Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 14:31, Wymeswold fox said:

OH Leuven is a club for the future.

During the early days of a working relationship, in particular, certain aspects may have to become worse before things get better. Same can apply with this, really.

Once the season finishes, Pearson etc can analyse why they struggled, and make a plan to ensure they'll continually progress and eventually prosper over time.

lol

20 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

giphy.gif

Not sure what you 're implying. Are you wondering why i haven't posted the link in the thread (i was told that wasn't allowed on the forum). Are you saying nobody is interested? (I've already had to send the link twice EDIT: four times). Or do you want the link yourself? In that case PM me now, the second half is about to start! :)

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 1

They looked quite poor until they got their 2nd goal then you could see the confidence flowing back and they played much better football. Need to stop those unnecessary free kicks 

• Like 2

My view on watching the second half:

Nige has them setup in a 3/5 at the back system that looks alarmingly like in our great escape season (pre-great escape). The wingers are playing in that dodgy in between position where they don't track the opposition full backs, they just tuck in and sit somewhere between the opp fullbacks and CDMs so not even pressing high enough to deter the opposition from sending people forward. One positive of that setup is it allows pacey players like no11 to remain unchecked if a counter is on like for the 2nd goal.

Biggest negative though is how they react when they lose the ball. In the build up to the goal to make it 2-2, Leuven conceded the ball from a comfortable position about 40 yards from goal. Rather than putting pressure on the ball, they simply all ran backwards, the whole team retreating 40-50 yards, setting up a defencive line on the edge of the box. If they put pressure on the ball in midfield early rather than inviting pressure on themselves they'd be much better off.

Other major downside is the massive weakness in the wide areas, as the two wingers play in a more central position and the two wing-backs tuck in with the CBs it's remarkably easy for the opposition to get space in the wide areas and double up on the wing-backs. I'm assuming it is somewhat deliberate as by having the two wingers tuck in it crowds the middle of the park and invites the opposition to play in the wide areas and Nige probably feels more comfortable dealing with crosses with 3 CBs than actually setting up the team to defend properly. 

Few positives, number 11 seemed a decent player, quick willing runner who took his goal well and number 37 looked decent. Ultimately they battled well to come back from 1 down and win the game quite dramatically. I'm not familiar with the standard of the opponents but they looked the worse side in the 2nd half and it was a deserved win for Leuven

Edited by cal21212121
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cal21212121 said:

I'm not familiar with the standard of the opponents but they looked the worse side in the 2nd half and it was a deserved win for Leuven

Lommel is the team with the smallest budget in the league. They had 3 or 4 players on the pitch, that were sent away at Leuven. They were also on a losing streak (this is their 4th in a row) so they weren't really in top form. The pitch also looked quite poor. Lommel was the better team the first half, but ultimately they don't have the same quality players as the two teams on top of the league (or even OHL for that matter).

PS: for the people that watched the game through the link i sent, it's the only website that often streams our games that i know of. So if you want to watch a future game, check the same site.

Edited by Lizhang

.... What price a turn around!! 

Did notice in the last game the players celebrating Elliott Moore goal and everyone was running up to congratulate him. 

Just thinking Nige is cultivating a united team where they all cover for each other and are personally very tight. 

Not sure what price you will get for them to avoid relegation and go on to win the league next season. 

Got a feeling it could happen!! 

.... Perhaps just wishful thinking. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1