Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

19 minutes ago, C.J said:

I thought Vichai was in charge of Leicester and Top in charge of OH?  Might have got that wrong.  But surely it'd make sense to cut them off and get on with finishing his Dads work at Leicester.

I think that’s how it was “officially”. I’m sure it was much more fluid in reality though. Susan and a Rudkin are also on the OHL board I think. 

Well, anyone with half a brain could have seen this coming miles away. The signs were there last season, but he was able to swoop in and feed off the work the previous manager had done before he (unfairly) got sacked by the Leicester clan. So for many people it wasn't as apparant because the team was still winning. I read that we only won 8 points out of 11 HOME games. That's 8 out of 33 at home. It's a ****ing disgrace. This guy has the biggest budget at his disposal, got to pick the summer signings, basically can do and ask anything, being untouchable. He managed to get the players that actually gave a ****, bail out. Backing the players not worth a shit, like Hirst. What do you think happens when guys that are working their asses off, get ignored? You lose all credibility, and are left with only the faith of the players you have backed, and are actually worth shit. This guy was supposed to be a peoples manager. Haha, what a joke.

I wonder were the OHL/Belgian football experts (who never saw an OHL game in their lifes but did see some scores from yesteryear) are now, who thought i was some raving lunatic. I'd love to read their opinion.

What a joke.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

Well, anyone with half a brain could have seen this coming miles away. The signs were there last season, but he was able to swoop in and feed off the work the previous manager had done before he (unfairly) got sacked by the Leicester clan. So for many people it wasn't as apparant because the team was still winning. I read that we only won 8 points out of 11 HOME games. That's 8 out of 33 at home. It's a ****ing disgrace. This guy has the biggest budget at his disposal, got to pick the summer signings, basically can do and ask anything, being untouchable. He managed to get the players that actually gave a ****, bail out. Backing the players not worth a shit, like Hirst. What do you think happens when guys that are working their asses off, get ignored? You lose all credibility, and are left with only the faith of the players you have backed, and are actually worth shit. This guy was supposed to be a peoples manager. Haha, what a joke.

I wonder were the OHL/Belgian football experts (who never saw an OHL game in their lifes but did see some scores from yesteryear) are now, who thought i was some raving lunatic. I'd love to read their opinion.

What a joke.

when you’re storming up the top division and winning it in a few years you’ll be embarrassed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

What a joke.

If Leicester are anything to go by sometimes you need to fall, learn the hard lessons and rise to the top.  I know its not easy but we have dropped down to league one and come back up two divisions to win the epl. Dont lose faith they will get things right in due time.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, shade said:

when you’re storming up the top division and winning it in a few years you’ll be embarrassed!

Why would i be embarrassed? For accurately predicting his failure? You really think that because it happened this way at Leicester, that it will automatically happen over here as well? As it were divine intervention that 'd take care of it? I'm convinced we'll be playing in the first league again in a few seasons, but it won't be "thanks to" Pearson, it will be inspite of him. We were always going to end up there again. With or without Pearson, with or without King Power. We just hoped that it would actually speed up the process, not slow it down. So predicting us eventually going up again, really isn't bold at all. There are only about 25 clubs that have any chance (structurally, financially) of playing in the top Belgian league, and 16 of those already do. Because of the way our competition is structured, and the fact that we are one of the bigger cities in a country of villages, it would be inevitable. I explained this before. Even if we had to play with our youth squad in amateur division, we'd be one of the favorites to go up again (unless Pearson is still manager). The situation isn't remotely comparable to England where there are dozens if not hundreds of teams that could grow into a 1st division team. After getting relegated, it would be nigh impossible to drop further.

And none of it takes away that he's doing a pisspoor job at the moment. And there is no reason what so ever, that requires us doing so badly, getting (nearly) relegated, in order to do better. There really isn't. So please spare me the comparisons with Leicester.

44 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

If Leicester are anything to go by sometimes you need to fall, learn the hard lessons and rise to the top.  I know its not easy but we have dropped down to league one and come back up two divisions to win the epl. Dont lose faith they will get things right in due time.

Again, i'm convinced we'll bounce back, but it won't be because of Pearson's work. I still have some faith in King Power, but they need to get their heads out of their asses, acknowledge that Pearson has no idea how to work in our league, is no match for the tactical and defensive way our league is being played, and get him out ASAP. They should have done it months ago.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, shade said:

Surely you have to be being sarcastic or something? Just because Pearson did it once in a completely different scenario doesn't mean he's guaranteed to do it at Leuven given enough time! I understand why Top is probably giving Pearson more time than he otherwise might given the events of a few months ago but I think he needs to get rid, sad as it is to say. Pearson and Leuven is categorically not working.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lizhang said:

What a joke.

Screenshot_20190114-152949_Facebook.thumb.jpg.214b6b6abecde0934c88307d1793c1b7.jpg.58a6be2b152846a0c7cc3d68b4794287.jpg

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Top has written a blog to the fans of OHL last week. Here is the translation (sorry for any grammatical errors):

In my first blog of 2019 I would like to wish all fans Happy New Year. I, along with my family, the board, management, the staff and players are determined to make 2019 a succesful year for LCFC

It took a bit longer than I planned since my last blog, which I wrote just before the tragic death of my father and 4 of his dedicated staff members in October. It’s been a very difficult time, but the support of the big King Power family, which includes LCFC, has been a big help for me and my family. Thank you for all your support and kind messages.

