Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

The part about playing a striker on the wing too. Good times.

Nowhere near as bad as Micky Adams for that. Still have flashbacks to Ian Walker hoofing the ball out wide for James Scowcroft to nod inside to the striker actually picked to play up front.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Lizhang said:

They are calling for his head on the facebook page. And i'm not even one of them. Nice try though. How many matches did you see of Pearson in Leuven again?
Hirst is playing on the wing (while he is absolutely not a winger), with only the fullback in backup. Then Pearson subs the fullback and puts the DM in his place, leaving Hirst all alone on the wing. When the local news station then asks why he made this change, he snaps and barks that he doesn't have to explain his tactics to anyone. Supporters can't watch training sessions anymore, communication is 0.

No, i'm not related to the previous owners, who are basically moneygrubbing *****, who built the club with mainly taxpayers money, and then cashed out. But, i see a lot of people here, clueless, like yourself, about the topic at hand and the clubs history. Yet somehow thinking they are experts on the subject.

Beerschot missed 3 sitters. (Hirst only missed one)

Pearson is a very calculated man.. everything he does is for a reason (although at the time may seem rash) if Pearson has banned the media.. its because they're not reporting truthfully or are having a negative effect on the squad...

playing the guys out of position may be tactical, but usually means he's proving a point to one or more of the players who have illusions of grandeur, and are having a negative effect on the squad, and need a good ole big Nige headbutt.

your fans would do best to back him.. he knows exactly what he's doing, and has proved it many times.. he won us promotion.. then won us promotion again... then saved us from relegation from the prem.. then (although Nige was not with us anymore) we won the Prem title with the team Nige essentially built.

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Nowhere near as bad as Micky Adams for that. Still have flashbacks to Ian Walker hoofing the ball out wide for James Scowcroft to nod inside to the striker actually picked to play up front.

Oh, god. Yeah. Hoof to Scowcroft or Trevor Benjamin on either wing. Total football.

3 hours ago, danfox76 said:

Pearson is a very calculated man.. everything he does is for a reason (although at the time may seem rash) if Pearson has banned the media.. its because they're not reporting truthfully or are having a negative effect on the squad...

playing the guys out of position may be tactical, but usually means he's proving a point to one or more of the players who have illusions of grandeur, and are having a negative effect on the squad, and need a good ole big Nige headbutt.

your fans would do best to back him.. he knows exactly what he's doing, and has proved it many times.. he won us promotion.. then won us promotion again... then saved us from relegation from the prem.. then (although Nige was not with us anymore) we won the Prem title with the team Nige essentially built.

Illusions of grandeur or delusions of grandeur?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, danfox76 said:

Blimey not rose tinted in the slightest

Even the most ardent NP fan would struggle to see it quite like that

Some of the comments are typical NP traits of which it is part of why he will never be top level imo - glad we have moved on

3 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Blimey not rose tinted in the slightest

Even the most ardent NP fan would struggle to see it quite like that

Some of the comments are typical NP traits of which it is part of why he will never be top level imo - glad we have moved on

ok Nige and his team..   now where were we before they joined... yh the thai's have a huge part in it, but Nige got us promoted.. he left .. then other managers tried with good backing from the thai's.. they all failed.. Nige comes back we see more success.. nothing rose tinted about it.. one of the best managers we've ever had

On 21/08/2018 at 13:23, Xen said:

I'm not sure NP actually wants to get get noticed. He's never really enjoyed the limelight - notoriously difficult for the media to work with, and often spends his time off by himself, with only the occasional pack of Romanian wild dogs for company.

In Belgium he's got himself a steady job without as much of a spotlight on him, employers he seems to get along with reasonably well (previous incidents forced their hand, somewhat), and arguably a nicer place to live in general. He looks much happier and healthier now than what he did at Derby, for instance.

Cheap fags in Belgium as well, double bonus!

