Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

thanks for memories but performances last season pretty much shown he wanted to leave, the bigger problem is who will replace him. lets face it rudkin has the negotiating skills of a whelk & can honestly see him bringing in the equivelent of junior lewis to replace him.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Well I wouldn't have known after how's he played, acted and had an attitude this season.

As I said towards the end of the season of course we want him to stay but he sorts his head out or he goes, As I said towards the end of the season the sooner he goes the better for him and the club.

My response to him asking to leave would be:

Yes Riyad you can go with my blessing, provided we get what we value you at, around the £40m mark, maybe £50m, but based on this season's form we'll accept £40m, I can't see anyone offering that though because of your form and attitude this season, if we don't get what we value you at then I'm afraid no, you cannot leave, if you have a problem with that maybe you should have bucked your ideas up, pulled your finger out and had a better attitude.

I must say he's one of the best players I've seen play for us, I'll be gutted to see him leave but this season has done him no favours for my opinion and memories of him.

lol

People on here act like he was completely abysmal.

He played a huge role in ensuring we made it out of the group stage and were able to enjoy the games against Sevilla and Madrid.

2 minutes ago, irishmenfox said:

As expected, my sources are telling me that he is going to Monaco for 30 million euros to replace to leaving Bernardo Silva. Not expected to sign any replacements for Mahrez, Shakespeare and members of the board have huge faith in Gray to be the creative spark within the side.

30 million euros! they can do one, he is under contract and we certainly shouldn't sell for anything less than £35-40 million 

He gave us the extra season. Absolute brilliant talent and the most creative player I've ever watched for us.

Hopefully it's a good price and abroad.  

All of those saying good riddance - I think the lad deserved a bit of patience for six months considering the other three years we had him he's been unreal. 

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

are you for real?! If Gray is to replace him we are fooked. We need to invest in a new winger now.

I agree, just that now Mahrez is leaving the position is up for grabs again. Albrighton will move back to the right and we will look for another left sided midfielder. 

Guest MattP

Gutted.

The most talented player I've ever seen in our shirt, magical at times, you watched him and it made the cost worth it, those turns where he made defenders go on their arse and he was 5 yards away. Brilliant. 

At times wandered past World class defenders.

Good luck mate, all the best.

2 minutes ago, irishmenfox said:

As expected, my sources are telling me that he is going to Monaco for 30 million euros to replace to leaving Bernardo Silva. Not expected to sign any replacements for Mahrez, Shakespeare and members of the board have huge faith in Gray to be the creative spark within the side.

What? with no bids from any other club. seems an odd way to deal with a contracted player.

4 minutes ago, irishmenfox said:

:nigel:

1 minute ago, gcxttle said:

I agree, just that now Mahrez is leaving the position is up for grabs again. Albrighton will move back to the right and we will look for another left sided midfielder. 

If we line up with Albrighton and Simpson on the right next season we'll be relegated.

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Could have done a Payet and shown us no respect at all.

I'm not that bothered because of what he's done for us, but is publicly asking to leave that respectful? It certainly isn't the best way to get us a good price.

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

What? with no bids from any other club. seems an odd way to deal with a contracted player.

ITK

Makes the most sense, i've always stood by the idea that he will be able to leave this summer, but also by the belief the owners are not stupid and sell him to the premier league and watch him destroy us.

At present Mahrez is too much of a risk IMO for bigger clubs to buy as he is good, but can he perform each week ? last season suggests no.

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

I'm not that bothered because of what he's done for us, but is publicly asking to leave that respectful? It certainly isn't the best way to get us a good price.

He's obviously discussed with the club already and they've probably said its ok to release a statement.

I am assuming of course.

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Has put us in a shit position by saying he wants to leave, couple that with the fact we've got Mr Bean negotiating on our behalf and I'd expect us to get 20 Mill tops for him. 

£25 million for him. watch this space.

I wish him all the best.

He won us a title.

He stayed another year.

He signed a new contract with no silly release clause which means we'll get big money for him.

I'd have been sick if he went this time last year but it's a lot more bearable this year.

Archived