Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mullet

Shakespeare in talks to extend contract

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/23/sam-allardyce-quits-crystal-palace-manager/

Sam Allardyce has stunned Crystal Palace by quitting as manager. A statement is expected later on Tuesday confirming that the 62-year-old is leaving the Premier League club just five months after taking over and having saved them from relegation.

It is understood, in fact, that Allardyce is not intending to continue in management having told friends that he wants to leave ‘on a high’. He will not formally retire but is not expected to look for another management job.

6 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/23/sam-allardyce-quits-crystal-palace-manager/

Sam Allardyce has stunned Crystal Palace by quitting as manager. A statement is expected later on Tuesday confirming that the 62-year-old is leaving the Premier League club just five months after taking over and having saved them from relegation.

It is understood, in fact, that Allardyce is not intending to continue in management having told friends that he wants to leave ‘on a high’. He will not formally retire but is not expected to look for another management job.

Unless some chairman comes a knockin.....

I wanted Big Sam in, and Ranieri out before Sam went to Palace.

Funny though as my posts were always deleted.

It appeared I could not say anything negative against Ranieri and was shot down by the moderators.

Sam will keep you up that's for sure and is a vastly experienced manager. You don't get the England gig for no reason.

I see it as a period of change for Leicester and you need a strong man in charge.

Big Sam and Shakey is the best of both worlds. Perfect 

No chance the owners give it Big Sam and tell Shakey to sit back down in his assistants chair, that would be a huge slap in the face after what he's done for us. 

Big Sam knows how to make a team fairly resolute, but he's left every club he's kept up and has barely managed anyone beyond lower-mid table mediocrity. Not having a dig at the bloke because he clearly knows how to organise a team, but it would be a negative appointment in my eyes.

Shakey knows the team, has been here for years and is new to being manager. He handles himself well, has spoken about his ambition to get us european football again and has been dealing with a squad not of his own. The last two games haven't reflected all that well but I read his comments after the Spurs game and there was something different about them. 

I'm not convinced the bloke will take us forward but fvck me he has definitely earned it and I support his appointment.

27 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Before saying teams are in bad form and saying I check facts I'd suggest you actually look at their form rather than believing someone else. Palace, Everton and Bournemouth were all in  good form actually. Arsenal had already shown they were coming out of their bad form as well  before playing us.

"Poor results are poor results" absolute tosh, results are relative to who you play if someone is going to use it as a reason to not hire a manager.. If you play Athletico Madrid and a load of top teams any points are a bonus. 

I don't need to listen to anyone else, like everyone else I see other results at the werkends, those mentioned had very erratic form at best, dress it up how you like, spurs naive and awful, Bournemouth awful for best part, arsenal were shown to much respect, and should have took advantage, instead of no offence threat, palace was bad at times, yes we got done on the goal, but we brought it in ourselves, again sat to deep, no ball retention, the hot potato syndrome again.

I will say this again, I am not using it to say don't give Shakespeare, but after a cracking start, there was a lot of poor results and performances thrown in, which is why I am not convinced he will move us on, stay mid table, have no doubt, but doesn't take away, some games felt like they did early season.

Again give him a year, and hopefully this time next year, we will be feeling a lot more positive moving forward.

The season has been awful and great at the same time, take away the great experience of Europe, for the best part the season was poor, yes it's probably where we should be, but they set the standard, and took the benifits from it.

We actually finished where I thought we would, but it was hardwork, and a lot of painful games along the way.

Big Sam would be an excellent appointment if we could get it across the line and would help us progress. He's great at getting player's to work hard for the cause, utilises analytics superbly, and isn't afraid to sprinkle a bit of flair into the mix. Where he'd really push us on though is getting the player's competing for the second ball which is something which despite our high pressing game isn't particularly an area where we excel. I think hed be a really good fit for us. Whether he'd be prepared to jump straight back in immediately after leaving Palace I'm not so sure.

Would hope that this is resolved one way or the other fairly swiftly. I trust our owners have been sounding out potential candidates in the background in case they chose not to proceed with Shakey. I hope it's not and ongoing saga which eats into what is a major summer transfer window for us. 

7 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

Big Sam would be an excellent appointment if we could get it across the line and would help us progress. He's great at getting player's to work hard for the cause, utilises analytics superbly, and isn't afraid to sprinkle a bit of flair into the mix. Where he'd really push us on though is getting the player's competing for the second ball which is something which despite our high pressing game isn't particularly an area where we excel. I think hed be a really good fit for us. Whether he'd be prepared to jump straight back in immediately after leaving Palace I'm not so sure.

Maybe it was about funds? Or keeping Zaha? It seems very erratic and quick at the moment 

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Not sure whats up with you these days, you seem a bit miserable with your posts. Cheer up fella :)

True. 

I think this season has done this too me!

8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Would hope that this is resolved one way or the other fairly swiftly. I trust our owners have been sounding out potential candidates in the background in case they chose not to proceed with Shakey. I hope it's not and ongoing saga which eats into what is a major summer transfer window for us. 

They acted quick after the Sousa and 2nd Pearson exit so I would say they wouldn't be the type to draw it out.

Might mean any departures could be happening soon aswell.

1 hour ago, maddog said:

This reply is genius I'm still laughing out loud :D

I have not considered it but perhaps I could become a pioneer of demotivational speaking.

David Moyes already has it covered unfortunately.

As the relegation battle king Big Sam might be typecast a bit now or have his own little niche.

Get a bit of easy dosh for 3 to 4 months and move on. Would he be willing to go in for the long haul with us?

Think the time at Bolton was his peak in any case.

Maybe Allardyce is tired of constantly being in the spotlight of relegation battles, and wants to wind down his career with a lower pressure job by becoming a member of Shakey's coaching staff lol Wouldn't mind that

12 hours ago, Babylon said:

What do you consider taking us forward?

Personally I think it's fairly clear we're attempting the saints model now of the manager fitting in with us, not us fitting everything around them. From what we've heard about recruitment, we're already some way down the line in terms of signings. So it doesn't look like that's going to change no matter who is in charge.

If the squad building decisions are being taken away from the manager, then I'm more worried about having untried people in charge of that than I am about whoever we call manager.

Shakey has shown he can so a good job with this group of players under the sort of circumstances he's not going to face all the time (champions league extra games and losing so many to injury). I have no worries about next season on what I've seen, but the squad building side of it needs to be in good hands, with long term planning in place to replace an aging squad.

It would be nice to have the press actually question what the setup is down there now and how things work.

That's really what I'm referring to too ..... The squad building is my key concern and where I'd like to see a well connected experienced manager come in. The coaching side of things i have faith in CS, but also fear that the novelty / new manager bounce has happened and things may slide. Who knows? All conjecture, but i agree it would be nice to have some knowledge coming from the club regarding the direction.

Archived