Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2017/18 U23s, Development, U19s etc

I wonder if our increased emphasis on the PL2 will help our youth development recruitment. Are we keeping easily championship/prem level players here to boost recruitment?

Good goals from Barnes. I can understand people saying he's lightweight. But when we're on the attack he seems to have the knack of being in the right place at the right time. If we could merge Hamza and Barnes we'd have an incredible player.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Or perhaps he has...?!?

But a closer look at the ages/inexperience of the teams they have beaten would appear to suggest that all is not quite as rosey as it first appears...!

(although i have been impressed by what i have seen of Knight, Wood, Pascanu, Dewsbury and Eppiah)  :)

Not Sam Hughes? I think Hughes could slot in our defense and not look out of place which is incredible given he was non-league less than a year ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Not Sam Hughes? I think Hughes could slot in our defense and not look out of place which is incredible given he was non-league less than a year ago.

Good shout....and certainly an excellent piece of recruitment! 

Knight looks the more 'natural' footballer for me and i doubt they would move 2 players up together but Hughes certainly look very impressive.

8 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Good shout....and certainly an excellent piece of recruitment! 

Knight looks the more 'natural' footballer for me and i doubt they would move 2 players up together but Hughes certainly look very impressive.

I too think Knight looks a good prospect, but I seem to recall (my memory ain't quite what it used to be) Knight being given a squad number and then it was removed, maybe he's not "trained on" enough for Puels liking.

9 hours ago, norwichfox said:

I too think Knight looks a good prospect, but I seem to recall (my memory ain't quite what it used to be) Knight being given a squad number and then it was removed, maybe he's not "trained on" enough for Puels liking.

Interesting. I think it was during Shakepseares time that he got fast-tracked into the first team environment so maybe you are right about the change in manager affecting his progress...

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Is Terrell Pennant still with us? If so, is he still on track to be the real quiz?

Yes he is still with us. Just got called up to the England youth squad so must be decent.

Edited by brucey
  • Like 2

1. 6 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:
    1. moore, hughes, knight and Johnson... Surely one defender has to break into our team at least next season with the ever aging defenders we currently have? 

Can't see anyone taking Morgan's place outside of injury, but a u23 player on the bench given a few minutes here and there would be great.

Who's our best u23 centre half? I've only been paying attention to the outfield players tbh.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Foxxed said:
  1. Who's our best u23 centre half? I've only been paying attention to the outfield players tbh.

Hughes I think, if only for his heading at corners! Almost as good as Slim :D (this may not be strictly true)

But apparently he can and has played midfield for U23s so will be one of those more comfortable with the ball at feet

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, brucey said:

only working on ipad not on pc for me.. also showing warming up but i think the game is meant to have kicked off already

I can't get it on PC or Android. I hope Swansea get relegated. This is unacceptable.

• Like 1