost us 3 points and 4 places.
What I mean is the team wasn't as bad as some tend to think.

True. But those mistakes will always happen. Teams that succeed succeed because they push beyond the need to rely on a 100% competent ref.

Got to be Shaky. Robbed of a point at Man. City and robbed of two more today. Should be 8th. Yes we need to do a lot of work on the squad, but how far we've come from the performance away at Swansea when we were going down. No brainer.

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

True. But those mistakes will always happen. Teams that succeed succeed because they push beyond the need to rely on a 100% competent ref.

Yes, of course you are right.

What I mean is just how different our reaction possibly could have been with everything the same but these two errors.

8th sounds great after the season we had, 12th is just "ok".

6 hours ago, smr said:

My old man raised a good point... has shakespeare got the name and character to attract big players.. when the likes of mancini, for instance probably have... 

Personally i am not that convinced about shakespeare. Id love him to be our manager if he possessed the skills required for us to push on but i'm not sure he has shown enough.

I think when he took charge in the early spring that Shakespeare simply went back to basics after Ranieri had clearly lost the plot, along with the dressing room - then controversially his job of course. 

Despite ending in a whimper, Shakey's productive reign at least staved off relegation and although it was no magic formula, it got the players back to knowing what each was doing again and playing dynamically again to their strengths by er, scoring goals and winning games! I'm not sure what Ranieri had been doing with the players for the previous few months for it all to have gone so horribly wrong and so quickly - hangover vibes from last season, very poor summer recruitment (minus Steve Walsh), all sorts quite possibly. Clearly something needed to be done and at least Shakey went about it the right way with immediate effect. The performances at least showed shades of the previous season and showed that we had been badly managed for the first half of the season after all. I think the benefit of the doubt may have to go to Shakey this summer too with regard to what happens next. After all the final two games had been played minus our key defenders lest we forget but I'm not sure what the owners' agenda is so all you can say is watch this space........! 

4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Schmidt or Silva if Shakespeare doesn't get the job. Mainly hoping for Schmidt because he looks like a baddie off Time Crisis or another 90s arcade game.

Roger+Schmidt+b5HaBNnZpWhm.jpg

With Rudkin we'd be all set for the villains of the Premier League.

Roger+Schmidt+b5HaBNnZpWhm.jpg

TC7xnSn.jpg

2JUxTWK.png

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

What? Listening to Mark Schwarzer earlier today on 5Live and he said that Ranieri left all the team shape and tactical training to Shakespeare and Stowell and was just a man manager.

Shakespeare has been here for years and had a huge role in the tactical  layout and defensive discipline of the side.

And Nigel Pearson and Steve Walsh built this squad, not Ranieri.

The only thing you could argue Shakespeare might not have up to Ranieri is his man management skill or his ability to make substitutions etc. but I wouldn't argue that personally./

Not what I heard from people that know Ranieri and his personality.  The games I saw were quite different from the Pearson years.

I know we have been threadbare in terms of numbers and we probably relaxed a bit once safe, but the Spurs game and first half yesterday would have been enough for me to say that Shakespeare's honeymoon was over and he was showing signs of being out of his depth. I still have doubts, but the second half yesterday he clearly remotivated the team and we looked very good. If his time as caretaker has been an audition, overall you would have to say there is far more positive than negative and we cannot really complain if he gets the gig. It will have been good learning for him although it may be difficult starting from a level playing field in August - there is probably less pressure picking up a poorly performing team in mid-season when you could not really be blamed for failure. I think this is why so many caretakers and new managers fail to do well in the second season. He would be one of the favourites for the sack before the season starts (but so was Claudio!). 

At this point, I would not not be surprised (or disappointed) either way - stick or twist. 

Maybe I'm being a bit disingenuous but why all the calls for Marco Silva? He took over Hull when they were bottom and finished 3rd bottom, 6 points from safety. IMHO he did an okay job at Hull but nothing more, not enough to suggest he'd be a good choice for LCFC. Just my opinion.

Archived