Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mullet

Shakespeare in talks to extend contract

51 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I've find some of the criticism Shakey has had recently to be really bizarre. It's not really his fault that we don't really have any strength in depth. 

Correct it is not his fault at all.

My fear is that Shakespeare isn't tactically astute enough, or aware of multiple styles of play. 

He's spent most of his career assisting Nigel Pearson playing a defensively sound but rather dull and rigid brand of football, except the win or bust great escape period when 3 at the back was introduced. 

I just don't believe Shakespeare as 1st team manager is going to work next season. I'd prefer Shakey as assistant to the likes of Eddie How's, Marco Silva, Paul Clement etc

If/when he gets the job I hope he proves me wrong. 

20 minutes ago, maddog said:

My fear is that Shakespeare isn't tactically astute enough, or aware of multiple styles of play. 

He's spent most of his career assisting Nigel Pearson playing a defensively sound but rather dull and rigid brand of football, except the win or bust great escape period when 3 at the back was introduced. 

I just don't believe Shakespeare as 1st team manager is going to work next season. I'd prefer Shakey as assistant to the likes of Eddie How's, Marco Silva, Paul Clement etc

Did you think that the football we played when we won the Championship with over 100 points was "dull and rigid"?

Probably been said before but I've only just noticed this thread and be muffed if I'm reading the lot

Main problem in keeping Shakey on as Gaffer would be if it goes tits up next season he'll be sacked and we'll have a baying mob online and out there that probably wont want to keep him on in any capacity. Theres no doubt hes a great no.2 and his roots run deep into the squad, the ideal for me would be to get an established head on our beast that can integrate and adapt with what has done us good over the last few years.

Maybe I'm just scared of change though, the Thai's and Susan have made the best decisions possible after letting Sven go. Crucial its done right this summer though

20 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Did you think that the football we played when we won the Championship with over 100 points was "dull and rigid"?

No absolutely not and that was about the only big point that I knew would go against my thinking there, that was a cracking season.

Shakey has been here for 9 years and in that time we burned up the Championship in that one season and we had the miracle of the Premier League title.

But we weren't playing dynamic, progressive football for most of Shakey's employment with LCFC. 

I honestly think we need a complete fresh start, 4/5 players need to leave and the same to come in. And we need new tactics and new thinking from a new manager. 

1 hour ago, maddog said:

Think you're being a tad harsh. We played some great stuff in the Championship under Pearson and while a lot of what happened in 2014/15 was poor, you couldn't have expected us to go all out attack as a newly promoted side. By hook or by crook we did get there in the end as well.

I think with better players he'll be more positive. This is a side that's played a hell of a lot of football this season with very little rotation, something we failed to give ourselves the option of last summer.

I was disappointed with his set up a couple of times but like I say, I think a lot of it boils down to lack of depth. He's made a few hints that he's unhappy at that and that's a positive to me, understands our shortcomings and wants them sorted as soon as he can.

Consider as well he's been an interim. You're again quite limited on what you can impose when you don't have a proper backroom behind you. I'd imagine some staff will be coming in should he get it.

He isn't flawless but I think he's got enough going for him to be worth going with. Fully accept it could go wrong but there is no manager out there who that doesn't apply with. It's about getting the right fit for me and he is that.

22 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I've find some of the criticism Shakey has had recently to be really bizarre. It's not really his fault that we don't really have any strength in depth. 

Really bizarre indeed - unless you take account of the people whose dearest wish is to disappoint the players for not considering suicide when they found out Ranieri was going, and having the nerve to play better instead of wearing sackcloth and ashes. There's probably a graph you could draw up whereby the biggest supporters of Claudio are the most vocal proponents of a new manager - any new manager, it doesn't matter who, as long as it thoroughly p1sses off the players. Quite why they should want to do this escapes me, unless they wish to expunge any remaining Pearson influence from the club, and stop those annoying threads about him by brute force and the threat of imprisonment.

'Shakespeare lacks experience'. 'He's not the man to take the club forward'. 'He's too matey with the players'. 'He won't be able to attract players like Islam Slimani, Ahmed Musa, Wilfred Ndidi and Daniel Amartey'. 'Tactically he's useless - unless you count the times when he's been right, in the majority of games - but I'm not doing that in case it doesn't support my case'. There's no depth to the nonsense that these people will sink to. Some of them are morons, you'd expect that. But I think the majority of them know exactly what they're doing, and why.

