Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mullet

Shakespeare in talks to extend contract

4 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

I wanted Big Sam in, and Ranieri out before Sam went to Palace.

Funny though as my posts were always deleted.

It appeared I could not say anything negative against Ranieri and was shot down by the moderators.

Sam will keep you up that's for sure and is a vastly experienced manager. You don't get the England gig for no reason.

I see it as a period of change for Leicester and you need a strong man in charge.

Big Sam and Shakey is the best of both worlds. Perfect 

You're either on a wind up or you hate football.

No football loving person would ever respect Allardyce's 'achievements'. He sucks all the beauty out of the game and tells clubs they should be happy with 14th and a few dollars more.

Ranieri on the other hand taught football fans to dream. That's why last season was the greatest thing to happen to football.

You are the sort of person that didn't deserve to see us win the title. You disgust me.

Oh and you do get the England gig for no reason. After all, Gareth Southgate has got it now. If you can argue that he got that on merit then, well, to say I'd be impressed is an understatement.

3 hours ago, ian_marshall said:

Big Sam would be an excellent appointment if we could get it across the line and would help us progress. He's great at getting player's to work hard for the cause, utilises analytics superbly, and isn't afraid to sprinkle a bit of flair into the mix. Where he'd really push us on though is getting the player's competing for the second ball which is something which despite our high pressing game isn't particularly an area where we excel. I think hed be a really good fit for us. Whether he'd be prepared to jump straight back in immediately after leaving Palace I'm not so sure.

You've just totally made this bit up. I've never seen any flair in an Allardyce team. Ever. Nor excitement. Nor ambition.

He's a manager for shit, desperate teams who are willing to throw all principles and self respect out of the window in a bid to stay up. It works, but you'll be sick of it within 12 months.

It's incredible people can be this stupid. After what we achieved last season how can anybody be happy to settle with depressing football and mediocrity? Surely every Leicester fan, every football fan even, has been shown that your Allardyce types are losers.

They tell you you're shit and can't do any better - to know your place. Then they can make out they're achieving when finishing lower midtable.

Frauds, basically.

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Did anyone notice how many players had suitcases with them on Saturday? Percy's report indicates that the players have gone to the south of France aswell and that shakey jetted out this evening. I wonder if some of them went on Saturday evening? 

After the Bournemouth game, the entire squad + Shakey + owners took a bus to London and stayed there overnight for an end of season meal and karaoke session until 1am. It was all over Ndidi's snapchat lol

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

After the Bournemouth game, the entire squad + Shakey + owners took a bus to London and stayed there overnight for an end of season meal and karaoke session until 1am. It was all over Ndidi's snapchat lol

Yep. And today they've been at Polo with the owners.

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Yep. And today they've been at Polo with the owners.

Fuchs has been at his academy in Leicester today though. Maybe only a small number of players took up the owners invitation to Polo (in France I assume).

52 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

You've just totally made this bit up. I've never seen any flair in an Allardyce team. Ever. Nor excitement. Nor ambition.

He's a manager for shit, desperate teams who are willing to throw all principles and self respect out of the window in a bid to stay up. It works, but you'll be sick of it within 12 months.

It's incredible people can be this stupid. After what we achieved last season how can anybody be happy to settle with depressing football and mediocrity? Surely every Leicester fan, every football fan even, has been shown that your Allardyce types are losers.

They tell you you're shit and can't do any better - to know your place. Then they can make out they're achieving when finishing lower midtable.

Frauds, basically.

Jay jay okocha

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

Frauds, basically.

Wow... you clearly never watched Bolton in their prime under Big Sam. Pretty much guaranteed top half finishers whilst banging on the door of Europe and achieved a 6th place finish for Bolton...yes - Bolton!!! So I'd dispute that he's a manager that only manages lower placed teams as that's not true when given time to evolve a team.

As for your comments about flair, you can't have been watching football for very long if you can't recall any of his sides playing with flair. As Jon The Hat has mentioned above he signed Jay Jay Okocha who was probably one of the most flamboyant player's to have graced the Premier League. Add Youri Djorkaeff, Ivan Campo, and Nicholas Anelka into the mix and I'm struggling to.take your comments seriously. 

Yes, he's managed unfashionable sides, but let's not get carried away by our achievements last season and suddenly pretend we're regarded as a top 6 side (as much as i want us to be) because we're not. If we we're we wouldn't have lost Kante, nor would we be contemplating losing some of our best players this summer. Furthernore, instead of signing player's for the future last summer we'd have bought proven world class stars, but again our stature in the game despite winning the PL was still way behind many of the teams that finished below us.

