Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mullet

Shakespeare in talks to extend contract

I do wonder if they are talking about retaining his services in some capacity rather than 'permanent manager'...

I have a sneaking suspicion our owners will have a 'Plan B' that will involve appointing Shakey as 'First Team/Head Coach' rather than 'Manager' and bringing in an experienced director of football (with management experience) to oversee stuff - which basically can be justified due to Shakey's lack of experience and means he can be demoted or fired if it all doesn't work out and the DOF can neatly slot into the club manager role on permanent or temporary basis.... The DOF may also help in transfer profile negotiations....

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I can't believe how much a few dead rubber games with an injury crisis can actually alter peoples opinions. What went on before that is far more important and he did a grand job.

1 more goal v Bournemouth would have bought us another £5,8 million, hardly "a dead rubber" scenario.

Excelente. Let's not let a couple of end of season games with an injury ravaged squad detract from the great job CS has done, it is short term thinking.

The right move by the club hands down to give him a chance.

Now get NP in as assistant ;)

Shakey deserves a shot at it.  He has done a solid job with skeletal coaching staff and key players missing.  His brief when he took the job was plain and simple - keep us up.  What we need now is a 2 - 3 year plan which will require a different approach.  It'll be interesting how CS wants to put his stamp on the club - not just the team.  He deserves a shot at it.  Good luck to him.

14 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I do wonder if they are talking about retaining his services in some capacity rather than 'permanent manager'...

I have a sneaking suspicion our owners will have a 'Plan B' that will involve appointing Shakey as 'First Team/Head Coach' rather than 'Manager' and bringing in an experienced director of football (with management experience) to oversee stuff - which basically can be justified due to Shakey's lack of experience and means he can be demoted or fired if it all doesn't work out and the DOF can neatly slot into the club manager role on permanent or temporary basis.... The DOF may also help in transfer profile negotiations....

We already have a 'Director of Football', Jon Rudkin. 

11 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

1 more goal v Bournemouth would have bought us another £5,8 million, hardly "a dead rubber" scenario.

And the players tried....to be stumped by a tight call on offside. The players will have had bonus pool payments riding on a higher finish. I suspect of all those involved, the owners probably the least fussed given the CL windfall. 

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I can't believe how much a few dead rubber games with an injury crisis can actually alter peoples opinions. What went on before that is far more important and he did a grand job.

Yet Marco Silva gets suggested as a replacement despite his last three games being a 0-2 loss to Sunderland, a 0-4 hammering and a 1-7 whacking. 

17 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

We scored one more goal... not really his fault the lino decided to flag for it or Slim missed a couple of sitters. We've struggled against Bournemouth in every game we've played them, even when we won the title. That second half was about the best we've played against them.

25 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We already have a 'Director of Football', Jon Rudkin. 

Sure but I do wonder if he may be found another title... you get the gist of what I'm suggesting...

they probably want to see how the summer recruitment and the start of next season goes i'd imagine before offering him the job on a more permanent basis, at the same time as looking at other candidates and determining how they would work out!

4 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

they probably want to see how the summer recruitment and the start of next season goes i'd imagine before offering him the job on a more permanent basis, at the same time as looking at other candidates and determining how they would work out!

I doubt the recruitment would go very well if people don't know which management team they are signing for.

We got lucky with Ranieri in that the club was in a pretty stable situation whereas now we are at a crossroads where it will be a battle to keep players as well as recruit the correct players.

Certainty, well as much as you can reasonably expect in football is what we need.

Rather it be a one year extension than 3 year contract. If things don't work out, it will hopefully mean he survives the year and goes back to assistant manager rather than being sacked and probably having to move on.

1 minute ago, ramaiya2 said:

My mate has just text me and said he has seen David Moyes getting off the train in Leicester,

I am hoping he is winding me up as he is an Arsenal Fan.

lol 

I'm hoping the club don't appoint Shakey as manager. If it was up to me I'd try and keep him onside and to make him feel highly appreciated by the club but we want him utilised in what I feel is his best role as head coach.

I just feel there will be complacency by the players with Shakey as manager and going forward it would be a lot better for the club to bring in a new manager and liven the place up again with maybe some new ideas and a different voice.

I think  shakey  will get  the  job with one year extension wich leave him with pressure and can get  sacked as was ranieri n the  half season if th results are poor

Hope he wil  do better with real recruitment 

Archived