Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mullet

Shakespeare in talks to extend contract

3 hours ago, norwichfox said:

The results of the last 10 games were pretty poor on the whole only 20% wins and 20% draws  will get you relegated over a season, OK there was a fixture congestion issue that will not arise this season but you have to be able to play when the games are deemed to be played.

Bournemouth home - Draw
Spurs home - Loss
Man City away - loss
Watford home - win
West Brom away - win
Arsenal away - loss
Atletico Madrid - draw
Palace away - loss
Atletic Madrid Away - loss
Everton Away - loss

:

Drew with palace and  won 6 before  that , not bad in my book .

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

They had about 3 clear cut chances first half. We could get nowhere near their fast, attacking football. Movement was superior to ours.

Apart from the goal and Schmeichel's magnificent save from a long ranger I don't recall any clear cut chances.

They did have one where someone put the ball straight across the goal line but there wasn't any Bournemouth player around to tap It in.

Not sure whats up with you these days, you seem a bit miserable with your posts. Cheer up fella :)

It seems like a lot of people were happier when their negativity and cynicism was justified by our place in the relegation zone. For too long we've been good: making the great escape, winning the league, winning our champions league group, defeating Sevilla in the knockout round, and finishing in midtable. For awhile their negativity and cynicism was unfounded. They couldn't feel the smug satisfaction of being right when we failed. 

Now that we've lost to Atletico and got absolutely battered by Tottenham, they can finally be happy again. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Well yeah it's pretty poor it you want to totally ignore who we actually had to play. Athletico Madrid x 2, Arsenal away, Man City away, Spurs at home. That's 5 games out of your 10 that quite frankly nobody should be EXPECTING much from.  The other 5 we drew against an in form Palace side away, beat Watford and West Brom, drew against Bournemouth and lost against Everton playing a weakened team. But for a missed penno and a wrongly ruled out goal we could also have another D and a W from a difficult run of games.

You're essentially holding him accountable for the fact we had to play a lot of decent teams in a row whilst dealing with games others didn't have an an injury crisis. But yeah that form will get us relegated when we have to play Madrid and Spurs every week next season. :rolleyes:

Results are results, and the likes of Everton, Bournemouth, palace, all poor sides in relatively poor form, arsenal after playing 120 minutes on the Sunday, we play them a couple of days later, sit behind the ball for 90 minutes, and let them dictate the pace of the game, and at a time when they were on a poor run, crowd hate the manager and on the players backs.

Get of your high horse, and see the facts as they are, there was some poor results, and performances in there.

That said, have I slated Shakespeare's term in charge, no, I said there was poor results, and performances, and wouldn't have an issue with him getting a full season at it.

If he does get it, he would need to learn quick, as it's a big step up, and he has been a bit naive at times.

I still stick by it, don't think he can take us that next step, and I don't think he would take us down, so what the owners do next doesn't bother me either way, as long as if they do replace him, it's got to be a good fit, and not just because he is the only one available, then I'd rather stick with Shakespeare.

1 hour ago, Nickfosse said:

Haha, I love that any Leicester manager who does well in his early games is now automatically mentioned alongside Peter Taylor. I recall similar being said when we were top of the league in the Autumn under Ranieri. 

Tbf he did start going down the season after just like he did but Ranieri kept us top longer lol

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Taking place in Monaco - better than Leicester I guess (maybe they can bring mbappe back with them !)

The french are worse at hyping up players than us Algerians. They're already calling him the next Thiery Henry lol 

ALSO, his mom is Algerian, just thought I'd mention that :P 

Shakespeare was hired as assistant to Allardyce with England.

Shakespeare in talks this week about future.

Allardyce quits Palace.

Next? Allardyce here with Shakespeare as assistant...

:ph34r: 

Just now, StanSP said:

Shakespeare was hired as assistant to Allardyce with England.

Shakespeare in talks this week about future.

Allardyce quits Palace.

Next? Allardyce here with Shakespeare as assistant...

:ph34r: 

If that's the reason for his departure...

Funny-gif-man-jump-out-the-window.gif

All we know is Shakey is with the owners...i doubt journalists know the specifics of the discussions...i.e. They've assumed its to extend his contract as manager.

Shakespeare has sounded less confident of being manager recently.

Would not surprise me at all if Big Sam with CS is being lined up.

5 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Does anyone think Shaky was considered for the job when Pearson was sacked. If not what's changed.

I don't know if he was considered or not, I doubt it.

I doubt he'd have took it anyway;

“It would have felt awkward replacing him, if it had been straight after [the sacking]. But with the time frame and everything considered, I’m sure it didn’t feel awkward on both our parts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/08/craig-shakespeare-nigel-pearson-has-told-go-full-time-leicester/

8 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Have you ever considered motivational speaking?

This reply is genius I'm still laughing out loud :D

I have not considered it but perhaps I could become a pioneer of demotivational speaking.

1 hour ago, Monsell1976 said:

Results are results, and the likes of Everton, Bournemouth, palace, all poor sides in relatively poor form, arsenal after playing 120 minutes on the Sunday, we play them a couple of days later, sit behind the ball for 90 minutes, and let them dictate the pace of the game, and at a time when they were on a poor run, crowd hate the manager and on the players backs.

Get of your high horse, and see the facts as they are, there was some poor results, and performances in there.

That said, have I slated Shakespeare's term in charge, no, I said there was poor results, and performances, and wouldn't have an issue with him getting a full season at it.

If he does get it, he would need to learn quick, as it's a big step up, and he has been a bit naive at times.

I still stick by it, don't think he can take us that next step, and I don't think he would take us down, so what the owners do next doesn't bother me either way, as long as if they do replace him, it's got to be a good fit, and not just because he is the only one available, then I'd rather stick with Shakespeare.

Before saying teams are in bad form and saying I check facts I'd suggest you actually look at their form rather than believing someone else. Palace, Everton and Bournemouth were all in  good form actually. Arsenal had already shown they were coming out of their bad form as well  before playing us.

"Poor results are poor results" absolute tosh, results are relative to who you play if someone is going to use it as a reason to not hire a manager.. If you play Athletico Madrid and a load of top teams any points are a bonus. 

Just now, maddog said:

This reply is genius I'm still laughing out loud :D

I have not considered it but perhaps I could become a pioneer of demotivational speaking.

@Kitchandro has that market all sewn up, he's a regular speaker at pro-euthanasia conferences.

Archived