Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

The Heat

6 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

It could be worse....

shutterstock_123450523.jpg

That was only 3 months ago and we took it for granted. I could murder a good blizzard right now, I'm actually feeling physically sick and absolutely knackered having had near enough no sleep since Wednesday. Can't get the house cool even with the windows and doors all open, the fan is just blowing warm air around the room, and if I was to blow £400 on a portable air conditioner it'll drop back down to 15c and I'll never need it again

On 01/07/2018 at 09:15, Rob1742 said:

I wasn’t built for heat. Anything above 22 degrees and I start to go off. I literally start to rot.

In Italy one year I got the worst crotch rot a human could ever get. All around my bollocks and arse.

Walked to the chemist like John Wayne, hoping for a cure.

I sent the missus in while I waited outside. I said “ tell them I have a sweat rash behind my knee”

They were looking at me standing just outside, and you could tell they were thinking “that ain’t behind his knee, his bollocks must be on fire”

Italy 1997,I remember it well, nice romantic holiday that was.

Cried laughing at this lol

as for the rest of you fannies, enjoy it while it lasts. Soon be freezing your tits off again 

4 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

That was only 3 months ago and we took it for granted. I could murder a good blizzard right now, I'm actually feeling physically sick and absolutely knackered having had near enough no sleep since Wednesday. Can't get the house cool even with the windows and doors all open, the fan is just blowing warm air around the room, and if I was to blow £400 on a portable air conditioner it'll drop back down to 15c and I'll never need it again

Get a portable AC. Life saver!

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Are the portable air cons any good? Been thinking about buying an ‘air cooler’

The one i used to have was good but its for limited space. So keeping it in your bedroom or hallway to bedroom might be good idea. Depends on if you want to spend the money on one though. The more you pay the less ball sweat usually. Measured in BSU (ball sweat units).

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/home-appliances/1406249/best-portable-air-conditioner

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Are the portable air cons any good? Been thinking about buying an ‘air cooler’

The "evaporative air coolers" aren't much good compared to the portable air-cons. Downside is that the portable ACs need to be vented out a window and are a bit fiddly to set up and quite noisy. Bloody worth it though. You can get decent ones for under £300.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

You'll end up needing it every summer though. Decent investment if it's affecting you that badly.

You can probably find cheaper second hand ones on Facebook marketplace or Gumtree etc.

Edited by brucey

40 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Playing football in this again tonight but nothing can be as bad as last week. Honestly just give us a day of rain or something ffs.

I had my first game back after a couple of months off last week. It was at 8 in the evening and I still thought I was going to die about 10 minutes in. I tend not to sweat all that much as a rule, but my shirt was absolutely facking dripping by the time we were done.

25 minutes ago, TeePee said:

I had my first game back after a couple of months off last week. It was at 8 in the evening and I still thought I was going to die about 10 minutes in. I tend not to sweat all that much as a rule, but my shirt was absolutely facking dripping by the time we were done.

Without being too grim my toe nails burn on my boots and I have three black ones.

It was a charity match and we ended up with only 11 players and I poured water over myself only to be bone dry 5 minutes later. Was on 3G and I have no doubt it was at least 40 degrees, so bad ?.

9 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Without being too grim my toe nails burn on my boots and I have three black ones.

It was a charity match and we ended up with only 11 players and I poured water over myself only to be bone dry 5 minutes later. Was on 3G and I have no doubt it was at least 40 degrees, so bad ?.

Christ.

Ours was indoors, I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse, tbh!

4 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Doesn't bother me in the day to be honest but Friday night tryna kip was ****ing atrocious

bloody this. days off work this is an absolute dream, spend 12 till darkness in boozer gardens but then it needs to **** right off when i want to go to bed. be arsed with another 4 hour night kip sweating out any fluid i’ve ever drank in me life. 

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

It’s a no win leave the window and wake up every hour by some weird noise, shut them and slowly braise. It’s tough at the min guys 

Use earplugs mate.

It's the only way...

On 26/05/2017 at 18:50, Izzy Muzzett said:

This bit!

A five hour round today in the beating sun stuck behind a society, seniors roll up and a women's comp - your worst nightmare.

Waiting on every tee, no rhythm, played shite.

Still, "a bad days golf is better than a good days work" as they say!!

Never heard that one before, normally it’s something that ruins a good walk in the country

57 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

bloody this. days off work this is an absolute dream, spend 12 till darkness in boozer gardens but then it needs to **** right off when i want to go to bed. be arsed with another 4 hour night kip sweating out any fluid i’ve ever drank in me life. 

your ****ing gaff is an absolute greenhouse in all