Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Mendy

If Mendy is looking sharper than King, Amartey and James in pre-season, then I can see the appeal of keeping him. Maybe a fully fit Mendy, offers more than all those 3. No one really knows that yet, so I guess we would have to trust the coaching staff. What we can't have, is Mendy, King, Amartey and James all fighting it out for the 4th CM spot, as I am guessing Drinkwater, N'didi and Iborra are ahead of them all, leaving a 4th CM spot open who would likely get a decent amount of game time. 

Even then, we are short of a creative CM, which I think we desperately need. Maybe that will be filled with a no.10 in the Sigurdsson mold. 

Definitely some work still to be done, as our squad seems unbalanced. 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

If Mendy is looking sharper than King, Amartey and James in pre-season, then I can see the appeal of keeping him. Maybe a fully fit Mendy, offers more than all those 3. No one really knows that yet, so I guess we would have to trust the coaching staff. What we can't have, is Mendy, King, Amartey and James all fighting it out for the 4th CM spot, as I am guessing Drinkwater, N'didi and Iborra are ahead of them all, leaving a 4th CM spot open who would likely get a decent amount of game time. 

Even then, we are short of a creative CM, which I think we desperately need. Maybe that will be filled with a no.10 in the Sigurdsson mold. 

Our squad does feel too 'samey'. It did last season too. But as I said, if Shakey wants to play this way, I suppose it's ok

45 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I could be miles off, but so far I think it's looking clear what 'the Shakey way' will be. Well drilled, well organised, tough, big, hard to beat...but possibly not too pretty either.

I enjoy my beer far more on a Saturday evening if we've played ugly and won rather than played pretty and lost. Having both would necessitate several more pints!! 

35 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I enjoy my beer far more on a Saturday evening if we've played ugly and won rather than played pretty and lost. Having both would necessitate several more pints!! 

This! Maybe it's because I grew up in an era when we were pretty rubbish and didn't win many matches. It's all about the win for me, no matter how we play.

On ‎18‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 15:12, STUHILL said:

I for one would keep King (has surely a role in the dressing room and can offer some decent replacement), Amartey (because of versatility even if the quality is not always there). James and Mendy  should go on loan. More so since Mendy wants a move even on loan.

I'm afraid we won't get a quality CAM though. Sigurdsson is wishful thinking. If he moves, it will be to Everton. CAn't understand why we don't try this Boudebouz for less Money. He seemed to have a good season (even if only in Ligue 1).

On 18/07/2017 at 05:55, Col city fan said:

This.

What is Shakespeare's intention? To bore the opposition into submission by Amartey playing a five yard pass to Drinkwater, who then plays a sideways pass to Iborra and it starts again?

lol

Where is the bit of skill, trickery, slide rule ball, creativity? I can't see it with our midfielders. If we want to scare the opposition to death by sheer size and stature then fine...maybe this is what Shakey is genuinely going for. A modern day Wimbledon.

Has he he been practicing his passing over the summer? Must've improved if that's the plan.

On 18 July 2017 at 20:55, Col city fan said:

This.

What is Shakespeare's intention? To bore the opposition into submission by Amartey playing a five yard pass to Drinkwater, who then plays a sideways pass to Iborra and it starts again?

lol

Where is the bit of skill, trickery, slide rule ball, creativity? I can't see it with our midfielders. If we want to scare the opposition to death by sheer size and stature then fine...maybe this is what Shakey is genuinely going for. A modern day Wimbledon.

Sounds like your missing and wanting a cambiasso type me old potatoe. ? ? ?

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Genuinely forgot we had him yesterday when he didn't get on

Was more disappointed that Barnes didn't get any minutes 

He was coming on but he dropped his water bottle on his foot.. Initial scans suggest he'll be out for at least 9 months.. 

Mendy (or 'Lucky' as he's known by his nickname) said ' O well,  shit happens! '

41 minutes ago, MPH said:

Id imagine the problem with the loan is that he wont want to take a drop in wages and some of the french clubs want us to pay a portion...

we would have to come to an arrangement over the difference between what he is entitled to under the remainder of his lcfc contract and what he can earn elsewhere if its a sale. he wouldn't end up out of pocket. I expect we just want to get his salary off our books ad also take some dosh in. if mahrez leaves I bet we take the loan option up !  alternatively we may be unconvinced that he will ever be fit enough to be sold if he goes out on loan for this season.

47 minutes ago, MPH said:

Id imagine the problem with the loan is that he wont want to take a drop in wages and some of the french clubs want us to pay a portion...

He signed for us  .... he is ours until we are happy to let him go.  If his agent doesn't like it he should look at himself...  his route forward is to hassle the frenchies to pay up or shut up

12 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

He signed for us  .... he is ours until we are happy to let him go.  If his agent doesn't like it he should look at himself...  his route forward is to hassle the frenchies to pay up or shut up

You're partly right... But the bottom line is if he doesn't want to  be sold then we cant force him to sign for someone.  I very much doubt we would just let him rot in the reserves either as that's just a waste of money and our owners are shrewd business people  and i very much doubt they would allow that situation to develop. I would imagine a compromise will be forged where he'll go out on loan but will be taking less money rather than us footing part of the bill  or at least much less of the bill than is normal in a loan situation like this...

2 hours ago, MPH said:

You're partly right... But the bottom line is if he doesn't want to  be sold then we cant force him to sign for someone.  I very much doubt we would just let him rot in the reserves either as that's just a waste of money and our owners are shrewd business people  and i very much doubt they would allow that situation to develop. I would imagine a compromise will be forged where he'll go out on loan but will be taking less money rather than us footing part of the bill  or at least much less of the bill than is normal in a loan situation like this...

Agree.... if that happens his agent will have got mendy into a worse off situation.... but if course the agent may still be paid comossions.

Mendy.... like slimani.... has an opportunity to  become a top prem player.  To do so he will need to work hard to develop the right skills.... strength... speed ..and mind set.  It will be a challenge.   Or... he can walk way..... what ever he does he will have the rest of his life to reflect on his decision 

I really don't see how any Leicester fans can have an opinion on him either way.  He's not had enough minutes and it's hardly his fault he got injured.  When Jamo got injured, it was all about "having patience", "stick by him", and "he needs a chance when fit".  Where's that for Papy?  Yes, Jamo played a lot of games before he got injured, so did deserve some patience, but what ever happened to benefit of the doubt? Shakey refers to him fondly in interviews.

Regarding the agent's comments, only thing that annoyed me was going to the press to moan. Keep quiet and keep in house.  He did have a good point on competition, and perhaps a loan move may be good.  If he plays well and gets fit, he could be an asset (note I said could not would!) 

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

I really don't see how any Leicester fans can have an opinion on him either way.  He's not had enough minutes and it's hardly his fault he got injured.  When Jamo got injured, it was all about "having patience", "stick by him", and "he needs a chance when fit".  Where's that for Papy?  Yes, Jamo played a lot of games before he got injured, so did deserve some patience, but what ever happened to benefit of the doubt? Shakey refers to him fondly in interviews.

Regarding the agent's comments, only thing that annoyed me was going to the press to moan. Keep quiet and keep in house.  He did have a good point on competition, and perhaps a loan move may be good.  If he plays well and gets fit, he could be an asset (note I said could not would!) 

I don't give a shit either way tbh.

Archived