Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Mendy

14 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

As long as I don't see Mendy playing LM away at Southampton whilst freezing my bollocks off losing 3-0 again, i dont really gibe a sh1t whether he stays or goes. 

Absolutely my lowest point of the last couple of seasons and I include the Millwall shitfest in that 

44 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Well he's out in Austria and the picture I have just seen he didn't look too happy . Then again he might have just swallowed a fly riding his bike 

He'll be out for another 6 months then? 

3 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Simply wont get a look in next season under Shakie. Might as well go now he is surplus to requirements. 

Problem is, who's gonna want him until he can prove he's back to full fitness, and that could be some time away.

Lots of talk on fan/ supporter loyalty. TBH on his first run out on the field he looked out of shape. Injury or not he's gets paid well and there is no excuse unless your gazza. Good luck to him 

13 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Surely you know the answer to that.

Maybe I've missed previous ITK info but no not really. I actually thought a loan would be a good option for player and us. His permanent transfer value is probably rock bottom while there are doubts on his fitness. If he went elsewhere on loan, kept fit and played well it would only benefit us!

I've said it before but I'll say it again. He came as a starter from a top 4 side in France. If we signed a player in that bracket now we'd be creaming ourselves. Bloke needs a chance, why write him off before he gets one?!

2 hours ago, sdb said:

I've said it before but I'll say it again. He came as a starter from a top 4 side in France. If we signed a player in that bracket now we'd be creaming ourselves. Bloke needs a chance, why write him off before he gets one?!

agree we have not seen him enough but my question is are we ever going to get to see him ? the guy seems to have a ankle made of fine china. He needs to get fully fit and needs game time, send him out on loan i say and let's see how he looks . 

1 hour ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Maybe I've missed previous ITK info but no not really. I actually thought a loan would be a good option for player and us. His permanent transfer value is probably rock bottom while there are doubts on his fitness. If he went elsewhere on loan, kept fit and played well it would only benefit us!

He will be on at least £50k a week and I would be shocked if he is part of our plans for next season based upon his public statement where he made it clear he wants out.

We would probably get between £5m-£8m, save £2m in wages and cut our loses on the rest.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

He will be on at least £50k a week and I would be shocked if he is part of our plans for next season based upon his public statement where he made it clear he wants out.

We would probably get between £5m-£8m, save £2m in wages and cut our loses on the rest.

I don't think he specifically said that he wanted out, unless you've seen an article saying so that I've missed. I only have seen an piece that suggested Bordeaux were interested in him and he said he'd be happy with a move to them, as things hadn't worked out as planned with us.

I simply read that as the club have said to him that should offers come through that met our value of him that we'd consider them, including a loan. To me a reevaluation of the squad during pre-season training has shaken up plans. Maybe a couple of the midfielders that were being considered part of the squad have not cut the mustard or maybe some offers have come in that are a better deal for us? Maybe whatever offer (query) for Mendy that came in was a low one and it hasn't increased from there on.

There's loads of reasons why he might just stay, and we take a chance with him.

However, I know myself having a glass ankle that stepping off the curb the wrong way or on a pathetically mild uneven surface my ankle can just go and I'm hobbling for a week or two all strapped up, so playing professional football, being limber, flexible, and being heavily reliant on an ankle for your job is something I can't quantify, as I struggle when mine slightly goes and I can't drive, never mind kick or dribble a ball.

Saying all that, if our physios think they can manage it with him and keep him relatively safe without impacting his performance then I am willing to see what he can do, as he definitely has the ability, but due to circumstance not been able to show it.

18 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sounds like he's impressed in preseason so maybe he is part of the plans. I'm convinced he could offer something to the squad IF he can stay fit

Archived