Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

1 minute ago, oohaahmustafa said:

Thanks for the memories.

Personal fave moment... sticking away Phillips saved peno at forest away. Absolute scenes. Was that his debut as well?

No, but it was his first goal. Not a bad way to open your account as a Leicester player!

I heard him being slaughtered in the crowd against Bournemouth for being greedy.

We play like we do now, without a Mahrez, we are relegation fodder. He gets us up the pitch and relieves pressure on an ever deep and aging back line.

going to cancel my season ticket and bung £50 on us being relegated.

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

No, not for me.

It was clear that Mahrez had more talent that Knocky in the Championship, I always saw him as the long term buy in case AK wasn't up to it.

I loved Knockaert, but his lack of pace means he'll struggle next season as well.

Fair point about his pace! I forgot he wasn't the quickest!

8 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

It's been a privileged to see him rise from the bottom to the top, to watch him twist and turn past the league's finest, to watch his goals demolish the opposition, to have developed a Balloon d'Or player and to see him lift the Premier League trophy.

giphy.gif

A true gent too. Goodbye to the quick brown fox!

Who jumped over the Lazy Manc!

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

The question is who is on the same level as Mahrez and wouldn't cost us £40m? To get someone of his ilk, that's the price tag these days. I daresay that the days of bargains like Mahrez for £400k, Vardy for £1m and Kante for £5m are behind us now. 

I imagine we'll be casting the scouting net into Europe. 

There are some talented players out there and I still have faith in our scouting set-up, Ndidi is proving a great signing, ok we paid £15m for him, but we are no longer champions and no longer in the Champions League, we can fly a bit under the radar and hopefully pick up another Mahrez, Kante or Vardy.

We also need to remember that 2 of those 3 took their time to settle and take their chance as did Benny, so lets have a little more faith in Amartey, Gray, Kapustka and, if they stay, Slimani, Musa and Mendy. Any of them could step up over pre-season and fight their way into the first team.

Rudkin will defo let him go for £20m-ish and we'll try to get a replacement in who's valued at £35m but Rudkin will play hard-ball and offer £29m, £30m, £31m + a year's free haircuts, £32m + haircuts + weekly shop.

We will eventually lose out to a club with a SERIOUS DOF who offers £35m. 

Rudkin is clearly ****ing clownshoes - watch us have an absolute mare of a transfer window, trust.

3 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Not surprised Riyad's asked to go. More gutted when Esteban left though. For me, he was the best Leicester City player we've ever had. Good luck though. He'll succeed wherever he moves too.

Get in the bin

In many ways i see him as being irreplaceable but the owners are going to have to move quickly to replace him.... They are all about morale - dressing room morale, staff morale and fan morale...

1 minute ago, ImBlue said:

I heard him being slaughtered in the crowd against Bournemouth for being greedy.

We play like we do now, without a Mahrez, we are relegation fodder. He gets us up the pitch and relieves pressure on an ever deep and aging back line.

a1549b8621e83854cda79881ca75a953627840db5ab3cf8c2bd2caa29bac5e7c.jpg

Just now, Blodge said:

Get in the bin

Why? We're all entitled to our views. Muzzy Izzet is my all time favourite Leicester player but I thought Esteban had that class about him and was consistent. Riyad is a phenomenal player, there is no denying that, but when he looks disinterested he really can be average at best.

can't imagine a player being as good as him being with us again. hugely thankful for his contribution to the club in the past 4 seasons. The goals, the skills, the trickery, the showboating. I'll always appreciate what he did for us and his huge contribution to our title win.

He's received a lot of hate this season, some of it unwarranted. But that old phrase comes to mind - you don't know what you have until it's gone! 

Just hope we receive a decent fee for him. At least £40m is something we could realistically command. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

9 minutes ago, Bilo said:

The question is who is on the same level as Mahrez and wouldn't cost us £40m? To get someone of his ilk, that's the price tag these days. I daresay that the days of bargains like Mahrez for £400k, Vardy for £1m and Kante for £5m are behind us now. 

I imagine we'll be casting the scouting net into Europe. 

Definitely easier to blood those kind of players into the team in the championship - i think neither would of survived being thrown straight into the prem....

5 minutes ago, ImBlue said:

Good riddance then because you are clearly a Mahrez fan and not a Leicester City fan....

Just now, Captain... said:

There are some talented players out there and I still have faith in our scouting set-up, Ndidi is proving a great signing, ok we paid £15m for him, but we are no longer champions and no longer in the Champions League, we can fly a bit under the radar and hopefully pick up another Mahrez, Kante or Vardy.

We also need to remember that 2 of those 3 took their time to settle and take their chance as did Benny, so lets have a little more faith in Amartey, Gray, Kapustka and, if they stay, Slimani, Musa and Mendy. Any of them could step up over pre-season and fight their way into the first team.

This is true as well. I think Sporting knew they could sting us for as much as possible for Slimani as we desperately needed more CL experience, something that won't apply this year.

It's worth remembering as well that Walsh left a lot of the scouting network behind, and Shakespeare has been here for 9 of the last 10 years. That's enough to tell me we can recruit well, despite having Rudkin in the negotiating chair. I actually think Amartey could become a good central defender long term, he was solid at the AFCON and is still only 22, and Gray and Kapustka are barely in their twenties. With a first place berth very much up for grabs with Mahrez leaving, they've every reason to shine in the fight for the place. Musa is one I'd get rid of though, he's quick but lacks the technical ability for this level. Slimani is a good impact substitute and an absolute demon in the air, while Mendy could be a very good player if fit.

I'm seriously worried we're getting ripped apart.

There is no faith in Rudkin/Macia to get good replacements in, yet alone get a decent deal for Mahrez.

We're slowly selling our best players and based on last summer we don't have the capacity to bring in good enough players.

#RudkinOut

11 minutes ago, ImBlue said:

Come off it FFS, he's been carried most of this season.

Archived