Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

On 11/12/2018 at 02:34, Lizhang said:

I'm sorry i will not agree to disagree, because i'm 100% convinced that you are not thinking clearly. I believe he's had plenty of chances to fix things, and he hasn't. I would even go further and say he hasn't even tried to fix things. Him benching Maertens and Tshimanga last week, was the final straw as far as i'm concerned, because it may have been our last chance to close the gap with 4th spot (and safety). No, he doesn't deserve any more chances to fix this. How long would you be willing to wait? Untill we're relegated? There are only 10 matches left to turn things around (and by that, i mean escape the play-downs), and if people might have thought i was being overly dramatic saying that he was leading us straight to the amateur division two months ago, things are now looking a lot more dire, and getting relegated isn't some wild speculation anymore. We're 3 points from last place, with points getting cut in half in the play-downs, that means we're only one one draw away of going down. But sure, you sit back and watch it happen.

Your conclusion that it must be the players that are at fault, i'm sorry, not only do i disagree based on what i see on the pitch, but you have already been proven wrong on that account. An entire season actually. Compared to last year (when we finished 2nd overall) only one core player has left the team. Storm. Unless you are going to argue, that Storm is the sole reason for us dropping from 2nd to 6th place, then i don't know what you are trying to argue here. To replace Storm, we got Kapustka. I'm guessing he's at least as good as Storm is. The other players from last year that got some game time are ALL STILL HERE. Gillekens, Kawin, Moore, Schuermans, Tshimanga, Daeseleire, Libert, Maertens, Hubert, Persoons, Kehli, Dequevy, Kostovski, Casagolda, Aguemon, Mertens, Sowah, Gorius... Your entire defense and centre midfield, as well as your attack has remained, including your keepers. Just one guy left and Aguemon has been injured. But we got Kapustka, Duplus, Hendriks, Touba, Kerrouche, Myny, Van Landschoot... on top of our squad from last year. If anything, he now has MORE quality to work with. So your entire premise of "it's the players that lack the quality" just goes out the window. He has the quality, he just has to put the best team on the pitch, and make sure he can motivate those guys, and get them to link up. He has failed on all three accounts. He isn't playing his best players, he isn't motivating them, and he sure as **** hasn't been able to make them tick.

But please enlighten me how we were able to finish 2nd last year, with the exact same players - or better "bunch of morons", as you put it - if those very same players, weren't good enough. It's simple, you can't. Because it's not the players. It's the team lacking structure, lacking a gameplan, there are no offensive nor defensive habits or patterns to fall back and rely on, there is no confidence, there is no motivation, no drive, no passion. The best players are being benched (or worse) for months, the worst players, get to play each and every game. You can't get away with shit like that. Your players will not trust you (as a coach) anymore, they won't believe (in) you. I'm sorry man... it's all on Pearson. And if KP doesn't act quickly, they are to be blamed as well. So please, try to argue with some substance because your arguments are not holding any water.

Without knowing OH's problems or in & outs of the club...

This is probably one of the best posts I have read on the foxestalk-forum. I can't say I either agree or disagree,it would be totally unfair...

but you took the topic,your side of reasoning,and put out your opinion and thoughts excellently...

I liked Pearson at Leicester...though not an out n out Pearsonite!!!

I must say I was surprised after last season, to see the team struggling. 

in many cases I hardly blame the manager alone,but unlike Puel at Leicester,Pearson can't really say he hasn't had the playing rescources...

Out of interest..I thought loanee Moore,was supposedly doing well last season...what's happened to him???

I was hoping we would see him return to Leicester ,this or next season,with a successful loan-period behind him!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Without knowing OH's problems or in & outs of the club...

This is probably one of the best posts I have read on the foxestalk-forum. I can't say I either agree or disagree,it would be totally unfair...

but you took the topic,your side of reasoning,and put out your opinion and thoughts excellently...

I liked Pearson at Leicester...though not an out n out Pearsonite!!!

I must say I was surprised after last season, to see the team struggling. 

in many cases I hardly blame the manager alone,but unlike Puel at Leicester,Pearson can't really say he hasn't had the playing rescources...

Out of interest..I thought loanee Moore,was supposedly doing well last season...what's happened to him???

I was hoping we would see him return to Leicester ,this or next season,with a successful loan-period behind him!!

Moore was great last year. But this year he never reached the same level (just like the rest of the team). Some games he was actually quite dire. But, he is still important because he scores rather easily. Already 5 goals this season. Joint OHL top scorer.
Kapustka hasn't been as good, the last few games either, but he was good in november-december.

On 27/01/2019 at 19:41, reynard said:

Does goal difference not count?

Massive game next Friday by the looks of it?

Goal difference will count, but we still need to play 5 matches. Then the bottom 4 teams will again face eachother in playdowns where all points, that were gathered during the regular season, be cut in half. So, the chance that it will come down to goal difference is slim to none.

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

He’s still pretty awkward in front of a camera is ol Nige

I thought it was obvious to see the relief on his face compared to his last interview.

And I find him far less awkward than i.e. Mourinho. He's usually able to make honest assessments and even if he didn't say anything ground-breaking, it shows that he cares.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, shen said:

I thought it was obvious to see the relief on his face compared to his last interview.

And I find him far less awkward than i.e. Mourinho. He's usually able to make honest assessments and even if he didn't say anything ground-breaking, it shows that he cares.

:D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bonanza said:

New striker for OHL. Yanis Mbombo comes in on loan from Moeskroen.

How epic would that have been if they showed the black dude with the fake 2 foot long penis thats gone viral on social media over the last few years lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Are you happy with the signing? Pardon my ignorance but I know nothing about the player!

I'm OK with this signing. We can use all the help we can get in our battle against relegation.

Yannis Mbombo is a 24 year old Belgian striker, who can also play as a winger. During his youth he played for Anderlecht and Standard Liège, where he was considered a big talent. He played 6 games for Standard before going on loan to Auxerre (French Ligue 2), Sint-Truiden (Belgian 1st Division) and Sochaux (French Ligue 2). In January 2017 he signed for Swedish side Örebro SK, but returned to Belgium in July 2017 to play for Moeskroen. He scored twice against us in Playoff 2 last season.

Mbombo comes in on loan from Moeskroen. His contract at Moeskroen expires in 6 months, so if he does well we can sign him for free. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

How epic would that have been if they showed the black dude with the fake 2 foot long penis thats gone viral on social media over the last few years lol

I was gonna make a gif of this but it censored the cock with Pearson's face as the camera lowered towards it but after 45 seconds of googling I gave up, couldn't find the gif and I'm not gonna go digging for it lol 

• Haha 1

Busy day for us.

We have a new defensive midfielder. Aboubakar Keita comes in on loan from Copenhagen.

Also some outgoing transfers:

Central defender Clement Fabre was sold to RWDM (Belgian 1st amateur division)

Striker Esteban Casagolda was sold to Roeselare (Belgian 2nd division)

Striker Sam Hendriks went on loan to Cambuur (Dutch 2nd division)

Striker Daan Vekemans and winger Jo Gilis (both youth players) went on loan to Aalst (Belgian 1st amateur division)

• Like 3