Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

20 hours ago, sylofox said:

Easy to say what Top should be doing but a sacking costs money. It seems our purse strings have been tightened. 

Does anyone understand Thai probate law? Hands may be tied until the legalities are sorted. 

Dropping down to the amateur level costs a hell of a lot more, you can be sure of that.

42 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Dropping down to the amateur level costs a hell of a lot more, you can be sure of that.

I'm not saying it don't. My point is none of us know what Top can/can't do under Thai law until the estate is sorted. 

49 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

There are rumours the money can't be touched until they release cause of death due to it being non-natural circumstances. It may be a case of they can't touch the money rather than they're not wanting to.

47 minutes ago, MPH said:

this is one of the things i don’t like about King Power having  a second club.

First chance we get, we suck the blood out of their future.

I wouldn't be surprised if its the opposite, actually.

Our academy is already doing pretty well by itself, by most accounts, so maybe we've brought these lads over to get them training at a different level so when we send them back they're a little bit more prepared to help the first team.

• Like 1

Two teenage OH Leuven players are training with Leicester City as the clubs’ relationship continues to grow.

Eighteen-year-old duo Daan Vekemans and Jo Gilis are among the top prospects at the King Power-owned Belgian outfit and have been at Belvoir Drive training with their City counterparts.

Striker Vekemans and attacking midfielder Gilis, both Belgian youth internationals, signed new three-year contracts with Leuven in the summer after making their debuts for Nigel Pearson’s side last season. They have made one appearance each this term.

While the pair’s stint with City is the first time Leuven players have come to Leicester, three players have headed in the other direction.

Centre-back Elliott Moore is in the second of a two-season loan at Leuven, captaining the club and scoring in their most recent outing, a 2-1 loss to Union Saint-Gilloise in First Division B, the second tier of Belgium’s football league.

Polish international winger Bartosz Kapustka is also on loan at the Den Dreef Stadium, as is young Ghanaian midfielder Kamal Sowah.

The clubs also share staff, with City vice chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha in charge at Leuven, and chief executive Susan Whelan and director of football Jon Rudkin also on the club’s board.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oh-leuven-leicester-city-prospects-2465191

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Xen said:

I wouldn't be surprised if its the opposite, actually.

Our academy is already doing pretty well by itself, by most accounts, so maybe we've brought these lads over to get them training at a different level so when we send them back they're a little bit more prepared to help the first team.

This....

The point of having a ‘feeder club’ or a ‘developmental club’ is it’s meant to be mutually beneficial.

I might be completely wrong but didn’t the young polish kid have time at Leuven? Kaputska? 

Whoops.. see above

Edited by Col city fan

6 hours ago, MPH said:

this is one of the things i don’t like about King Power having  a second club.

First chance we get, we suck the blood out of their future.

Suppose it works both ways though. They get our good prospects on loan, like Moore.

21 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Suppose it works both ways though. They get our good prospects on loan, like Moore.

not being  rude to him, but if he really was a good prospect  ( to get into a prem team) he would have gone to West Brom like Harvey Barnes..

OH Leuven is a club for the future.

During the early days of a working relationship, in particular, certain aspects may have to become worse before things get better. Same can apply with this, really.

Once the season finishes, Pearson etc can analyse why they struggled, and make a plan to ensure they'll continually progress and eventually prosper over time.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

What ever the point of this thread is , it has not in anyway helped the  football club of Leicester City. One could argue it may have helped as a feeder club but not so far, in fact it could be classed as a money pit drawing potential finances away from the Premier league club.

22 hours ago, Col city fan said:

This....

The point of having a ‘feeder club’ or a ‘developmental club’ is it’s meant to be mutually beneficial.

I might be completely wrong but didn’t the young polish kid have time at Leuven? Kaputska? 

Whoops.. see above

i wouldn’t say sending Kaputska to lueven was taking a talented player away from us that could potentially break into our first team- that is my concern with taking these two young lads away from them.

7 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

What ever the point of this thread is , it has not in anyway helped the  football club of Leicester City. One could argue it may have helped as a feeder club but not so far, in fact it could be classed as a money pit drawing potential finances away from the Premier league club.

They've only been in charge since June 2017! Not going to be an instant success, where were we 1.5 years after KP took over? Losing to Doncaster and sitting mid-table in the champo from what i remember. Then look what happened.

I'm in no way defending how badly Leuven seem to be doing this season, but all good things take time. 

3 hours ago, Oldblueyes said:

Our 32 core players have a combined worth of less than 15 million euro. Half of which were already at the club before KP came along. Reconstructions of the stadium were already finished before KP came by. They have invested a bit in the training grounds and installed new dressing rooms, a new gate... i think they invested about 0.0000001 percent of their worth in OHL.

4 hours ago, MPH said:

i wouldn’t say sending Kaputska to lueven was taking a talented player away from us that could potentially break into our first team- that is my concern with taking these two young lads away from them.

But ‘developing’ them can enable them to break through into Leuven’s first team whilst at the same time we’ve given them Kaputska who should theoretically take their league at a canter, thus theoretically enhancing their league position?

Clearly not!

:D

12 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

They've only been in charge since June 2017! Not going to be an instant success, where were we 1.5 years after KP took over? Losing to Doncaster and sitting mid-table in the champo from what i remember. Then look what happened.

I'm in no way defending how badly Leuven seem to be doing this season, but all good things take time. 

Like puel at Leicester ?

Until now there was much complaining as the team was expected to contend for promotion. That is out of reach already for a while, but after gaining just 1 point out of the last 6 matches we're now getting close to relegation. Complaints have changed to worries.

Below as it stands (regular season = 28 matches).

Bottom four to play relegation play-offs, starting with half the points obtained during the regular season. Bottom team after relegation play-offs drops to amateur level.

Pos Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts Qualification
1 Mechelen 22 14 6 2 46 18 +28 48 Qualification to Europa League play-offs
2 Beerschot Wilrijk 22 12 6 4 37 28 +9 42
3 Union SG 23 10 6 7 32 24 +8 36
4 Westerlo 23 8 5 10 24 28 −4 29  
5 Lommel 22 8 5 9 27 33 −6 29 Qualification to Relegation play-offs
6 Tubize 23 6 5 12 26 37 −11 23
7 Roeselare 23 5 7 11 24 36 −12 22
8 OH Leuven 22 5 4 13 28 40 −12 19
Updated to match(es) played on 26 January 2019. Source: Belgian First Division B (in French) (in Dutch)
Rules for classification: 1) Points; 2) Matches won; 3) Goal difference; 4) Goals scored; 5) Away goals scored; 6) Away matches won; 7) Play-off.
Edited by Pelotas
grammar, size
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1