Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

Don't think half the people who say good riddance realise just what a talent Riyad is He is the most skilful player we have had since Frank Worthington. 

I for one one will be sorry to see him go. 

Yes he can be poor by by his standards. But a poor Riyad is better then a superb Gray 

It's been a privileged to see him rise from the bottom to the top, to watch him twist and turn past the league's finest, to watch his goals demolish the opposition, to have developed a Balloon d'Or player and to see him lift the Premier League trophy.

giphy.gif

A true gent too. Goodbye to the quick brown fox!

Wonderful player. The best I've seen in 35 years of watching Leicester. Even though performances have dropped this season, I would argue nearly everything good in an attacking sense, comes through him. I fear we will never see his like again here. 

I do have some knowledge of his situation and am led to believe he is desperate to live in London. 

He's given us 4 seasons and is the most talented player I've ever seen play for us.

Wish him all the luck in the world and he deserves champions league.

He didnt have to stay another year. A certain little midfielder at the Bridge didnt bother after all.

We will need to repeat this slowly and often during the coming season.

Gray.

Is.

Not.

Mahrez.

Gray is undoubtedly a great talent and a fine prospect, but Mahrez was one of our best ever players.

People expecting Mahrez-like stuff every week from Gray next season are probably going to be disappointed.

Mahrez was *that* good.

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

It's been a privileged to see him rise from the bottom to the top, to watch him twist and turn past the league's finest, to watch his goals demolish the opposition, to have developed a Balloon d'Or player and to see him lift the Premier League trophy.

giphy.gif

A true gent too. Goodbye to the quick brown fox!

Shouldn't this filth be played after 9pm? Grown adults getting torn apart here

All the people happy about this will be crying about lack of creativity in exactly 3 months. 

I'm sure Rudkin will get George Boyd in and there'll be a plane flying over Monaco over begging for him to come back.

Just now, Happy Fox said:

I don't expect us to buy a 40m replacement but do feel we need a player equal in calibre to be honest.

Gray and Lawrence, while they are both talented players are not the finished deal, and I don't think we should be heavily reliant on them to produce the goods.

The question is who is on the same level as Mahrez and wouldn't cost us £40m? To get someone of his ilk, that's the price tag these days. I daresay that the days of bargains like Mahrez for £400k, Vardy for £1m and Kante for £5m are behind us now. 

I imagine we'll be casting the scouting net into Europe. 

Wow a PFA player of the year and a lot of you can't wait to get rid. 

IF we had got a decent creative central midfielder in last summer and thereby stopped teams doubling/tripling up on him, we would have seen better. 

Honestly he deserves better, and I wish him well wherever he ends up. I honestly think in a better team he will truly shine.

1 minute ago, Livid said:

IF we had got a decent creative central midfielder in last summer and thereby stopped teams doubling/tripling up on him, we have seen better. 

Honestly he deserves better, and I wish him well wherever he ends up. I honestly think in a better team he will truly shine.

Couldn't agree more

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

We will need to repeat this slowly and often during the coming season.

Gray.

Is.

Not.

Mahrez.

Gray is undoubtedly a great talent and a fine prospect, but Mahrez was one of our best ever players.

People expecting Mahrez-like stuff every week from Gray next season are probably going to be disappointed.

Mahrez was *that* good.

If we replace Mahrez with gray we deserve all the crap we get. 

1 minute ago, Livid said:

IF we had got a decent creative central midfielder in last summer and thereby stopped teams doubling/tripling up on him, we have seen better. 

I doubt people want him out, but they know we have no chance of keeping him so it is a way of dealing with it

Just now, Bilo said:

The question is who is on the same level as Mahrez and wouldn't cost us £40m? To get someone of his ilk, that's the price tag these days. I daresay that the days of bargains like Mahrez for £400k, Vardy for £1m and Kante for £5m are behind us now. 

I imagine we'll be casting the scouting net into Europe. 

I agree that's the difficulty! You would hope Macia and the scouts at the club have identified players the Macedonian Ryan McGivern and that Bulgarian Brazilian lad seem to be perhaps?

6 minutes ago, JayPittardBlueatheart said:

Bring Knockaert back home lads?

No, not for me.

It was clear that Mahrez had more talent that Knocky in the Championship, I always saw him as the long term buy in case AK wasn't up to it.

I loved Knockaert, but his lack of pace means he'll struggle next season as well.

7 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Gotta offer my thanks to Mahrez here too, partly for being one of the most outrageously talented players I have ever seen, so many highlights, putting 3 Villa players on their arses immediately springs to mind, but that touch, those goals, those assists.

Also, thanks for signing a new contract staying one more year and letting us remove that stupid release clause.

Finally thanks for being open and honest about your intentions - hopefully other footballers can learn from this - if Kante had made a similar statement we would have been less pissed off at him last season and he would probably have got a bigger cheer when he came back.

Finally doesn't this mean we don't have to pay him off to go, isn't there something in most contracts that if a player is sold he is entitled to a percentage of the fee unless he has made a formal transfer request?  Or have I completely made that up?

They usually have a loyalty bonus that they would be entitled to if we accepted an offer for him... this is forfeited by those who ask for a transfer..

Archived