Do I think Big Sam is the manager to win us the PL again? Probably not. Do I think he's a manager that would have us competing for a solid top half / EL spot? Most certainly.

Whilst he isn't the most attractive name in world football, if you listen to both players and coaches that have worked with him, all are very complementary about his work ethic and many comment on how much he's open to embracing new ideas in-order to be successful.

To be quite frank all of the above is irrelevant anyway as judging his statement to the media it looks highly likely that he'll be taking time out away from the game.

Do we really want a morally bankrupt greedy carpet bagger ?  This spiv ruined his big chance as England manager for a few dollars more, how short are people's memories ?  I hope our owners would not stoop so low or be so desperate to appoint Allardyce. It would be the end of true ambition at this club if they did.  

The thing that has just occurred to me is, if shakey does get the job, will the media heap extra pressure on because hes not a " name"? 

Ill guess that the manager betting will see him in the top 3 of first sacked. I

It almost makes the job a no win situation, still i guess thats the job ☺

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Do we really want a morally bankrupt greedy carpet bagger ?  This spiv ruined his big chance as England manager for a few dollars more, how short are people's memories ?  I hope our owners would not stoop so low or be so desperate to appoint Allardyce. It would be the end of true ambition at this club if they did.  

He doesn't want another job in management.  Pointless even talking about it 

18 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

You're either on a wind up or you hate football.

No football loving person would ever respect Allardyce's 'achievements'. He sucks all the beauty out of the game and tells clubs they should be happy with 14th and a few dollars more.

Ranieri on the other hand taught football fans to dream. That's why last season was the greatest thing to happen to football.

You are the sort of person that didn't deserve to see us win the title. You disgust me.

Oh and you do get the England gig for no reason. After all, Gareth Southgate has got it now. If you can argue that he got that on merit then, well, to say I'd be impressed is an understatement.

Ranieri was taking us down, Big Sam keeps teams up. 

Seems that Palace did well to get Big Sam, as it was the right decision for us to get rid of Ranieri. 

So basically two good decisions by two different chairman. 

You disgust me me that you are disgusted in me, you disgusting individual.

Yours Disgusted 

35 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

do you have any more photos of the squad in monaco? what players made the trip???

Just going off social media. Obviously Shakey's there. Benny and Chilwell are there. Probably King as well.

Was and Hamer were at the Polo with the owners a few days ago so presumably are also on the trip. 

ccmw3Lz.jpgGA8nw2k.jpg

19 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Did anyone notice how many players had suitcases with them on Saturday? Percy's report indicates that the players have gone to the south of France aswell and that shakey jetted out this evening. I wonder if some of them went on Saturday evening? 

Bloody Hell.. this is serious.... I wonder if they remembered their toothbrush? If not, is there anywhere nearby that sells them?

On 5/23/2017 at 13:22, Detroit Blues said:

It's hilarious that people want to pick a certain criteria of games to judge CS on. The last 3 games, the last 10 games, etc. As if beating Liverpool 3-1 was just a given coming out of Ranieri's firing. All the games he won in a row that brought us out of the relegation zone and into mid table don't count, but the one's at the end of the season when he had to play Fuchs at CB do count. 

Why not just look at the full picture:

He went 7W - 2D - 4L (23 pts) in 13 league matches. If he averaged that in a season, we'd end up with 67 points and snatch a spot in the Europa League.

He went 1W - 1D - 1L in 3 champions league matches. 

He's the best coach if you want to keep the current squad together and play in the current system.

Why do we want to change the way we approach the game? Why do we want to get rid of plan A for a more possession / passing based game? How we play is our strength. It's why we won the league. It's why we went to the quarterfinal of the champions league. You'll never be able to compete with the top clubs of the premier league if you play the way they play, because you'll never be able to spend as much on players that fit the same system.

By playing our unique brand of football, you can avoid that. Spend less money on more obscure players that fit our system, and make them look like stars. Don't buy stars and try and fit them into our system, we already seen how that doesn't work. Haven't we learned anything from Ranieri's firing? Changing the system nearly got us relegated. But yeah, by all means, If you want to rebuild, move on most of the current first team, then by all means bring in a new manager. I just don't know why people are so quick to throw what we've built away to start anew.

This this this this this.

I do think we need a bit more imagination going forward, but who is to say that won't arrive following our summer recruitment?

I think too many of our fans under-estimate how awful last summer was. Slimani's about the only player who's come in at all handy and even he's been quite hit and miss, while costing a fortune.

I cannot hold Shakespeare accountable for the kind of sides he had to put out recently. 

Archived