Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

Just now, chapero82 said:

Ulloa didn't get his promised leave of duty either this could turn sour 

I dont think it will. Ulloa was demanding a move to a relegation rival in the last week of the Jan window.

Just now, Happy Fox said:

We aren't that cash strapped, that we would have to reinvest Mahrez's transfer fee for CBs. 

We aren't, but there's no point being spendthrift either. I certainly don't see the value in going out and buying a £40m replacement straight away unless Gray and Lawrence look well off the pace, and I'm not sure they do. 

1 minute ago, peterborofox said:

Played all this season like he didn't want to  get injured. Anything starting with a three is a good sell.

Hope he moves abroad 

£3?

1 minute ago, peterborofox said:

Played all this season like he didn't want to  get injured. Anything starting with a three is a good sell.

Hope he moves abroad 

I've heard from folks who are close with some of the players that he was playing with a hamstring issue all year (not sure if that's true, though). Either way, it certainly behooved him to stay healthy if there was a prior agreement that he would leave this summer.

Bye then Riyad. 

I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over this. The boy has bags of talent but he's quite clearly been holding back on that this season and for that reason, for me, he can go. 

We need people that 100% want to be playing for our club and if he doesn't want to, then pack your bags and off you pop. Hopefully abroad. 

It's been a pleasure to watch him play and I doubt we'll see anyone that talented at our club again for some time. 

Hugely appreciative for his time here but it feels like it's come to a natural end anyway. Good luck! 

Guest MattP
13 minutes ago, Watson said:

Legend. Not great this season bt people will miss him no doubt. I've never seen a player with a better first touch.

It's outrageous at times, he brought a ball down at Man City in the first half and I just laughed it was that good.

Just now, Bilo said:

We aren't, but there's no point being spendthrift either. I certainly don't see the value in going out and buying a £40m replacement straight away unless Gray and Lawrence look well off the pace, and I'm not sure they do. 

I don't expect us to buy a 40m replacement but do feel we need a player equal in calibre to be honest.

Gray and Lawrence, while they are both talented players are not the finished deal, and I don't think we should be heavily reliant on them to produce the goods.

20 minutes ago, tetly said:

The time is right to sell him and anybody else who wants out. It's going to be a bit of a rebuild this summer.

In hindsight last summer would have been the right time to sell, provided we had a decent negotiator (Rudkin :rolleyes::doh:) Prem winner, in the form of his life, big money.

Now? :nono: Poor form for the most part of the season, poor attitude, stock has dropped, clubs know he wants to go, and we still don't have a decent negotiator (Rudkin :rolleyes::doh:) so we'll be getting peanuts.

We'd have all been gutted to see him go last summer, maybe even pissed off but in hindsight it was the time to sell, hindsight is a wonderful thing though...

1 minute ago, Lcfc_1995 said:

Hopefully goes aboard, don't want to see him play against us

Why not? All we need to do is put Robert Huth infront of him. Riyad will just do 300 stepovers and proceed to run straight into Huthy

Gotta offer my thanks to Mahrez here too, partly for being one of the most outrageously talented players I have ever seen, so many highlights, putting 3 Villa players on their arses immediately springs to mind, but that touch, those goals, those assists.

Also, thanks for signing a new contract staying one more year and letting us remove that stupid release clause.

Finally thanks for being open and honest about your intentions - hopefully other footballers can learn from this - if Kante had made a similar statement we would have been less pissed off at him last season and he would probably have got a bigger cheer when he came back.

Finally doesn't this mean we don't have to pay him off to go, isn't there something in most contracts that if a player is sold he is entitled to a percentage of the fee unless he has made a formal transfer request?  Or have I completely made that up?

Archived