Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

18 hours ago, Pelotas said:
  • On the shirts: yes those from the image a few posts above are the new ones, the white is the home kit, red is away. In the picture from left to right are: Dirk Robbeets (politician), Carl Devlies (politician), Louis Tobback (mayor of Leuven), Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha (?), Chris Vandebroeck (interim chairman after the previous guy resigned last september following the third-party ownership scandal), Khun Top (apparently going to lead OHL now

Just pointing out, Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha and Top are the same person.

The person you've named as Aiyawatt (4th from left) is actually Top's dad, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, who is the owner of LCFC

6 hours ago, lgfualol said:

What's the 2nd Belgian league like? Physical? 

Yes it is. Several teams have tried to play a nice passing game over the last few seasons but in the end it was nearly always teams who had more fighting spirit and will to win that ended up on top.

5 hours ago, Xen said:

Just pointing out, Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha and Top are the same person.

The person you've named as Aiyawatt (4th from left) is actually Top's dad, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, who is the owner of LCFC

Clear, thanks. I was already unsure which is why I put the question mark. This also confirms our feeling that OH Leuven is more of a little toy for the "son of the rich guy".

Edited by Pelotas

On 15/06/2017 at 09:54, Finnegan said:

I think people are going to be disappointed tbh.

They're not our feeder club, they're a club owned by the same family.

Our owners aren't the Pozzos. I don't see players flying back and forth between the clubs. Our owners like a club to be self sufficient and all the press made it clear that this was Top's project, Top flying the nest. A billionaire businessman's coming of age.

Don't see us likely to exploit them or get much from them.

You may well have it right, but let's just imagine that Leuven unearth a gem that Man Utd and Chelsea are sniffing around. Where do you think he'll end up?

17 hours ago, Pelotas said:

Yes it is. Several teams have tried to play a nice passing game over the last few seasons but in the end it was nearly always teams who had more fighting spirit and will to win that ended up on top.

Clear, thanks. I was already unsure which is why I put the question mark. This also confirms our feeling that OH Leuven is more of a little toy for the "son of the rich guy".

Top is our chairman too and pretty much always involved here. His dad arrives for little periods of time. 

On 18/06/2017 at 21:44, promised land said:

Man Utd or Chelsea.

Money talks in football.

Or they'd end up here, prove themselves in this league and get sold for a much higher price that benefits both teams later on.

People expecting a huge flow of talent to suddenly appear are kidding themselves. To start with the deal will see a flow the other way to help develop our young talent hopefully also benefiting them as a team.

• Like 1

Slightly concerned about the owners/board 'splitting' their time between the two clubs.. Less time/attention here means if things start to unravel it may take longer for them to pick up on it. Like last season where they were perhaps a bit distracted from the rapidly deterioriating situation here, due to being busy sorting out things in Thailand after their king's death.

But hey, apparently they are supreme multitaskers, simultaneously managing a large football club, various racing/polo horses, and a multibillion dollar company. Maybe they'll be okay with juggling one more thing.