Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mullet

Shakespeare in talks to extend contract

16 minutes ago, shade said:

surely even businessmen are grown up enough to have the discussion along the lines of "look shakey, we value you at this club, we want you as manager, but if we don't think it's working out would you be happy to step back down to assistant manager, we wouldn't want to lose you as a coach?"

But what happens when the manager dosent want/need him? 

He definitely deserves a chance, I just hope the club has a plan to help him reshape our squad. He is very well respected he just needs the right support from the club. I think staff recruitment could be as important as player recruitment. 

We we must be light in the coaching department after all the departures when the old manager was sacked. I would like to think we have our recruitment staff in place and targets identified. 

If we manage to get the right players in I am confident we can have a good season next year. We also need to keep most of our current squad.

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Source!!

He's almost certain to get it from what I've heard from someone relatively high up at the club.

No other manager was approached for the role, only Roy Hodgson and his agent approached the club of his interest a few months ago.

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Surely the delay is eating into our timetable to recruit new players. The owners appear to be in no hurry to make a decision but the potential to pick up your number one target is imo being lost, due to complacency.

No rumours that we have even made any bids yet. So no rush but I agree it needs sorting asap.

Some peeps I think are worrying over nothing in our seeming lack of transfer activity.

The way I look at the way we recruit is this.

The club needs to bring in a player to create adequate competition or to fulfill a certain requirement.

Players are identified and their clubs or agents:ph34r: are approached.

If they are interested, negotiations take place over a period of time and if everyone comes to an agreement, numerous medicals:giggle: take place before an announcement is made as the player signs a contract or agreement.

So if we are truly in for certain players and are serious then their agent is not going to let their client  agree to anything until all their options have been looked at.

It is of course silly season for transfer rumours as  agents, the media, clairvoyants  and the piss head down the local pub have all heard stuff that's happening.

Sometimes I get the impression that peeps think that men in dark cloaks wait outside the training grounds waiting to chloroform:o players and then torture them into signing agreements like some sort of Spanish inquisition :unsure:.

12 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Some peeps I think are worrying over nothing in our seeming lack of transfer activity.

The way I look at the way we recruit is this.

The club needs to bring in a player to create adequate competition or to fulfill a certain requirement.

Players are identified and their clubs or agents:ph34r: are approached.

If they are interested, negotiations take place over a period of time and if everyone comes to an agreement, numerous medicals:giggle: take place before an announcement is made as the player signs a contract or agreement.

So if we are truly in for certain players and are serious then their agent is not going to let their client  agree to anything until all their options have been looked at.

It is of course silly season for transfer rumours as  agents, the media, clairvoyants  and the piss head down the local pub have all heard stuff that's happening.

Sometimes I get the impression that peeps think that men in dark cloaks wait outside the training grounds waiting to chloroform:o players and then torture them into signing agreements like some sort of Spanish inquisition :unsure:.

We should have been in contract with players as soon as we reached 40 points. Things should already be in motion& the fact we don't even have a manager yet is why people may be annoyed and players may not want to join us. 

15 hours ago, brucey said:

we need Shakey far more than Shakey needs us

It would serve our owners right if Shaky quit and left them to ponder their attitudes. And life with the "big names" they so seem to worship. It seems to be a Far Eastern trait, this attitude that "famous is foremost".

A have a wonderful Chinese friend who spent hundreds of pounds on a Burberry handbag. But on finding it had the smallest imperfection took it back to the store in Bicester that she bought it from.

She might have kept it for herself but as it was a gift for a close friend so it just wouldn't do and had to be returned. Some bargain!        

9 minutes ago, Moksky said:

Even without the confirmation of a permanent manager the club makes moves/enquiries in the transfer market

I don't doubt that but surely most players would want to know who the manager that they will be playing for is before signing?

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Source!!

Good luck to the guy  - he's not just got our owners to please, but and a whole lot of ungrateful Leicester fans who clearly can't wait to hammer the bloke on any pretext whatsoever.    

I just hope he's got satisfactory compensation sorted out for when he's sacked. Cos as poisoned challices go, this must be up among the best of them.

First thing Shaky needs to do is change his name and place of birth to something like Muller/Bavaria and learn to speak in broken English, just to give himself a chance.    

Could be worse though. I doubt if his appointment would be allowed at all if Corbyn were prime minister. Englishmen in positions of power? Could the bloke even sleep at night let alone answer a straight question?. 

40 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

We should have been in contract with players as soon as we reached 40 points. Things should already be in motion& the fact we don't even have a manager yet is why people may be annoyed and players may not want to join us. 

Being fair I think the transfer activity has been ongoing and with Shakespeare's input. But the uncertainty won't have helped.  

33 minutes ago, Thracian said:

It would serve our owners right if Shaky quit and left them to ponder their attitudes. And life with the "big names" they so seem to worship. It seems to be a Far Eastern trait, this attitude that "famous is foremost".

While I agree about the Far Eastern bias towards big names, I think our owners are far more savvy than you give them credit for. I'm sure they can clearly see that Shakey is the best choice going forward and will act accordingly.

Our owners have always made great decisions.. bringing Nigel back was an inspired move, bringing in Ranieri was too, as was letting him go. 

They learnt quickly with Sven  and if they are putting their trust in Shakey then I will too.. if there is anyone knows what is needed to improve this group of players  then it would be Shakey...

for the most part, deals are done after a two week break... players come back from holiday  and then make their decisions...

the meeting to identify which targets we want was had a few weeks ago.

20 minutes ago, brucey said:

While I agree about the Far Eastern bias towards big names, I think our owners are far more savvy than you give them credit for. I'm sure they can clearly see that Shakey is the best choice going forward and will act accordingly.

Comments on here seem to indicate that and I hope you're right.   

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

Our owners have always made great decisions.. bringing Nigel back was an inspired move, bringing in Ranieri was too, as was letting him go. 

They learnt quickly with Sven  and if they are putting their trust in Shakey then I will too.. if there is anyone knows what is needed to improve this group of players  then it would be Shakey...

for the most part, deals are done after a two week break... players come back from holiday  and then make their decisions...

the meeting to identify which targets we want was had a few weeks ago.

I've never been more impressed with the leadership of our club but disagree that they've always made great decisions...and I suspect they would too...which is a good sign and perhaps covered by your comment about learning quickly.

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

Good luck to the guy  - he's not just got our owners to please, but and a whole lot of ungrateful Leicester fans who clearly can't wait to hammer the bloke on any pretext whatsoever.    

I just hope he's got satisfactory compensation sorted out for when he's sacked. Cos as poisoned challices go, this must be up among the best of them.

First thing Shaky needs to do is change his name and place of birth to something like Muller/Bavaria and learn to speak in broken English, just to give himself a chance.    

Could be worse though. I doubt if his appointment would be allowed at all if Corbyn were prime minister. Englishmen in positions of power? Could the bloke even sleep at night let alone answer a straight question?. 

Having doubts about someone is not the same as wanting them to fail. we're all Leicester fans, whoever is appointed we want them to succeed.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Having doubts about someone is not the same as wanting them to fail. we're all Leicester fans, whoever is appointed we want them to succeed.

Time will tell. I've nothing against constructively justified criticism but some of the contrived negativity about Shakespeare's management in recent weeks suggests there are some who can hardly wait for the bloke to fail. 

Archived