Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Mendy

10 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Cut our losses and let the lad join up with Claudio

We seem to be cutting rather a lot of losses this window.  Just goes to show what a mess last summer was.  If I was Vichai I would be instigating a root and branch review of our recruitment processes.

On 6/28/2017 at 11:02, Costock_Fox said:

I think the fact you put him below King in the pecking order suggests he has no future here.

My point was the competition he faces while he's trying to get his fitness back.

I'd keep him, let him get his fitness back, and sell at the Jan window when we can make our money back. I watched him play several games in ligue 1, he is physical, tough, plays hard the entire time on the pitch, and passes better than our MFs minus Mahrez. He might be another Ndidi when healthy. So.... Why trade him now? We don't need the cash, and we have question marks in the MF. 

4 hours ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Best for both the player and the club - Drinkwater, Ndidi, James, King, Amartey... We can afford to let one go

Rubbish, Amarty and King are not good enough,big question mark over James and Drinkwater needed 

hip procedure in the close season.

Would you really be happy to embark on a new season with such a suspect midfield?

3 hours ago, vanity said:

I'd keep him, let him get his fitness back, and sell at the Jan window when we can make our money back. I watched him play several games in ligue 1, he is physical, tough, plays hard the entire time on the pitch, and passes better than our MFs minus Mahrez. He might be another Ndidi when healthy. So.... Why trade him now? We don't need the cash, and we have question marks in the MF. 

Cant belive that's the same player that we signed. 

14 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Rubbish, Amarty and King are not good enough,big question mark over James and Drinkwater needed 

hip procedure in the close season.

Would you really be happy to embark on a new season with such a suspect midfield?

We need both Sig and to keep Mendy. This season is critical to carry momentum into. If we can fight for top-5 after signing some legit players, LCFC will really begin to become a destination in the PL. Players are waiting to see if the team was really a fluke. It wasn't, the lads can play. Talented MF's who can link the attack are critical for us at the moment, and I think Sig and Mendy are both better at this than any of the MF's we are likely to have next season. Please boys, get Sig done, and let's keep Mendy. We could use another CB, but a talent like Sig above all else is what we need, Huth can still play. We have a lot of uncertain depth in the MF, let's get some certainty though and then figure out what to do with the remaining slots.

I do think the key for this team is small additions. This team plays terrific together with certain guys out there. I think adding one starting CB, one starting MF, and one starting striker is really all we should try to add in an offseason. There is something to be said for continuity of culture. Integrate the new lads, perhaps add some depth or sell some depth in January, but focus on integrating them properly before making more changes. I think that is where Claudio went wrong -- the lack of continuity and familiarity on the pitch was egregious.

Just now, vanity said:

We need both Sig and to keep Mendy. This season is critical to carry momentum into. If we can fight for top-5 after signing some legit players, LCFC will really begin to become a destination in the PL. Players are waiting to see if the team was really a fluke. It wasn't, the lads can play. Talented MF's who can link the attack are critical for us at the moment, and I think Sig and Mendy are both better at this than any of the MF's we are likely to have next season. Please boys, get Sig done, and let's keep Mendy. We could use another CB, but a talent like Sig above all else is what we need, Huth can still play. We have a lot of uncertain depth in the MF, let's get some certainty though and then figure out what to do with the remaining slots.

I do think the key for this team is small additions. This team plays terrific together with certain guys out there. I think adding one starting CB, one starting MF, and one starting striker is really all we should try to add in an offseason. There is something to be said for continuity of culture. Integrate the new lads, perhaps add some depth or sell some depth in January, but focus on integrating them properly before making more changes. I think that is where Claudio went wrong -- the lack of continuity and familiarity on the pitch was egregious.

We don't need the same squad size as last season. We need 20-22 1st team players and some good youngsters in the U23's to step up if needs be. There's nuff deadwood to fcuk off as well as bringing a few players in. 

5 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

I think we tend to expect guys to be back to normal when they are healthy enough to play. I mean, I know I do anyhow. But injuries to the feet or the knees take some time to get over. You just don't feel comfortable on it right away, you are worried there will be more problems, you overcompensate to protect it, just need some time to get right mentally. It may take Mendy a bit of time, but we should definitely see this out, he has real talent, and might be marvelous paired with Ndidi in the middle, or with Sig with Ndidi perhaps playing between the CBs and the MF. Or perhaps Ndidi would be even better playing above the MF, I think that is a situational decision, but we are better off with as many guys with talent as we can find.

Next season is just too critical to get cute with.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We don't need the same squad size as last season. We need 20-22 1st team players and some good youngsters in the U23's to step up if needs be. There's nuff deadwood to fcuk off as well as bringing a few players in. 

We don't need to carry them allminto next season, we just need to keep them long enough to get a handle on what they can bring in 2017-'18. Especially guys like Mendy, Matty James, Lawrence, some of the younger bucks, etc. There are already a number of guys we will/can move: Mahrez, Ulloa, Musa, King. We will also like need to move guys like Wes and/or Benalouane, IDK if Wague is still around he won't be needed. Would prefer to keep a larger team and send players out on loan and maximize performance next season. Three consecutive years of strong performance will really start to shift the perception of the team. We want it to be considered a legit annual contender. Ownership is prepared to spend to get the team into the top 1/3 of the league regularly. It has the money to buy Sig and some other top talent. Spend it this summer, and players will begin looking to come here. Other teams will be focused on Europe, there will be openings for LC to make a move on the top-5. This is the offseason to let it all hang out, anything less we will lose serious momentum and reputation.

13 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

My point being if King is seen as competition then we have problems.

I wasn't saying King is better or as good, just that he plays the same position so he is competition in that sense. Tbh i would have Drinky n Ndidi before anyone and from what i have seen of Mendy, i would like to give him a try when he's fit, maybe in a midfield 5 of Gray Drinky Mendy Ndidi and Albrighton. It's okay people saying he's not good enough, but has he been given the chance without being unlucky enough to be injured?

11 hours ago, foxpleasure said:

You have to feel bad for the guy. A mixture of injuries, squad unrest, shit pre-season and negative football have not helped him, or our other signings. And people want them all to leave.

Now he does seem like a waste of a signing, and Musa is going that way too.

But genuinely believe Amartey will become more useful now, and come out the initial blocks a bit more that had hindered his early periods here.

Archived