Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

3 hours ago, matty98 said:

Love it when Nige clearly wants to throttle interviewers lol This is normally the stage when his sides begin their turnaround. 

Starting out with the side turned to the interviewer is quite aggressive and disrespectful.

Thought the interviewer's questions were open and fair without any stabs.

16 hours ago, Tringfox said:

Your not pulling the wool over my eyes, that league is as bent as a nine bob note!!

The league may be backwards, but every match is still a match. And Pearson isn't winning any of those. He's lost 5 of the last 6 games, only taking one point from a draw. Total amount of points gathered from the last 9 games is 4 points! No need for anybody pulling the wool over your eyes. If you can't see what's happening, you're doing the pulling yourself.

Edited by Lizhang

37 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

The league may be backwards, but every match is still a match. And Pearson isn't winning any of those. He's lost 5 of the last 6 games, only taking one point from a draw. Total amount of points gathered from the last 9 games is 4 points! No need for anybody pulling the wool over your eyes. If you can't see what's happening, you're doing the pulling yourself.

He meant that it’s fixed/corrupt, players or management bribed

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

He meant that it’s fixed/corrupt, players or management bribed

I see. Well, i very much doubt that. There are no suspicious things happening on the pitch. Unless they bribed all 32 players, to just "not care" (because Pearson keeps playing the worst offenders), i think it's more a matter of players having lost faith, Pearson having lost credibility with his decisions. Players are clearly not supporting him anymore, and this has been happening for months.

1 minute ago, Lizhang said:

I see. Well, i very much doubt that. There are no suspicious things happening on the pitch. Unless they bribed all 32 players, to just "not care" (because Pearson keeps playing the worst offenders), i think it's more a matter of players having lost faith, Pearson having lost credibility with his decisions. Players are clearly not supporting him anymore, and this has been happening for months.

I think he was joking

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lizhang said:

In all seriousness how many points do you generally require to avoid relegation? Looks like you have a few really important games coming up?

2 hours ago, reynard said:

In all seriousness how many points do you generally require to avoid relegation? Looks like you have a few really important games coming up?

Not so easy to say. The bottom four at the end of the regular competition enter a playdown league where they play each other home and away with their points halved at the start. This pretty much means that if you lose the first one or two games, you're pretty much set to go down. 

In comparison, last season Tubize finished the regular compo with 23 points. We have 19 at this point, with six games to go. At the rate we're picking up points, we'll do worse than they did last year. Once in these playdowns, it's pretty much a lottery. 

For completeness: Tubize also finished dead last after not managing to win a single game in the playdowns (three draws, three losses). They were saved from relegation because Lierse SK went bankrupt. 

Edited by KlaaZ

On a sidenote, I agree with everything Lizhang has said here so far. Pearson is by far the worst manager we've had at our club, both in regards to results and football (or lack of). And the fact that for some mysterious reason Top doesn't want to give him the boot is even more appalling. 

27 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

On a sidenote, I agree with everything Lizhang has said here so far. Pearson is by far the worst manager we've had at our club, both in regards to results and football (or lack of). And the fact that for some mysterious reason Top doesn't want to give him the boot is even more appalling. 

Probably got other things on his mind

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

If I put myself in these shoes I feel sick.

Our club is top half, safe as f***, and half this board are in constant meltdown over the manager.  Meanwhile KP’s new club, with its own history and supporters, sit rock bottom.  And this tread still offers Pearson nostalgia, with a dash of latent-erotic enthusiasm about fluttering eyelids and the way he can still hoist a player on his back.

The man did two undeniably successful tours leading LCFC.  But this is the OHL thread, and the idea is to get them into the first division, not oblivion.  A club that means to its fans what LCFC does to you, is diving into the equivalent of a county league.

Even if your OHL interest is strictly mercenary, KP will lose serious dosh if its “feeder club” turns into an amateur entity fit only for its U16s.  There must be some Belgian Allardyce who can take its resources and shithouse a survival campaign.  Whether he can tie Pearson’s EFL shoelaces or not.

:appl:

8 hours ago, KingsX said:

If I put myself in these shoes I feel sick.

Our club is top half, safe as f***, and half this board are in constant meltdown over the manager.  Meanwhile KP’s new club, with its own history and supporters, sit rock bottom.  And this tread still offers Pearson nostalgia, with a dash of latent-erotic enthusiasm about fluttering eyelids and the way he can still hoist a player on his back.

The man did two undeniably successful tours leading LCFC.  But this is the OHL thread, and the idea is to get them into the first division, not oblivion.  A club that means to its fans what LCFC does to you, is diving into the equivalent of a county league.

Even if your OHL interest is strictly mercenary, KP will lose serious dosh if its “feeder club” turns into an amateur entity fit only for its U16s.  There must be some Belgian Allardyce who can take its resources and shithouse a survival campaign.  Whether he can tie Pearson’s EFL shoelaces or not.

Since then, Top has written two blog posts. One prior to the accident, and one post. Well, obviously he hasn't written them himself, but you know. There have also been two new key figures on the OHL board, both local guys, most notably, our new CEO, a Leuven guy, who worked 13 years for FIFA as Head of Marketing & Sponsorships. He actually played for OHL's "shadow" team when he was young (Sporting OHL). So, the concerns of having the club being taken away from us, have since been somewhat eased. But what is happening on the pitch is just attrocious.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 2

Fans of LCFC, myself included, will tell you to have faith in Pearson, this is due to the wild success he had here.

But fans of any other team would write him off and rightly so given his record post Leicester.

I really hope he can turn things around at OHL, prove he's got his mojo back and ultimately come back to manage LCFC, but it's starting to look like this will inevitably end up in NP being sacked or him taking OHL down.

15 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Probably got other things on his mind

Personal loss is a terrible thing but it's no excuse to leave business matters hanging, especially if they have long lasting consequences. And if he doesn't feel up to making decisions due to the personal circumstances, he should delegate that responsibility to someone who can.

This is why I've been an opposer of the takeover from day one. Financially it's all very interesting but if the decisions rest with just a single person that creates on hell of a problem if he's not up to the task, whatever the reason may be.

15 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Personal loss is a terrible thing but it's no excuse to leave business matters hanging, especially if they have long lasting consequences. And if he doesn't feel up to making decisions due to the personal circumstances, he should delegate that responsibility to someone who can.

This is why I've been an opposer of the takeover from day one. Financially it's all very interesting but if the decisions rest with just a single person that creates on hell of a problem if he's not up to the task, whatever the reason may be.

Easy to say what Top should be doing but a sacking costs money. It seems our purse strings have been tightened. 

Does anyone understand Thai probate law? Hands may be tied until the legalities are sorted.