Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2017/18 U23s, Development, U19s etc

18 hours ago, Foxxed said:

We could occasionally find a few rough diamonds - Vardy, Ndidi, Maguire and perhaps Diabate

You make good points about youth development and it's not my intention to detract from them nor disagree. I wanted only to remark how surprised I am to see how semi-polished already Diabate is.

I was expecting little from, though obviously keen to see, this chap from the French 2nd division. One that had been booted out of one club and traded on a free to another. It seemed a very curious purchase at the time but one I'm now hopeful about. He might be one who had slipped through the net until we signed him.

It's obviously far too early to say how he'll develop but he has attributes beyond those I was expecting. Puel was right when he said he was ready for Prem football.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FIF said:

I hope Hughes AND another of our young CBs are brought into the squad to replace Huth and Morgan next season to back up Maguire and Dragovic. CB is really a position of strength in our club.

You assume we'll buy Dragovic - I hope you're right.

On 3/17/2018 at 10:30, dominicmsb said:

I've seen somewhere that Huth barely trains and only really played matches. Ledley King style. I think he's done.

Where did you see that nonsense ? Hes always trained and went to Marbella to train with lads . Had injuries and that's affected his training nothing else . 

7 hours ago, jamesmilner said:

Where did you see that nonsense ? Hes always trained and went to Marbella to train with lads . Had injuries and that's affected his training nothing else . 

I think it was a LCFC TV thing where they guess the player and some one described Huth as barely trains only plays matches. You seem to have the inside scoop so ignore me.

Edited by dominicmsb

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Just seen on the Leicester Mercury that Connor Tee has been involved in over half the U18 goals this season. Scored 7 and assisted 11 out of 31 total. One to look out for? Anyone on here know anything about him.

Not a relation of Nugent's Mrs by any chance?

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, brucey said:

Time to watch some actual decent football for a change :ph34r: 

(no Choudhury for obvious reasons, hope they still do ok)

Not had the chance to watch a lot of them this year, what kinda style do they play? Mainly has Puels passing gone down to the u23s

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Not had the chance to watch a lot of them this year, what kinda style do they play? Mainly has Puels passing gone down to the u23s

they play the style Puel wants to, but actually have players that can do it, fast, aggressive possession football

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I wouldn't say it's possession football at all, it is a nice pressing high tempo football though. They improved massively when Shakespeare took over and pretty much just maintained that ever since, unlike the first team who have been completely up and down.

Also a very heavy importance on set pieces, both defending and attacking them. Scored ludicrous amounts of goals from corners. Lots of physically imposing themselves on the opposition.

Edited by brucey

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

I wouldn't say it's possession football at all, it is a nice pressing high tempo football though. They improved massively when Shakespeare took over and pretty much just maintained that ever since, unlike the first team who have been completely up and down.

Also a very heavy importance on set pieces, both defending and attacking them. Scored ludicrous amounts of goals from corners.

I'm using possession to mean anything other than sit deep and twat it long for Vardy to chase

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

they play the style Puel wants to, but actually have players that can do it, fast, aggressive possession football

At least we know it can work. It sounds they've been doing pretty well, and a lot have been getting international call ups

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

Not surprised, Puel seems big on youth and club is throwing money at the u23s lately

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Not surprised, Puel seems big on youth and club is throwing money at the u23s lately

Yup, the U23s bought in from lower league clubs have been excellent. Let's see if Puel will actually play more of the U23s (not forced by injury) once 7th is out of the question. No better opportunity to integrate the youth, however if he feels his job is at risk he may not.

Just now, brucey said:

Yup, the U23s bought in from lower league clubs have been excellent. Let's see if Puel will actually play more of the U23s (not forced by injury) once 7th is out of the question. No better opportunity to integrate the youth, however if he feels his job is at risk he may not.

We've seen him play barnes, now Hamza and Thomas has been on the bench. Wouldn't be surprised to have them train more with the first team or included in squads. Can see why they haven't loaned them either, they get game time learning how to play the style we want them to.