Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mullet

Shakespeare in talks to extend contract

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

What ever the reason for the delay 

it's a delay and it's a problem 

this club needs stability next year 

There is no delay. The deal is done and has been since weds/thursday

They are waiting till they are back in Leicester to release the news. As I said last week it will be announced tues/weds.

20 minutes ago, sylofox said:

There is no delay. The deal is done and has been since weds/thursday

They are waiting till they are back in Leicester to release the news. As I said last week it will be announced tues/weds.

I guess they are waiting till they are back in Leicester, so they can hold a press conference and do interviews for social media etc?

1 minute ago, foxes21 said:

I guess they are waiting till they are back in Leicester, so they can hold a press conference and do interviews for social media etc?

Hold it in Monaco with a yacht or racing car behind you. Or hold it at the KP with all the KP logos in every shot.

Don't need a lot of working out does it? lollol 

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Yes not paying £15m for Keane last season is a prime example, when I think we offered £12m and didn't follow it through.

Now it's £25m.

If it's been decided a player is the right one, in this 'market' £5m either way should not matter.

THIS 

considering they blew 50m on an musa and Silami 

1 minute ago, Mymanalan said:

Anyone else think the owners could be waiting to see if Huddersfield get promoted today to see if they could get Wagner?

No its a done deal....word will be out within the next 48 hours - Shakey on a 2 year deal!

Shakes has it - hopefully this means that we are full steam ahead with out targets.

We so need a decent window this season that shows some ambition and adds actual quality.

It's not even about restoring faith that we can sign big players and compete with the big boys because we've never done it before - it's about showing the fans that the personnel we have in high profile positions in the club are up to the bloody jobs they are being paid to carry out.

2 hours ago, foxes21 said:

They are going to merge the announcement together with the Ronaldo and Messi signings - just sorting out the Morrisons loyalty cards

2 hours ago, Mymanalan said:

Anyone else think the owners could be waiting to see if Huddersfield get promoted today to see if they could get Wagner?

lollol Ever tried reading a thread before posting lollol 

26 minutes ago, Matt said:

Nige back as assistant! :worship::fc:lol

One of my concerns with Shakespeare getting the job, is actually that he seemed to turn to Pearsons "we have to stay in the game" premier league tactics, towards the end of the season, certainly away from home.

The tactic that saw us not get hammered by anyone, but also saw us bottom of the league for three quarters of the season!

The negative way in which we played at Arsenal, at a time when they were actually going through a dodgy patch, was very disappointing, and flagged up a few warning signs for me.

I like Shakespeare, he seems a decent and honest bloke, and hopefully it works out, and we are a success under him, but i would be lying if i said i wasn`t concerned about his appointment.

We won only 2 of our last 10 games, that is a worry for me.

He was also probably a little fortunate to take over at a time when we had five of the next six games at home too, not to mention that all the stick the players had been getting in the media at that time was always going to fire them up.

The players didn`t need motivating by Shakespeare at that point, the media had done it for him.

On Talk Sport on Saturday, it got a brief mention, and it was suggested that Shakespeare would probably get the job, but would also likely be the first premier manager to be sacked next season, something i have a horrible feeling is going to be the case.

Hopefully though, i am wrong, and he becomes an all time great manager for us, and no one will be happier than me if that is the case.

8 hours ago, bald reynard said:

Look how quickly Watford got their act into gear.  Mazzarri resigns on the Sunday, Silva is appointed 5 days later.  Watford can start doing business now !

I'm glad you used Watford as your example - they are everything I want Leicester City to be, their whole approach to football is market leading.

This might be sarcasm...

I think that if he wasn't going to get the job then the owners would have made the decision after the final game of the season. What would be the point of stringing it out for a couple of weeks or so?

Perhaps the scenario both sides are considering is Shakespeare remaining as an Assistant to a 'bigger name'. Unlikely he would accept this, so it seems he has it dans le sac

On 27/05/2017 at 00:48, maddog said:

On 27/05/2017 at 07:31, GaelicFox said:

I Can't stand the guy , bit if a clown to be honest 

Changed my mind ... he is a bit of a german but what he has achieved is startling 

didn't over celebrate ... 

driven man 

destined for a much much bigger platform than Huddersfield 

1 minute ago, GaelicFox said:

Changed my mind ... he is a bit of a german but what he has achieved is startling 

didn't over celebrate ... 

driven man 

destined for a much much bigger platform than Huddersfield 

Much prefer him to Klopp, as a person and manager.

I was quite pro Klopp before we got Ranieri but hadn't realised what an idiot he was.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

I was quite pro Klopp before we got Ranieri but hadn't realised what an idiot he was.

Why is Klopp an idiot?

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Dancing with the natives in Australia was mad ... I actually thought it was a joke 

ya Wagner much more serious 

did you see on sky the huddersfield chairman asking Wagner permission to go on the coach after the celebrations lol 

now thats control over the club !  

Archived