Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mullet

Shakespeare in talks to extend contract

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I need you to explain this one.

Dont know who that is

hmm well to be honest, if you dont know.. i perhaps should not explain... are you 18+ :)

A chap down the pub, joined in with a few of us talking about the Manager situation, he  had a glance through this thread and he said " It's a load of bollox being spouted by people who know feck all"  End of bar man is my new go to ITK source :)

13 minutes ago, maddog said:

Haha which one, Klopp or Wagner :P

Both 

Klopp is a german Brendan Rodgers 

except rodgers managed to finish 2nd in the league 

don't get how Liverpool fans can be happy with not winning anything , we have more silverware than them in last 10 years 

13 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

A chap down the pub, joined in with a few of us talking about the Manager situation, he  had a glance through this thread and he said " It's a load of bollox being spouted by people who know feck all"  End of bar man is my new go to ITK source :)

My ITK was a a former senior executive of the club ....     Mind you he still could be talking bolox like you said ....   :)

So ...   Big European name ?? ...    Simeone ?? ....   :whistle:      Nah ..

6 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

My ITK was a a former senior executive of the club ....     Mind you he still could be talking bolox like you said ....   :)

So ...   Big European name ?? ...    Simeone ?? ....   :whistle:      Nah ..

Hey countryfox my post was just a piss take generalisation, not aimed at yours mate :) I love the bollox spouted on here its entertainment. 

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

Both 

Klopp is a german Brendan Rodgers 

except rodgers managed to finish 2nd in the league 

don't get how Liverpool fans can be happy with not winning anything , we have more silverware than them in last 10 years 

One could say Rodgers failed to win the league with a firing Daniel Sturridge and an absolutely lethal Suarez. They should have won the league, finishing second with Suarez in that form is a failure in my view.

We will never know for sure but if Klopp was managing Liverpool that season with SAS they would have won the league in my view.

4 hours ago, maddog said:

One could say Rodgers failed to win the league with a firing Daniel Sturridge and an absolutely lethal Suarez. They should have won the league, finishing second with Suarez in that form is a failure in my view.

We will never know for sure but if Klopp was managing Liverpool that season with SAS they would have won the league in my view.

Another closet "Liverpool are my 2nd team" Leicester lad 

there are so so many of them 

I don't get it with klopp or closet Liverpool fans living in LE post codes lol 

18 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Another closet "Liverpool are my 2nd team" Leicester lad 

there are so so many of them 

I don't get it with klopp or closet Liverpool fans living in LE post codes lol 

Haha I don't live in Leicester anymore for starters and my affiliation with Liverpool comes from a best mate at university being a massive Liverpool fan so I used to watch a lot of their games in the bar. 

They are not my 2nd team I don't have one :P

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

Some fvcking talks these are. You could have walked to Monaco and still had talks by now.  

What he said........

....or maybe the owners have given Shakey some Grand prix tickets instead of a new contract

Watford get things sorted.  Marco Silva in post.  We should just announce now, let Shakey get on with the summer.  It is going to be a big summer for us, prospective players will want to know a manager is in place.

In other news, Mourinho and Pardew spotted at Monaco Grand Prix... 

The injustice of not giving Shakespeare the job will far outweigh the perceived mistake, in some people's eyes,  of sacking Ranieri. And they'll get little sympathy from many people if they get it wrong because the risks are so unnecessary. Does Shakespeare lack ambition? Is there any evidence for thinking that?   

5 minutes ago, Thracian said:

The injustice of not giving Shakespeare the job will far outweigh the perceived mistake, in some people's eyes,  of sacking Ranieri. And they'll get little sympathy from many people if they get it wrong because the risks are so unnecessary. Does Shakespeare lack ambition? Is there any evidence for thinking that?   

I find it very hard to criticise the owners ...    They have far too many browny points in the tank for that ...   But I think they look at this differently and may just be making a mistake.  Who knows who's right here ....   But give him a go ...    What have you really got to lose.

13 minutes ago, Thracian said:

The Claudio sacking should have nothing to do with this decision. It was 100% the correct decision. 

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I find it very hard to criticise the owners ...    They have far too many browny points in the tank for that ...   But I think they look at this differently and may just be making a mistake.  Who knows who's right here ....   But give him a go ...    What have you really got to lose.

I have great respect for our owners as businessmen and in relation to so many things they've done at Leicester but am not at all sure their football judgement is that sound. For instance our performance in the last two signing windows has been highly quesionable as was our pre-season preparation last July/August.

Even more broadly I'd question why we've still not strengthened some glaringly weak positions or why we've signed so many iffy foreigners who have hardly made a worthwhile appearance thus far.

Yes, we've signed some good ones too but we still need to make fewer mistakes. Even managerially I'd argue we were very late in waving goodbye to Ranieri. i  

5 minutes ago, Thracian said:

For instance our performance in the last two signing windows has been highly quesionable as was our pre-season preparation last July/August.

I agree.  On the first point I hope they have learnt from that mistake ...     Unfortunately on the second point it looks like they are making the same mistake ...    Far East kudos clouding their judgement. 

surely even businessmen are grown up enough to have the discussion along the lines of "look shakey, we value you at this club, we want you as manager, but if we don't think it's working out would you be happy to step back down to assistant manager, we wouldn't want to lose you as a coach?"

Archived