On 22/08/2018 at 10:35, FIF said:

And you fail to understand that you're on the LCFC forum that is for LCFC fans to comment.

plus your team was shit before the Thais and the NP arrived - they haven't become any more shit.

I didn't know the forum was exclusively for LCFC fans. When i registered, it never stated this was a requirement. I'm not here because i'm an LCFC fan, but because we have been "promoted" to being feeder club of LCFC, and i'm commenting in a topic regarding my club and Pearson.

Currently 2-0 behind in a cup game against... a 3rd league team. But i guess Nigel also has a plan here.

3 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

I'm not here because i'm an LCFC fan, but because we have been "promoted" to being feeder club of LCFC, and i'm commenting in a topic regarding my club and Pearson.

What are you feeding to us?

Seems like it's us feeding you.

Just now, FIF said:

What are you feeding to us?

Seems like it's us feeding you.

lol, yeah. And the food tastes so good. We will be feeding you with more experienced players, when they get play time in a competitive league. Like Moore and Hirst.

24 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

I didn't know the forum was exclusively for LCFC fans. When i registered, it never stated this was a requirement. I'm not here because i'm an LCFC fan, but because we have been "promoted" to being feeder club of LCFC, and i'm commenting in a topic regarding my club and Pearson.

Currently 2-0 behind in a cup game against... a 3rd league team. But i guess Nigel also has a plan here.

This forum caters for quite a few 'non LCFC' fans and some have become very good posters and its always nice to hear from another fans perspective.

However it is alot easier to engage with our 'other' posters as we have much more in common, mainly because we are in the same country and most importantly play against each other in the same league. 

I do not know if your club was bought as a feeder club or not, i would like to think the latter but if it benefits both clubs then surely that is a good thing?

From someone who is not Nigel Pearsons No1 fan, i will tell you he was one of our greatest managers, but it will take time, something that us football fans (of any club) fall short of. Just bear with it, i'm sure everything will come good for your club eventually. 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

This forum caters for quite a few 'non LCFC' fans and some have become very good posters and its always nice to hear from another fans perspective.

However it is alot easier to engage with our 'other' posters as we have much more in common, mainly because we are in the same country and most importantly play against each other in the same league. 

I do not know if your club was bought as a feeder club or not, i would like to think the latter but if it benefits both clubs then surely that is a good thing?

From someone who is not Nigel Pearsons No1 fan, i will tell you he was one of our greatest managers, but it will take time, something that us football fans (of any club) fall short of. Just bear with it, i'm sure everything will come good for your club eventually.

I can respect that. I don't agree regarding Pearson, but i also think Belgian managers are often underrated (only recently there has been renewed faith in young Belgian managers in our leagues, and more often than not, they perform a lot better than foreign coaches). The thing is, as i stated before, we are in a league of 8 teams. There is no "longterm" here, we need to get out quick, and then we can build. Staying in this league is killing us. So, maybe Pearson is a good coach for other teams, but he certainly isn't the right man at the right time for us.

5 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

I can respect that. I don't agree regarding Pearson, but i also think Belgian managers are often underrated (only recently there has been renewed faith in young Belgian managers in our leagues, and more often than not, they perform a lot better than foreign coaches). The thing is, as i stated before, we are in a league of 8 teams. There is no "longterm" here, we need to get out quick, and then we can build. Staying in this league is killing us. So, maybe Pearson is a good coach for other teams, but he certainly isn't the right man at the right time for us.

Sadly i cannot agree or disagree with you on this as i have next to no knowledge of Belgium football. I honestly do not know what is best for your club regarding timelines and speed of getting promoted. However, regardless of liking or dislikng Pearson, have faith in the owners. :D They are the good guys!

I wish you all the best for the rest of your season and hope your luck turns around. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I wish you all the best for the rest of your season and hope your luck turns around. 

Yeah, well. Got kicked out of the National Cup tonight, lost 3-1 against a small club from the amateur divisions. And, no, unfortunately it was nearly the full A team playing tonight.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Sad 1