Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

45 minutes ago, Beechey said:

It is possible for a manager to be past their best. Jose Mourinho did great at a number of clubs.

You can disagree with wanting a manager to be leading your club without 'bashing' them. Unless you're disputing my assertion that NP has had an catastrophic time at OHL?

Based on his last few positions I would not want him back here. He was fantastic and then he struggled in the PL and has largely struggled since then.

For example, there is a 34% win rate in the Belgian second division for the hero and leader of men.

Not a crazy thing to believe.

Claudio is doing well to take Fulham down, done well with Greece as well, and won the Prem with a team largely built by Pearson.

Swings and roundabouts.

He's done more for this club than people give him credit for he took us from L1 > Prem, lets not forget.

11 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Claudio is doing well to take Fulham down, done well with Greece as well, and won the Prem with a team largely built by Pearson.

Swings and roundabouts.

He's done more for this club than people give him credit for he took us from L1 > Prem, lets not forget.

He certainly did and I'd never deny it, I'm just saying I wouldn't particularly want him back managing us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Swings and roundabouts.

You can give him credit for what he did taking us from League one to the PL and at the same time accept that he's not doing a very good job at OHL, they are not mutually exclusive. I am a big fan of Pearson but let's be honest he's clearly doing a shit job in Belgium, and the concept of him returning to us is just ludicrous

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lizhang said:

Inconclusive since... we lose every week :whistle:

Last 6 games, 5 losses, 1 draw.

Listening to the Pearson interview he mentioned a couple of things, what are your thoughts on them;-

Pitch was bad and dangerous? 

The new players are doing well ? 

It was a clear cut penalty and not given? 

7 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Listening to the Pearson interview he mentioned a couple of things, what are your thoughts on them;-

Pitch was bad and dangerous? 

The new players are doing well ? 

It was a clear cut penalty and not given?

Pitch was bad... but it was the other team that was playing football instead of kick&rush like Pearson's side. So a lousy excuse.

New players... well, he got the topscorer of the league from another team (a direct competitor for relegation) and a central defender of a top 8 team in first division, a player the fans didn't want to see go. And still, football was awfull. Granted, they should be able to help the team more in time, but it doesn't really matter which players he has at his disposal. He already has plenty of quality to pick from. But at least he's acknowledged that Hirst isn't cutting it. That 's a start. We'll consider it a success if these players are making a difference in the playdowns.

It was not a clearcut penalty. The team didn't even remotely deserve a draw. The hometeam created 10 chances before halftime, OHL 2. The final 30 minutes of the match, OHL wasn't even able to set up an attack.

To be honest, i've stopped listening to his bullshit.

10 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

Pitch was bad... but it was the other team that was playing football instead of kick&rush like Pearson's side. So a lousy excuse.

New players... well, he got the topscorer of the league from another team (a direct competitor for relegation) and a central defender of a top 8 team in first division, a player the fans didn't want to see go. And still, football was awfull. Granted, they should be able to help the team more in time, but it doesn't really matter which players he has at his disposal. He already has plenty of quality to pick from. But at least he's acknowledged that Hirst isn't cutting it. That 's a start. We'll consider it a success if these players are making a difference in the playdowns.

It was not a clearcut penalty. The team didn't even remotely deserve a draw. The hometeam created 10 chances before halftime, OHL 2. The final 30 minutes of the match, OHL wasn't even able to set up an attack.

To be honest, i've stopped listening to his bullshit.

Its clearly not working for him and something has to change.

When you mention the playdowns, is that the bottom teams fighting to see who gets relegated? I know your league is alot different to ours with your playoffs and stuff but not heard the expression 'playdown' before.

A fascinating question is would Pearson have won the title if he had stayed on. Ranieris man management was exceptional but so too was his management of the media, played them beautifully. Pearson i dont know how he would have dealt with the media side and pressure, not that it matters. But if he did win the league with us... 

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Its clearly not working for him and something has to change.

When you mention the playdowns, is that the bottom teams fighting to see who gets relegated? I know your league is alot different to ours with your playoffs and stuff but not heard the expression 'playdown' before.

Yes, the playdowns, or also called playoff III (the fight between the 4 bottom teams to decide who gets relegated, once the regular season has ended).

Edit: in the Pearson interview, they mentioned "playdowns" as well. Seems like he's finally faced the fact that we'll be fighting relegation.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Beechey said:

It is possible for a manager to be past their best. Jose Mourinho did great at a number of clubs.

You can disagree with wanting a manager to be leading your club without 'bashing' them. Unless you're disputing my assertion that NP has had a catastrophic time at OHL?

Based on his last few positions I would not want him back here. He was fantastic and then he struggled in the PL and has largely struggled since then.

For example, there is a 34% win rate in the Belgian second division for the hero and leader of men.

Not a crazy thing to believe.

No, He finished 14th in his first season in the PL, I’d say he did pretty damn well. Even when we were bottom, we still put in some good performances. 

The final positions in the PL are decided in May, not December.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Swings and roundabouts.

You must be kidding. He is pretty much the ONLY manager who gets any credit on here.

Lots of good managers lose their drive after time, just look at Mourinho, he WAS a great manager, but now? Not so sure.

Edited by Dahnsouff

7 hours ago, NeilLCFC said:

No, He finished 14th in his first season in the PL, I’d say he did pretty damn well. Even when we were bottom, we still put in some good performances. 

The final positions in the PL are decided in May, not December.

December? We were still dead last in March! So you are using that to justify your apparent opinion that he didn't struggle? Didn't win in 34% of the season (game by game, consecutively) and were bottom after 29 games? I'd call it struggling no matter how well the final 9 or so games went. We were still in the relegation zone after 32 games. 

I won't try to take any of the credit away from him, the survival was incredible, but Pearson struggled in this league. 

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 3