5 hours ago, thursday_next said:

Really bizarre indeed - unless you take account of the people whose dearest wish is to disappoint the players for not considering suicide when they found out Ranieri was going, and having the nerve to play better instead of wearing sackcloth and ashes. There's probably a graph you could draw up whereby the biggest supporters of Claudio are the most vocal proponents of a new manager - any new manager, it doesn't matter who, as long as it thoroughly p1sses off the players. Quite why they should want to do this escapes me, unless they wish to expunge any remaining Pearson influence from the club, and stop those annoying threads about him by brute force and the threat of imprisonment.

'Shakespeare lacks experience'. 'He's not the man to take the club forward'. 'He's too matey with the players'. 'He won't be able to attract players like Islam Slimani, Ahmed Musa, Wilfred Ndidi and Daniel Amartey'. 'Tactically he's useless - unless you count the times when he's been right, in the majority of games - but I'm not doing that in case it doesn't support my case'. There's no depth to the nonsense that these people will sink to. Some of them are morons, you'd expect that. But I think the majority of them know exactly what they're doing, and why.

Conspiracy !   I just knew it .

He's the closest thing to the messiah (Pearson) we're going to get. So gerrrrimin! 

We need to get back to building the machine that Pearson created. At the moment it's starting to look tired and needs a bit of new oil to get up and running again. It's like when a little old lady sells her well oiled and serviced car to a reckless boy racer, he gets a good service out of it but burns it out within the year, then in the second year he starts tampering to make it 'better' but it turns out his 'mechanic' mate actually know jack shite about cars and has taken important parts out. 

Shakey is the one! He has been chosen.... now he must ensure the force stays strong within the players and he needs to recruit a few more jedis to complete the masters (Pearson) dynasty.     

Woah that's deep man!

15 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

It was not.

The mystery is why did they change that after the Man U 5-3 victory?

And then only revert to an attacking plan when we were about to be relegated.

Oh yeah....because they lost the plot and Cambi had to sort it out.

Bring it on Pearonites ?

26 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

It was not.

Bring it on Pearonites ?

Myth. Fact. 

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

It was not.

Bring it on Pearonites ?

Oh dear, that's how I saw it as well. Firing squad or crucifixion? 

Pub talk says it ain't happening 

Clive who apparently has an aunty that knits the goal nets at the KP tells me Shaky has been told 12 months rolling contract on £1m for the year 

Simon who's neighbours cousins best friend supplies the club with toilet cleaner fluid says that Shaky wants £1.5m with a minimum 2 years 

Claire behind the bar just dropped the bombshell that her nephew who puts up forsale boards said Alan Pardew was seen around whetstone looking at properties with duck ponds   

These pub rumours are enough to get a man registered on twitter lol 

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

James Nursey Daily Mirror Reporter used to be reliable re LCFC said that Shakey is yet to learn whether he has definitely got the job permanently for next season.

Bad sign this 

If Shakespeare didn't get the job and he left for somewhere else, it'll feel like strong successful foundations of the past few seasons have been dismantled somewhat and the team wondering whether any new manager changes the approach the team management - that Shakespeare was firmly part of - adopted.

If he gets it, great and probably the correct decision; but if a new manager comes in, let's hope it's a highly-regarded one who respects how the team has played and continue to use the team's values that made them very successful during Ranieri's first season in particular.

3 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Pub talk says it ain't happening 

Clive who apparently has an aunty that knits the goal nets at the KP tells me Shaky has been told 12 months rolling contract on £1m for the year 

Simon who's neighbours cousins best friend supplies the club with toilet cleaner fluid says that Shaky wants £1.5m with a minimum 2 years 

Claire behind the bar just dropped the bombshell that her nephew who puts up forsale boards said Alan Pardew was seen around whetstone looking at properties with duck ponds   

These pub rumours are enough to get a man registered on twitter lol 

Hot off the press ...   pub talk with an ITK ...    they want to keep Shakey as an assistant manager and are after a 'european' manager ...    trying very hard to get him but no luck so far.

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Hot off the press ...   pub talk with an ITK ...    they want to keep Shakey as an assistant manager and are after a 'european' manager ...    trying very hard to get him but no luck so far.

interesting  , It appears Shaky isn't interested in an assistant role 

2 years £3m and happy days 

anything less and the big continental name can have the job ! 

Archived