Our plans with LCFC were part of my father’s vision. Now it’s my responsibility to continue his legacy. My family and King Power will remain dedicated to the club and we will do everything to ensure succes in the long term.

So far it has been a difficult season. Like I said before, it will take some time to turn big changes into success. In the past Claude has proved he can build and lead a group of people. He deserves some credit because he choses for success in the long term. Improvements in the long term are always difficult because they change the culture of the organisation, but I strongly believe in this approach.

This approach requires the support and patience of our fans. I’m convinced that you will all keep supporting the team and keep putting trust in our club. If you look at the important improvements within the whole club, I’m convinced you will all see that we keep on working with great passion and dedication, which will result in a successful club which both the fans and the city of
LCFC will be very proud of.

Thank you for your support,

Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha
Vice President

this weeks programme notes :)

• Haha 2

Let’s be honest, Pearson is a busted flush. He’s not up to it. 

King Power are wonderful owners but Pearson is not a good manager. Look at some of the awful runs we went on under Pearson. It happened a few times and every time he just didn’t seem to have any ideas of how to address it. 

O H Leuven are going through that now and we shouldn’t be patronising them. I completely sympathise. Best thing they can do is sack NP soonest. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Let’s be honest, Pearson is a busted flush. He’s not up to it. 

King Power are wonderful owners but Pearson is not a good manager. Look at some of the awful runs we went on under Pearson. It happened a few times and every time he just didn’t seem to have any ideas of how to address it. 

O H Leuven are going through that now and we shouldn’t be patronising them. I completely sympathise. Best thing they can do is sack NP soonest. 

I disagree completely on the points highlighted, he showed great man management and tactical nous to turn those runs around against all odds. We got into the play-offs on the last day after going on an awful run. We won the championship to the surprise of the entire fanbase after making little to no signings after the watford heartbreak. We stayed up in the prem after going on an awful run due to tactical and personell changes. Yes he had his downfalls and I remember disagreeing with some of his selections during those runs, but you cant deny he always managed to turn something which was close to disaster into success. 

However, I do also doubt that he will be able to turn the Leuven situation around. Something seems different this time round, whether it's because his management style isn't compatible over there or because he's missing his regular backroom staff I don't know.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lizhang said:

What a joke.

Ye of little faith.

It's a plan.

Take them to the brink.

Perform a great escape

Win the league.

Stop your snivelling, get yourself a bowl of moules-frites and get reay to enjoy the ride.

Loved the Pearson interview saying his players were training ground players haha.

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

All runs have to turn around eventually. I firmly believe it tended to be despite Pearson. It’s widely acknowledged it only turned round in the prem due to Cambiasso’s input. 

We we shall agree to disagree. 

I think that one was put to bed in Vardy’s autobiography. 

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

All runs have to turn around eventually. I firmly believe it tended to be despite Pearson. It’s widely acknowledged it only turned round in the prem due to Cambiasso’s input. 

We we shall agree to disagree. 

I may think he needs to go from Leuven but this is blatant Pearson revisionism!

Both the play and the level of effort are going from bad to worse.  In that interview, Pearson did not sound like a man who thinks he has the answer.  Which sadly clinched it for me.

OHL are out of time.  Enter the play-downs on this run, they’ll be flushed.  For those of you comparing exiting the league to a small-town amateur competition, to LCFC’s year in League One: Do you think competing with the farm boys of Rupel Boom and Knokke will provide a development environment for LCFC youngsters?  Much less represent how KP want to treat OHL supporters.

The Greece debacle didn’t even hurt Ranieri’s career, and this certainly should not end NGP’s.  What it proves is that he is not “the” manager for all seasons.  As if such a hero ever existed.  Except in the minds of those who still get a semi at the sight of his trainers.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Both the play and the level of effort are going from bad to worse.  In that interview, Pearson did not sound like a man who thinks he has the answer.  Which sadly clinched it for me.

OHL are out of time.  Enter the play-downs on this run, they’ll be flushed.  For those of you comparing exiting the league to a small-town amateur competition, to LCFC’s year in League One: Do you think competing with the farm boys of Rupel Boom and Knokke will provide a development environment for LCFC youngsters?  Much less represent how KP want to treat OHL supporters.

The Greece debacle didn’t even hurt Ranieri’s career, and this certainly should not end NGP’s.  What it proves is that he is not “the” manager for all seasons.  As if such a hero ever existed.  Except in the minds of those who still get a semi at the sight of his trainers.

I don't think Pearson 's the man for any season, Derby and Leuven have tended to prove that one. When he was here he was the part of a team, without them he's been found out.

On 16/01/2019 at 16:30, volpeazzurro said:

I don't think Pearson 's the man for any season, Derby and Leuven have tended to prove that one. When he was here he was the part of a team, without them he's been found out.

It happens. MON was never the same without his 2 trusted men as well. He seems to have found a little relative success with Roy Keane but I'm interested to see how it goes up the road.