Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

The Heat

10 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Received a text message earlier from Severn Trent Water saying that demand for water in my area is extremely high, and recommends us to try and limit water usage as much as possible for two weeks.

Tell them to go and fvck themselves. 

I got a bill and a water ban warning in the same week. 

I’m going to try it on my customers...

”...That’s right, I’ll bill you for the service I provide, but obviously won’t provide the service...”

Twats

Edited by Milo
  • Haha 1

Most of the problems at the moment come from not keeping up with demand more than anything. But forecasters are anticipating this will largely last until the end of July and thoughts were turning to drought. Now it begs a question how Southern Europe and typical sunshine holiday destinations cope with months of heat, sun and little rain but we in this country, with the amount of rain we have, struggle with a couple of months of dry weather. Turns out, 1 in 4 litres extracted is wasted by leaking pipes alone, and 1 in 3 litres is estimated to be wasted by all factors.

That's criminal levels of wastage. I presume other places are much more careful with water or something else is going on that I don't understand. 

13 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Not sure what to do had one hour sleep last night just too hot with window open no duvet etc. How can you cool down at night? 

Knock one out

Then cool shower 

Then bed, no covers and fan on

Sweet dreams...

Guest seanfox778

Have a cold shower before bed, if you're too afraid of that then put a towel in cold water and place it over your legs, it'll wet the bed but it's better than urine in my opinion. Fill a hot water bottle with iced water perhaps. 

9 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

got out the shower, walked to the front room, need another shower 

I took my lad to football training this morning in east goscote village hall. To say I was sweating cobs is an understatement. Disgusting

On 02/07/2018 at 19:55, Wymeswold fox said:

Keep hearing some people say "this heatwave has gone on for too long, must be global warming" etc.

They may have a point though.

Global warming will make the UK cooler.

Edited by Nod.E