Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Thats pearson finished for awhile. Needs yo go enjoy the beach for a year. Travel and step away from the game. Then get back into mgmt in scotland.

Hope leuven get  a good mgr in soon to stop the slide

I suppose the CPL could use some experienced managers. :D

Shame it didn't work out for Pearson in Belgium, that's just some downward spiral this season. Bad results, bad performances. Wish him well, to a happy return to management sometimes soon.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Heathrow fox said:

Has a team ever been so far behind that it’s impossible for them to catch up in these play downs?

Technically, no. But if you go into the playdowns in last place AND in bad form, you're pretty much set to drop. Losing your first game could pretty much seal the deal as that will result in an amount of pressure that is nearly impossible to handle. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Technically, no. But if you go into the playdowns in last place AND in bad form, you're pretty much set to drop. Losing your first game could pretty much seal the deal as that will result in an amount of pressure that is nearly impossible to handle. 

So there is a chance of staying up still ?

3 hours ago, Sly said:

Unfortunately it’s just not worked. I’m surprised they’ve waited this long to pull the trigger on him going.

I'm certain the tragic death of Khun Vichai had something to do with that.

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

There always is as long as it's not mathematically sealed. But over the past two seasons (it's only the third season that this format has been in place), the team that ended last in the regular competition always ended last after the playdowns. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

There absolutely is a chance to stay up. There are still 4 games left in the regular season and then there are still the play-offs/play-downs.

If the regualr season would end today, this would be the standings:

1. KV Mechelen 52 pts

2. Beerschot-Wilrijk 43 pts

3. Union 36 pts

4. Lommel 29 pts

5. Westerlo 29 pts

6. Roeselare 25 pts

7. Tubize 23 pts

8. Leuven 22 pts

Because points are cut in half, this would be the starting situation of the play-downs:

1. Westero 15 pts

2. Roeselare 13 pts

3. Tubize 12 pts

4. Leuven 11 pts

The 4 teams play each other 2 times ( home and away). The team that finishes 4th/last will drop down to the amateur division. Numbers 1, 2 and 3 are safe.

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bonanza said:

There absolutely is a chance to stay up. There are still 4 games left in the regular season and then there are still the play-offs/play-downs.

If the regualr season would end today, this would be the standings:

1. KV Mechelen 52 pts

2. Beerschot-Wilrijk 43 pts

3. Union 36 pts

4. Lommel 29 pts

5. Westerlo 29 pts

6. Roeselare 25 pts

7. Tubize 23 pts

8. Leuven 22 pts

Because points are cut in half, this would be the starting situation of the play-downs:

1. Westero 15 pts

2. Roeselare 13 pts

3. Tubize 12 pts

4. Leuven 11 pts

The 4 teams play each other 2 times ( home and away). The team that finishes 4th/last will drop down to the amateur division. Number 1, 2 and 3 are safe.

Thank-You

I was struggling to find that information.

1 hour ago, KlaaZ said:

You know how badly a coach has done when his main achievements have nothing to do with his actual job.

all joking aside, his main achievements can make a much bigger difference to your clubs long term success than short term results, even a relegation.

41 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

It was inevitable, glad the board didn't bury their head in the sand about this! Well let's hope Vercauteren agrees to come and the club and supporters will finally see the better days soon. 

Well, they did bury their heads for the past 3-4 months but luckily for us, there was a limit even for them. ;)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

According to Belgian newspaper 'Het Nieuwsblad' Michael Appleton is one of the candidates to become manager at Leuven.

Any info on this guy??

Did well at a low league with Oxford. You might be better asking them what he's like as a manager. He was assistant manager with us and only stepped in as caretaker for a very short period, in which he did ok but it wasn't enough to judge really.

I don't think he'll be a good fit for Leuven, personally. Just a feeling, not based on any particular facts.

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

According to Belgian newspaper 'Het Nieuwsblad' Michael Appleton is one of the candidates to become manager at Leuven.

Any info on this guy??

Obviously he has a track record with the City Board.  He did well as Assistant to Puel to start with, but left to get a Managers job elsewhere in the UK (he was linked to the then vacant job at West Brom - he was an ex-Albion Assistant), but it never happened.  I think OHL could do a lot worse - BUT, I don't know if lack of knowledge of Belgian football would be a problem - for him or any British Coaches. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Any info on this guy??

4 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Obviously he has a track record with the City Board.  He did well as Assistant to Puel to start with, but left to get a Managers job elsewhere in the UK (he was linked to the then vacant job at West Brom - he was an ex-Albion Assistant), but it never happened.  I think OHL could do a lot worse - BUT, I don't know if lack of knowledge of Belgian football would be a problem - for him or any British Coaches. 

Didn't I see Franky Vercauteren mentioned earlier as a possibility if Pearson was to go? He would be a far better choice than Appleton, with his track record in Belgian football.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Didn't I see Franky Vercauteren mentioned earlier as a possibility if Pearson was to go? He would be a far better choice than Appleton, with his track record in Belgian football.

Vercauteren is one of the candidates according to Belgian media. To be honest, he's my favorite.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franky_Vercauteren