Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 18

13 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

OK, I can raise about 450k - 500k pretty easily, I have about 360k in the bank now.  Who do I go for?  I'm thinking Baby Van Basten or Middle Shearer (89 version).  I would invest in going for someone like Larsen but I like the fact I could resell them if needed.  Thoughts? 

Middle Shearer was a beast for me at the beginning of the game plus he has decent speed/stamina can hasten is also a decent pick up but doesn’t have that stamina

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Middle Shearer was a beast for me at the beginning of the game plus he has decent speed/stamina can hasten is also a decent pick up but doesn’t have that stamina

I went for middle Shearer in the end (I missed a bargain baby Van B because of a squad battles match taking me to pens! Played Alan a couple of games, not blown away so far, he missed a lot of chances, and does he do the one armed celebration? He’s on the transfer list at the moment for a small profit but not sure I’ll be able to make any money. He’ll be back in the team if no takers. 

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Rewards have been poo, now for ages 

Kinda kills the incentive to play 40 games when you cant even pack anything decent for achieving 25 odd wins

? after seeing the Blanc requirements I thought about diving straight on to get back on the grind.... then I open my rewards and I’m back to thinking fvck this game lol 

53 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Blanc not needing an 87 rated team is pretty surprising... next on the hit list... if I pack something half decent from my monthlys lol 

He requires an Icon though which isn't cheap. Fair enough some do require an icon and 87 but its still on the 700k plus mark?

oh and his 'prime' Icon his not much of an increase on his 89 rated card, invest wisely

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ashley said:

He requires an Icon though which isn't cheap. Fair enough some do require an icon and 87 but its still on the 700k plus mark?

oh and his 'prime' Icon his not much of an increase on his 89 rated card, invest wisely

Must admit I did spot that once I’d posted it, the stats look pretty much identical, probably wouldn’t be a move I made unless Larsson or Van der sar went to pot

9 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Shearer binned already!! Had about 20 shots over 3 games and nothing! Sold him for break even so pretty happy with that.  I also bought IF Tolisso thinking it was OTW Tolisso, I know not a big deal now but if he gets another IF, then I'd be pissed.  Looking at MVB now. Still think buying an icon is way to go over an untradeable.  So far I've done VDS who is amazeballs (ask @spacemunky!) and Rui Costa, who I know gets panned for not being able to shoot, but he's come out clutch for me time and time again.

@Ashley - what are your thoughts too, bud? 

3 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Shearer binned already!! Had about 20 shots over 3 games and nothing! Sold him for break even so pretty happy with that.  I also bought IF Tolisso thinking it was OTW Tolisso, I know not a big deal now but if he gets another IF, then I'd be pissed.  Looking at MVB now. Still think buying an icon is way to go over an untradeable.  So far I've done VDS who is amazeballs (ask @spacemunky!) and Rui Costa, who I know gets panned for not being able to shoot, but he's come out clutch for me time and time again.

You can take your van der Sar and #&$@ him!!!!!

:)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Whats your team look like currently mate

12 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

I had shearer 89 for ages. Scored a shit tonne for me. Upgraded to the 91 and he is very very decent. 125 goals in 150 games so cant really complain with that. 

What formation did you play him in? Have to make sure you utilise him in the air. He just doesn't miss. 

9 hours ago, Ashley said:

Whats your team look like currently mate

Prem team - https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=eBH7uUfSnNKw0:FFA18PS4 (Rui Costa just made it, as I was trying not to have too many icons in the team, and kept with David Silva and or Firminio/Cazorla/Dele as CAM.  David Silva fell off a cliff, so sold him, Dele, not a fan, so I brought in Rui Costa who was mainly playing for my Bundes team

Bundes team - https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=dbaQyqItnNKw6:FFA18PS4 - not my strongest XI in there but with the share, you can probably see who is on the bench

6 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

I had shearer 89 for ages. Scored a shit tonne for me. Upgraded to the 91 and he is very very decent. 125 goals in 150 games so cant really complain with that. 

What formation did you play him in? Have to make sure you utilise him in the air. He just doesn't miss. 

I play 41212(2) - see links above, I play pretty narrow and a bit more intricate, with hitting people on the break where possible.  Lots of short passing. This formation helps, as I am the world's worse crosser.  

Oh, and I bought Baby Van B last night - couldn't help myself, but he was below FMV so wasn't too bothered. Tax will get me on resale though.