Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Kelechi Iheanacho

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

Can't see any alternative if Iheanacho's been "promised" the striker's support role as one report claimed.

Is this the new way forward - people being promised their own position? 

Maybe what they meant is that Shakey has told him he sees him as a no.10 and not a striker, which is perfectly sensible.

23 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

He reminds me of a young Gary Lineker

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

...with smaller ears. 

It's uncanny. They could almost be twins..

Image result for iheanacho

Image result for young gary lineker

2 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Okazaki will be on the bench. Can see him being a good impact sub.

He's at his best in the first 60 of a game, he couldn't close down a game we were winning and wouldn't score/assist if we were losing.

I've no scepticism about the player at all. Quite the contrary - I'm as excited as everyone else. It's just that what I read came across as his being promised the role I mentioned and I wondered a) if it was true and b) about the wisdom of it. .   

I quite like the idea that players want to sign for a team that have a good enough squad that there's no round pegs mistakenly placed.

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

Was about to say that. His work rate would be vital at the closing stages of games. 

I've never criticised his workrate. But the closing stages of a game aren't the time to be losing the ball needlessly.  

Best to have all eleven standing when it's getting hectic.

Ummmm, I'm not sure about that. Kingy's been excellent in retaining the ball simply and keeping everyone calm.  Shinji's got the close control of a lampost and is more hectic than calming.    

I don't get this. Shinji falls over constantly but his first touch is usually unbelievably good

2 hours ago, Thracian said:

Can't see any alternative if Iheanacho's been "promised" the striker's support role as one report claimed.

Is this the new way forward - people being promised their own position? 

I highly doubt that, that's the case. 

Apart from anything, If we've got to the point where he has sat down with Shakey and been "Promised" anything then a bid must have been accepted and we've sat down and spoke with him which I doubt is the case. 

9 hours ago, Thracian said:

Ummmm, I'm not sure about that. Kingy's been excellent in retaining the ball simply and keeping everyone calm.  Shinji's got the close control of a lampost and is more hectic than calming.    

but we win more games with him playing

6 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Starting matches. not coming on to help close them out, which is what the debate has been about.    

In his position, if we are clinging on to a 1 goal lead, putting the back line under pressure could be a good thing, unless we are already be massivly out played, then i would agree he would be the wrong choice if we needed to get control of the game. 

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Okazaki may as well move if Iheanacho joins imo. He wont play much. If we need a goal he's the last player I would bring on and if we're defending a lead we could just bring Mendy or James on. 

I agree. Appreciate the work he does but could do with better quality 

Archived