Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

6 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

harsh tbh, wasnt given too many chances here tbf,

Not really . Harsh would be me saying he’s ****ing  crap . All I’ve said is don’t get too excited. Yep he didn’t get too many chances here and there is a reason  for that  which is probably the same reason he didn't get many chances on his last loan spell either . 

Edited by baldeagle

Cheap fags in Belgium as well, double bonus for the lad! lol

Wasn't his lack of strength quoted as one of big factors working against him, doesn't mean he isn't a talent. Reminds me a bit of the Kramaric situation, let's hope he finds some momentum and helps get Leuven promoted.

1 hour ago, Bonanza said:

This is a really big player for our club. I'm really looking forward for his debut!

30 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Don’t get too excited 

Get excited !! 

Tons of potential there and at a good age to kick on.

Our biggest problem this season is creating chances to score goals. Especially our midfield was a total disaster. We also just signed Radouane Kerrouche (CM) from Paris FC. I really believe that these 2 signings are crucial for our ambitions to get promoted. 

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Our biggest problem this season is creating chances to score goals. Especially our midfield was a total disaster. We also just signed Radouane Kerrouche (CM) from Paris FC. I really believe that these 2 signings are curcial for our ambitions to get promoted. 

Hope he comes good for you and provides the creativity you’re looking for. I thought he knocked the ball about nicely when I saw him play against Millwall in the FA cup last year. 

Another reason to look out for highlights of Leuven! Would love Kapi to do well there, he definitely has the talent, he's just not shone yet for us.

Imagine if Top somehow managed to convince Wasyl to reunite with NFP at Leuven for one last hurrah too...

9 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Eh? Slightly odd link isn’t it? 

Matty James was arguably one of our best midfielders in the Championship days, ahead of Drinkwater. What's odd about that and a player of Kapustka's qualities popping up for OH Leuven?

Wish the Cabbage well in Belgium, could be the decisive signing for them.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Our biggest problem this season is creating chances to score goals. Especially our midfield was a total disaster. We also just signed Radouane Kerrouche (CM) from Paris FC. I really believe that these 2 signings are crucial for our ambitions to get promoted. 

Interesting signing...few serie A clubs like Genoa and Parma enquired about him this summer.

After two depressing draws at home, nothing short of a shamefull defeat against the mighty Westerlo: 1-3. Six chances created in 90 minutes, none for our two forwards. Right after Pearson claimed to have learned his lesson after the 3-1 defeat against the amateurs of Dessel in the cup. But i will take the word of the people here for it, that he's a man with a plan and knows what he's doing, because currently, he's fooling all of us.

31 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

After two depressing draws at home, nothing short of a shamefull defeat against the mighty Westerlo: 1-3. Six chances created in 90 minutes, none for our two forwards. Right after Pearson claimed to have learned his lesson after the 3-1 defeat against the amateurs of Dessel in the cup. But i will take the word of the people here for it, that he's a man with a plan and knows what he's doing, because currently, he's fooling all of us.

Relax, we've just sent you our little cabbage, he'll be a superstar for you.

43 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

just sit back and enjoy the ride you crazy man!

If you look at Pearson's track record he's capable of clicking instantly (see Leicester 2008), but it can also take him 60-odd games, which is 1.5 seasons in England but 2.5 in Belgium. A long time in a league where it's easy to get caught up in the relegation dogfight. I hope he gets the time because, if he does, I'd expect it to come good eventually. Hopefully they don't suffer too badly in the meantime. And hopefully the absence of his usual backroom staff isn't too keenly felt.

Personally I'd like to see how the glut of new signings settle in, and give him a chance to go for it in the second half of the campaign. When it clicks, it will really click.

12 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Just seen this result. That sucks. Where does that leave Leuven now? What went wrong? Elliot Moore's interview spoke about a lack of concentration...

Well, I think we've hit rock bottom. This was an absolutely disgraceful preformance by our team. To be honest, it looks like the players have no idea what to do. There was no movement without the ball, we weren't capable of giving 2 passes without losing the ball and again: NO CREATIVITY!!! This was the worst game i've ever witnessed as an OHL-fan!

Everything is still to play for at this stage. We are in 4th place (only 3 points down 1ste place), but change is needed fast! If we keep playing at this level, we will be at risk of relegation.

14 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Not sure Leicester fans are in a position to ask leuvan fans to give Pearson time considering the treatment of puel over the last year. 

I'm not asking for anything! They can get on his back if they want, it's their club, I just think that their future would be much brighter if they were patient with him.

14 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Not sure Leicester fans are in a position to ask leuvan fans to give Pearson time considering the treatment of puel over the last year. 

Not sure you can compare Puel's turgid second half to last season - with all the personnel and finances available - to Leuven's stance in the Belgian second division.

Besides, Pearson has shown he can shape a promotion-winning team, something Puel never had to work on.